• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The fry + steam reheat method for pizza is a game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to have to try this...

Cold pizza gained new meaning for me already when o discovered how amazing microwave ovens were to microwaves in reheating them

mhayes86

I prefer just tossing it in the oven on some tin foil while the oven preheats to 400F. Once the oven beeps, the pizza is cooked with a nice crunchy crust.

I've been doing this forever, get at me ;)

But yea, it's great. Just did it last night. On pretty old pizza, I put a little water in the the cold pan with the pizza. Bottom so crispy. Yum.

Indicate

It's 3 mins... I still don't understand the mentality of posts like this.

I suppose you could always eat it cold like the filthy animal you are but this is like minimal prep, I wonder how people can actually be bothered to make a decent meal if they can't spend 3 min warming up some pizza

Yeah, it's really quick to do. Little time needed and is worth the minimal effort.

How big are these two drops of water?

I use a tsp of water and distribute 2 drops around the pan.

I feel bad for all of you that believe it's possible to reheat pizza to an acceptable, palatable form. Reheated cheese is never, ever good or acceptable.

Quit lying to yourselves.

I dunno, I prefer sticking it in the oven until the cheese and toppings are a little crispy. Better than fresh imho

I am also a fan of the cold pizza, but only plain pepperoni, cold sausage or vegetables are gross

I have a pizza stone so when we reheat pizza, we throw it on the stone at ~450 degrees for about 6-8 mins. Pretty similar to getting it from the pizza place, sometimes a little more burnt but I like it that way anyway.

Putting a cup of water in the microwave with the pizza works well enough for me.

I might be wrong but I think this is an urban myth, that it doesn't make any difference.

The Beard

Cold pizza is too good though + the convenience of just pulling it out of the box and eating it = reheating is for suckers.

I've seen these different methods and honestly? I'm okay with just popping it in the microwave. It's leftover pizza - I'm not expecting it to taste as fresh as when I first ordered it. And I'm too lazy to utilize a stove just to reheat it tbh.

I have a pizza stone so when we reheat pizza, we throw it on the stone at ~450 degrees for about 6-8 mins. Pretty similar to getting it from the pizza place, sometimes a little more burnt but I like it that way anyway.

I might be wrong but I think this is an urban myth, that it doesn't make any difference.

Could be. Definitely has a bit of a placebo effect on me then, heh.

natjjohn

Oven. 375 for 12 minutes. Delicious; like new again.

Microwave bleh. This method might be good but seems to just be an impatient version of just using the oven

kswiston

I like fresh, hot pizza, but if I am going to choose between reheating and eating the pizza cold, it's cold all the way.

The toaster oven method is good, but sometimes I don't want to wait 10 mins.

ChrisD

Read "fry" and thought you meant fryer. Glad it's not the case, but now I don't get to use the joke, "Yeah, it's a gamechanger, but it's also a heartstopper," and that's kind of lame.

Will try this the next time I have leftover pizza.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Cold pizza is awesome.

I see why people want the crispiness, but goddam stumbling to the fridge and having a slice is sweet.

Cold pizza is pretty dope for leftovers. Well actually room temp pizza. Fridge pizza sucks.

Putting it in the fridge before even eating it hot is nuts tho

Psh. Old news.

Also for anyone wanting to make something seem freshish again using the microwave... you basically do the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom