• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

All this girl group talk reminds me of...

tumblr_ly2e8ly0xM1qfj59do4_r1_250.gif

Don't drag me ;___; I only really liked Show Stopper and Damaged.

They're still my favorite girl group in recent memory. I'd never drag someone for that.

Bladenic

Just heard Perra's Peacock for the first time... I kinda wanna kill myself right now. Why oh why did I buy this album...?

California Gurls remains flawless though. Plz come back with more Cali Gurls/Snoop/Teenage Dream Perra. WAY less of One that Got Away, Wide Awake and esp. Part of Me. Not even gonna mention Peacock and Circle the Drain.... Atrocities.

Majmun

Well, apparently not, given some of the people you do stan for, and some of the people you don't.

My poll results:

Aaliyah (9)
Adam Lambert (-5)
Adele (10)
Alanis Morissette
Alicia Keys (5)
Ashanti
Avril Lavigne
Azealia Banks (5)
Beyonce (10)
Bjork
Brandy
Britney Spears (5)
Carly Rae Jepson (-10)
Carrie Underwood
Cheryl Cole
Chris Brown (3)
Christina Aguilera (5)
Ciara
Coldplay (3)
David Guetta
Demi Lovato
Duffy (3)
Ellie Goulding
Fergie
Fiona Apple
Florence + the Machine (5)
Fun
Gwen Stefani (5)
Hilary Duff
J.lo
Janelle Monae (10)
Janet Jackson (5)
Jessie J
Jojo
Justin Beiber
Justin Timberlake (8)
Katy Perry (-5)
Ke$ha (-10)
Kelly Clarkson
Kelly Rowland
Kimbra (5)
Kylie Minogue (5)
La Roux (10)
Lady Gaga (10)
Lana Del Rey (5)
Lauryn Hill (5)
Leona Lewis (3)
Madonna (-10)
Mariah Carey (10)
Marina and the Diamonds
Maroon 5 (-5)
MIA (10)
Miley Cyrus
Nelly Furtado (7)
Ne-Yo (3)
Nicki Minaj (5)
Nicole Scherzinger
No Doubt(5)
One Direction (-10)
P!nk (5)
Pitbull
Rihanna (7)
Rita Ora (3)
Robyn (10)
Sade (5)
Selena Gomez
Shakira
Shania Twain (3)
Spice Girls (10)
Taylor Swift
The Wanted (-10)
TLC (5)
Usher
Whitney Houston (5)

ibxmtrb2BSkfYC.gif

Just heard Perra's Peacock for the first time... I kinda wanna kill myself right now. Why oh why did I buy this album...?

California Gurls remains flawless though. Plz come back with more Cali Gurls/Snoop/Teenage Dream Perra. WAY less of One that Got Away, Wide Awake and esp. Part of Me. Not even gonna mention Peacock and Circle the Drain.... Atrocities.

A song I'm legitimately embarrassed about when it comes on my playlist. But I remember when the album first came out, I listened to it quite a bit. I like(d) the "come on baby let me see, what you're hiding underneath" part. The part where she repeats "peacock pea pea cock I wanna see your pea..." is suicide inducing though.

Bladenic

A song I'm legitimately embarrassed about when it comes on my playlist. But I remember when the album first came out, I listened to it quite a bit. I like(d) the "come on baby let me see, what you're hiding underneath" part. The part where she repeats "peacock pea pea cock I wanna see your pea..." is suicide inducing though.

Oh it's catchy for sure.... but in the "oh ma God I wanna blow my brains out because this song is an atrocity against music and mankind in terms of lyrics" kind of way.

This is how we know Rihanna and Perra are besties. Rihanna heard Perra's Peacock and decided she also wanted an "audacious" song about dick except without being "obvious" (LOL). So she gave us Cockiness. Another atrocity against the Earth as we know it. Ugh.

Bladenic

About lyrics specifically, this criticism could apply to all of our faves. If you frequent this thread, you better not be looking for decent lyrics.

Agreed on the basic level. But it's unfair to some of our faves who try and actually do produce some good lyrics every now and again.

Also, if we clumped everyone in one group of pop and said they all produce bad lyrics, then Perra's Peacock and Rihanna's Cockiness would be about several million football fields below that. In the very center of the depths of hell.

In fact, I bet Satan tortures you with Peacock on repeat for eternity...

Peru

I think there are lots of examples of great lyrics from many (most?) of the faves in this thread, whether they've written them themselves or not, whether simple or not. I don't think Katy Perry has any, at least that I've noticed.

Koodo

Banned
There is nothing defensible about Perra. She truly is vile in everything but breasts.

Our faves cannot compare, THANKFULLY.

Kyon

Banned
ET is one of the highest grossing and iconic movies ever made tho so

ibxmtrb2BSkfYC.gif

tumblr_loinj2JZ3L1qanw6wo1_500.gif

I think she's way cute, but all that aside, when will your faves have BULLET PROOF street cred?

I don't know how to stan

You're doing it right :) just boast about how your faves do something better than everyone else's and how they can't compare to yours.

Switters

ET is one of the highest grossing and iconic movies ever made tho so

You're doing it right :) just boast about how your faves do something better than everyone else's and how they can't compare to yours.

OKAY THEN

Highest grossing is right

i2HGV.jpg

D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom