• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The fry + steam reheat method for pizza is a game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get melty cheese and crispy crust out of a toaster oven. All you need to do is wrap the pizza slices in aluminum foil first so the heat distributes more evenly.

v1lla21

Gonna try it but cold pizza for breakfast is fucking delicious.

I like saving the crust and then eating it with a glass of chocolate milk.

Shy

Damm GAF, two pages and no one has posted the food wishes video showing the pizza tech.
uPnjs8B.gif

Here's the vid. Let Chef John show you the way.

Magic Pizza Reheat Method! - How to Get Crispy Crust on Leftover Pizza!

disclaimer. i've never done this method. I'm too lazy, i just throw mine in the oven.

Biske

Picture says 2 drops, but can clearly see 3. What the fuck OP. What kind of bait and switch scam is this.

When you move away from microwaves to reheat shit, life really changes. Even just oven reheating was mind blowing. Will try this. sometime. someday.

MrCarter

What a coincidence I'm just getting a pizza now. Pepperoni, spicy beef and mushroom. I normally re-heat the pan way anyway but didn't know the water drop/steam technique.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

Glix

I just preheat the oven to 425 and put the slice in for a minute or two and its pretty great. Maybe Ill give this a shot.

Protip: not the microwave. Not ever

Steel

Banned
I just preheat the oven to 425 and put the slice in for a minute or two and its pretty great. Maybe Ill give this a shot.

Protip: not the microwave. Not ever

Whenever I use my oven to reheat, it tastes worse than what comes out of the microwave's pizza preset.

aett

The pan thing lets you do, what, one or two slices at a time? Do none of you have families? Try doing that for you, your spouse, and a couple of kids. For the same amount of time (possibly less) and a fraction of the effort, just reheat it in the oven for a few minutes.

And all these posts about not saving pizza are ridiculous. If we have a busy weekend ahead, we order extra pizza (or get extra take and bake) for a quick and filling dinner or lunch. It's perfect between sports/shopping/other errands/family activities.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Cold pizza is awesome but it isn't necessarily better. It just makes it a really convenient and delicious leftover snack to pull right out of the fridge and eat.

That said, the best pizza is leftover chicago-style boiled in water. Yum!!

DJ_Lae

Way too much work if you're just making a single slice (and if I'm just doing that, I'm going to eat it cold).

If I'm going to heat up multiple slices I'll do it in the oven - 350 or so for about 5 minutes.

Treo360

I love cold plain pizza. If there is toppings then it goes in my Aga as it's always on and doesn't dry out the food. Will try this just for shits...

Fusebox

Banned
First I microwave the slice a bit. That melts the cheese and releases the moisture. Then I throw it on a skillet to toast the bottom.

Would definetely do this for a fancier slice. But cold chain delivery? I'll nuke it. It's become a wierd form of nostalgia, like pizza itself. My childhood Sundays were defined by throwing last night's Papa Murphy's in the microwave for a minute, for that perfect scalding-at-the-edges, cold-in-the-middle flavor experience. In high school, I'd live for entire weeks on microwaved leftover Dominos after the Drama Club inevitably ordered too much for a cast party.

Bad microwave pizza takes me back to those moments. Sure, it could be better. But then it wouldn't be the same.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Microwave; worst
Toaster; oven convenient good
Cold; lazy acceptable

Also put a damp paper towel over leftover rice in the microwave.

Da_Bears

Neo Member
Reheat? Not a chance. That taste after it has had a night to snuggle up together in the cold fridge is the only way to go on leftover pizza.

Next thing you folks will be saying it is you use a knife and fork too.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I usually do it in the oven on a really low heat for 5 minutes, everything melts and it's nice and hot. I may give this a go next time to compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom