• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The fry + steam reheat method for pizza is a game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Mog

I wrap it lightly in foil and put it in the oven, it has a very similar outcome without the cleanup.

This. I don't want the bottom of my pizza to be crispy. NY Pizza has to be floppy when you eat a slice. Just put it in the cold oven, middle rack, with aluminum foil and be sure to curl the edge of foil where the crust is and wrap it over the crust (this is super important as it prevents the crust from becoming hard and dry and makes it come great), put oven to 400F and just wait this the cheese is the way you want it and voila.

Have no microwave so I've been doing it like this for years now. It's a far better way to reheat things. It ends up being the same as if you just made the thing.

JayDub

WTF, is cold the norm? The fuck kind of bullshit is that? Do you eat leftover cold chiken without heating it up?

That's disgusting. is it even safe?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
While I'm a fan of cold pizza as anyone else a good method to reheat it without it turning into cardboard? Count me in.

nded

Just tried it. Works very well, but it's definitely more effort than sticking a slice in a toaster oven. It's also pretty rare that any pizza worth this amount of effort will survive to have leftovers in my household.

Just tried this and it works really well. We had food city self rising and I figured why not. Now I want to try out with dominos or jets.

otapnam

I do the microwave n fry with pot lid method.

I just nuke it enough to get it going then fry for the crisp bottom. Usually for leftovers out of the freezer

friday

I like to use the over/broiler, but this method might work faster.

Using steam works great for melting the cheese on your burger too. The patties come out covered in a layer of gooey yellow cheese.

I do it the true way, cutting it into strips and frying it with sausage, peppers and mushrooms. And then side it with a fried egg and hot sauce. Perfect way to wake up and you don't have to eat anything else until like 8 pm.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Oven on a cookie sheet to 450f.

The pan method doesn't melt the cheese enough and if you do the steam thing you get soggy crust or the consistency of a big pretzel (gross).

Oven will make sure everything is nice and crunchy (not hard like cereal) just like you ordered it.

Microwave gives chewey crust, which can be desired sometimes but it's very very rare.

This is try with most things... If you take whatever you wrap something with it's usually really wet because of evaporation. You can do this in the microwave for the same effect, you're just have something dried out regain moisture. Adding water to rice and such is how you reheat it without it coming out bad.

Dedede

Neo Member
I do this, except on medium heat and skip right to the steam step. The crust still ends up crispy in my experience.

Not a fan of cold pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom