• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2015 Pre-Season |OT| The Power of Dreams™

Status
Not open for further replies.

DD

Italian Omnicorse magazine is reporting that Force India might be sold to an american investor (not Haas).

DBT85

Button had a random piss test from the FIA at the end of the day.

Apparently it was his first for two seasons.

How can it be that after a 20 race season, and 5 sessions per race, that one of the 20 ish drivers on the grid hasn't been tested in 2 years.

Juicy Bob

Vettel still thinks Mercedes are the team to beat. He said that even if they didn't even bother to show up at this first test, they'd still win at Melbourne.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Vettel still thinks Mercedes are the team to beat. He said that even if they didn't even bother to show up at this first test, they'd still win at Melbourne.

I think that Mercedes won't even bother with low fuel runs on testing, they will strike in Melbourne with full power. Instead, they will work on aero and component reliability

TCRS

Banned
damn the ferrari sounds sexy. mclaren still throaty as hell.

I'm loving the new sounds and they're louder as well.

That'd be a press release I'd actually read. "We could've showed up to testing to appease the teams and the FIA, but we opted to faff about and stay home. We won any way so no harm was done."

DD

Nasr said that the Ferrari engine is not so different from the Merc he used last year at Williams, and that the car is predictable and easy to drive. He also said that he saw things at Williams that he can pass to Sauber this year.

B82ApD2IEAAHvhU.jpg

259032.jpg

Wait, is Lewis keeping the '44'?
Or don't we know jet and this is only during testing?

Ark

I think that Mercedes won't even bother with low fuel runs on testing, they will strike in Melbourne with full power. Instead, they will work on aero and component reliability

I would imagine so. The only area Mercedes were weakast year, and Toto frequently mentioned it, was with their reliability.

King Eric says the electrical problems have been fixed which will allow Alonso to fly tomorrow.

200 laps or bust

Darren Heath ‏@F1Photographer 6h6 hours ago
Once the #F1 #Honda powerunit in the #MP430 is running at 100% throttle it will be LOUD! A very, very distinctive sound.

He said he's keeping it and F1Fanatic did a big thing about their not being a #1 in a couple of decades. The #1 is not optional and not mandatory now. Besides last time he wore that number he was rewarded with The Silver Donkey.
No number one in F1 for first time in over 20 years

I know, that they are allowed to keep their number. But i have missed that he really going to keep it. Cool! Although I have to admit, that I'll miss the '1' a little.

pootle

Shamelessly stolen from Reddit, but here's 6 minutes of nice HD footage from today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYTaZweP7XU

Cars sound pretty good I think.

Thanks for the link- the Williams looks so well controlled, there's no wasted movement or effort at all. The Red Bull and Merc look pretty special too, nothing unexpected there.

To be honest they all look good, very impressive.

And then the McLaren staggers by sounding like a bag of spanners? Good grief.

Not long ago we even had two races here...

Let's hope that the other European tracks are more sustainable. A Formula 1 without Spa, Silverstone, or Monza would be ridiculous.
It's reaching a point when only a big company can save the race. You know like a big German car company in F1 and that happens to have some presence in both circuits...

But who knows.

Is that his signature? Looks like the Devil's signature.

It's been blurred.

Pimpwerx

Never saw this on another car. This is on the Merc. Apparently it's legal. Would that be an airfoil for down force?

B82TUJEIMAABWaJ.jpg

PEACE.

DBT85

Looks like it will help keep the hot air from the rads apart from the cool air around the car until the last minute.

xenist

Not long ago we even had two races here...

Let's hope that the other European tracks are more sustainable. A Formula 1 without Spa, Silverstone, or Monza would be ridiculous.

I swear if F1 ends up being some circus travelling around exotic locales running on Tilke tracks I'll be done for good. I can deal with Bernie being satanic but not having the best circuits be part of F1 I will not abide.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Drivers for day 3

Mercedes - Nico Rosberg
Red Bull - Daniel Ricciardo
Williams - Felipe Massa
Ferrari - Kimi Raikkonen
McLaren - Fernando Alonso
Toro Rosso - Carlos Sainz Jr
Lotus - Pastor Maldonado
Sauber - Felipe Nasr

We will probably soon see a lot of testing gizmos on cars

Draconian

Vettel seems happy with the Ferrari.

Obviously went in with low expectations, but the team is doing and saying all the right things at the moment. Pace seems very encouraging.

After getting hyped after every time Kimi looked half decent in practice, I can't force myself to be excited by this. I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic. It's not like Ferrari can be any worse than last season right?

Or can they?

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Crashtor said that new Lotus feels like a totally new car. Exclusive news break: water is wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom