• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The fry + steam reheat method for pizza is a game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

If you're talking about Domino's or Papa Johns dumpster fire, sure eat that crap cold. It's hangover fare.

But Roberta's pizza cold? Nah, son.

New York Style-Pizza Reheating

Step 1: Throw it in the trash.
Step 2: Why did you order that no crust garbo to begin with, chump? No wonder you have left overs.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Ok, now do this but while you got the skillet out fry a couple of sunny side eggs next to it. Put the eggs on top of the pizza when it's done it will fuckin blow you dawg im serious

DopeToast

Banned
99% of the time I eat it cold. I'll specifically buy an extra large pizza for myself with the intent of wrapping almost half the slices in aluminum foil and eating them cold for the next few days.

When I do reheat I use the toaster over, which works really well and can fit two normal size slices, or I'll use the conventional oven if I need to reheat more.

SigSig

Can someone try this already for science?
It takes like 3 minutes, come on.
I can't since my local pizza place isn't open yet.

Apt101

I've been doing this since college years circa 2002, but glad others are discovering it. Also try re-seasoning it while it steams (oregano, pepper). Stretches out a dollar.

Social

Why are people so amazed at this? It's a pan... and some water. It's not exactly that special.

Can't wait until some douche calls it a lifehack.

Why are people so amazed at this? It's a pan... and some water. It's not exactly that special.

Its not the standard method of reheating anything.
It unlike other methods preserves the integrity of the pizza and in some cases makes it better (crisper base)
Everyone loves pizza

SigSig

We've been doing this for years, I thought this was common knowledge!

I've been doing this since college years circa 2002, but glad others are discovering it. Also try re-seasoning it while it steams (oregano, pepper). Stretches out a dollar.

OP here but I did it with some Mediterranean flavoured chicken pizza from last night. Was amazing.

This thread may have fundamentally changed my life.

You got the curse of knowledge brah. I did not know about this method until I saw it posted on Reddit a few months back and tried it.

Two things stand out about this thread...

1) the number of people who think it's too much work to throw a piece of pizza in a pan with water

2) the number of people appalled by cold pizza

Magnus

Toaster Oven kind of nails it. Put slices straight on the rack. Crispy bottom, broil on top to get the cheese melty, easy. No clean up.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I have been doing a similar method with leftover pizza for years. In some cases it's better than the first go round IMO.

I microwave the pizza for 30-60 seconds to warm up toppings and cheese then go straight to the frying pan. the microwave step let's me skip the steaming. Apparently I am too lazy to steam it, but not lazy enough to eat leftover pizza like a savage (cold, or "just" microwaved).

Try it. either method. It will change your pizza leftover life.

Edit: damn a lot of doubters in this thread. I reiterate in many instances the pizza tastes better than the first go round.

Nozomi

Banned
Im using a Pizzastone for my oven

Pizzastein_800x550.jpg

https://youtu.be/83nfE73dL5g

Allmost as good as freshly made from a trattoria and also works perfect for reheating pizza.

I do this but without water. I set the stove to 3 and cover the pan, then come back in ten minutes. Steam sounds like it would improve the speed a lot, so I'll give that a shot.

Indicate

I tried this method and it does work as the picture implies BUT i can't seem to get the pizza hot this way. It gets lukewarm at best.

I found this method only works for room temperature pizza. When straight from the fridge, do 3 mins and then 4 mins. Works perfectly.

This is the only way I reheat pizza ever since I learned about this.

Who has time to reheat pizza like this?

It's 3 mins... I still don't understand the mentality of posts like this.

I suppose you could always eat it cold like the filthy animal you are but this is like minimal prep, I wonder how people can actually be bothered to make a decent meal if they can't spend 3 min warming up some pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom