• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

So, following the lead of brave sis Koodo into the world of gif making, I have concocted my first gif:

sabK6.gif

This is a special moment for me.
aew0q8vjci.png

Majmun

You obviously have never even listened to a Gods Aloud or Saturdays song tbh.

Ofcourse I have. Those poor groups lacked the magic that the Spice Girls obviously had.

The only other girlgroups I kinda liked were All Saints and Sugababes. Couldn't get into the other ones.

And Destiny's Child. But that's not really a girlgroup. More like a popstar with background singers.

-edit-

royalan knows what's up

sabK6.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
More like personality free in the Saturdays case.

tumblr_m20fdj9c5r1qa9mqkfj.gif
tumblr_m20fdj9c5r1qa9bljk5.gif
tumblr_m20fdj9c5r1qa9i0jew.gif

tumblr_m20fdj9c5r1qa9t0jfh.gif
tumblr_m20fdj9c5r1qa9z0j3m.gif
tumblr_m20fdj9c5r1qa92iksd.gif

tumblr_m20fdj9c5r1qa9v1jfm.gif
tumblr_m20fdj9c5r1qa9ecjk4.gif
tumblr_m20fdj9c5r1qa9cgk13.gif

Sis I can't even argue the UK is just a cut above when it comes to girl bands. Lesser third world nations shouldn't even try to compete tbh.

Ofcourse I have. Those poor groups lacked the magic that the Spice Girls obviously had.

nothankuxdjh0.gif

Gods Aloud don't really lack anything tbh. The Saturdays haven't been quite as consistently amazing as GA tho so I can almost understand that.

So like I say you've obviously never actually sat down and listened to GA or you'd realise that they're actually the most consistently amazing pop act of the past 10 years.

Start with The Sound of Girls Aloud and come back once your re-education is complete.

I think some of you people assume that because America was too busy listening to pop-rock drivel like Belly Lardson that GA must not be all that. But actually GA's failure to break the US is actually reflective of the fact that they're just too exciting for uncultured US audiences to deal. #teaspillageonaisle4

royalan

lolz @ Sugababes, 1.0 yes, but the other line ups not even.

I definitely agree. The latest formation is an abomination.

Yes...lets not speak of the cesspool of ratchet that group has become.
aew0q8vjci.png

But Taller In More Ways wasn't a horrible album. It gave us "Push The Button" afterall. The song that made me stan for Dallas Austin's production (back then, anyway).

"Red Dress" gave me life too (the version with Mutya's vocals, of course).

EDIT: DID NOT KNOW THAT "RED DRESS" WAS XENOMANIA PRODUCTION.

If I wasn't stanning for the Xenomania/Xtina collabo before I DEFINITELY am now. Xtina, you better fuck for them tracks if you have to! "Red Dress" STILL gives me life!

Bladenic

Gods Aloud don't really lack anything tbh. The Saturdays haven't been quite as consistently amazing as GA tho so I can almost understand that.

So like I say you've obviously never actually sat down and listened to GA or you'd realise that they're actually the most consistently amazing pop act of the past 10 years.

Start with The Sound of Girls Aloud and come back once your re-education is complete.

I think some of you people assume that because America was too busy listening to pop-rock drivel like Belly Lardson that GA must not be all that. But actually GA's failure to break the US is actually reflective of the fact that they're just too exciting for uncultured US audiences to deal. #teaspillageonaisle4

Was it really necessary to shade Godson?

Also I care not for any of these girl groups. However, I will say that Push the Button is great.

Peru

Music-wise Girls Aloud were rowdier, louder, more obviously british than the other groups. The real clincher is the fact that two of their albums, Chemistry and Tangled Up, are are so damn good as cohesive albums. They kinda lost it with the last one, though, so it's no biggie they took a 'break' and a comeback could be embarassing.

Sugababes singles collection is divine. Never got that one perfect album from them.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yes...lets not speak of the cesspool of ratchet that group has become.
aew0q8vjci.png

But Taller In More Ways wasn't a horrible album. It gave us "Push The Button" afterall. The song that made me stan for Dallas Austin's production (back then, anyway).

"Red Dress" gave me life too (the version with Mutya's vocals, of course).

EDIT: DID NOT KNOW THAT "RED DRESS" WAS XENOMANIA PRODUCTION.

If I wasn't stanning for the Xenomania/Xtina collabo before I DEFINITELY am now. Xtina, you better fuck for them tracks if you have to! "Red Dress" STILL gives me life!

Sis how can you even stan for XENOMANIA and not love GODS ALOUD.

You don't even MAKE SENSE. The LAWS OF LOGIC must be messed up in your parallel universe.

royalan

Sis how can you even stan for XENOMANIA and not love GODS ALOUD.

You don't even MAKE SENSE. The LAWS OF LOGIC must be messed up in your parallel universe.

Sis, I just wasn't impressed with the few songs I've heard by them. Girl groups have been in an awful state lately, even across the pond.

However, learning that Xenomania was responsible for the POP PERFECTION that is "Red Dress", I'll have to reconsider.

State a convincing case, and I'll happily stan.

sabK6.gif

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Sis, I just wasn't impressed with the few songs I've heard by them. Girl groups have been in an awful state lately, even across the pond.

However, learning that Xenomania was responsible for the POP PERFECTION that is "Red Dress", I'll have to reconsider.

State a convincing case, and I'll happily stan.

sabK6.gif

220px-Chemistry_GA.jpg
or
220px-Tangled_Up.jpg

These albums are both basically perfect.

[edit] Also, recently? Gods Aloud have been on a 'year hiatus' for three years now.

dyizc8xaem.gif

royalan

this album

220px-Chemistry_GA.jpg

or singles collection.. or tangled up. girls aloud were basically xenomania's heart

220px-Chemistry_GA.jpg
or
220px-Tangled_Up.jpg

These albums are both basically perfect.

[edit] Also, recently? Gods Aloud have been on a 'year hiatus' for three years now.

dyizc8xaem.gif

Will add this to the pile with The Wanted, and report back. :)

Speaking of All Saints, Stooshe's latest single 'Black Heart' was written by Shaznay Lewis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgbKKZWZuQo

A cappella version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_sTnX9Gb3s

wait.

Wait.

WAIT.

WHAT IS THIS SONG OMG I CANT EVEN!!!

I have just been SLAYED.

HEW is Stooshe?

WHERE HAVE THEY BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

GOD that song just gave me EVERYTHING. Vocals, Lyrics, Swagger, Production, EVERYTHING.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
wait.

Wait.

WAIT.

WHAT IS THIS SONG OMG I CANT EVEN!!!

I have just been SLAYED.

HEW is Stooshe?

WHERE HAVE THEY BEEN ALL MY LIFE?

GOD that song just gave me EVERYTHING. Vocals, Lyrics, Swagger, Production, EVERYTHING.

Stooshe are a product of the FIRST WORLD OF POP. Yet more flaw free exports for you all.

Though it would be quite nice if we got something of value in trade once in a while.

Stooshe are a product of the FIRST WORLD OF POP. Yet more flaw free exports for you all.

Though it would be quite nice if we got something of value in trade once in a while.

Godbyn, Aphrodylie Minogue, Gods Aloud, The Blessed Sisters of the Scissor, Godney...

To name but some of my flaw-free-faves.

Hmmmmm.... The actual FIRST WORLD OF POP has two representatives on your list, while the THIRD WORLD has but one.

ecurbj

Man, both of Danity Kane's albums are awesome! They need to release another one but apparently one of the members left and developed a group with Diddy called Dirty Money.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Hmmmmm.... The actual FIRST WORLD OF POP has two representatives on your list, while the THIRD WORLD has but one.

Notice that FOUR of my faves made it big in the first world before the third world, and that FOUR of them either live here or would call it their second home.

Shade dispelled tbh.

You're going to have to admit that we are more loving of TRUE TALENT wherever it comes from than people in the rest of the world. We can spot a flaw-free pop act a mile off.

SaintZ

Man, both of Danity Kane's albums are awesome! They need to release another one but apparently one of the members left and developed a group with Diddy called Dirty Money.
Don't be afraid. Danity Kane was pretty flawless. Their only real mistake was being a Bad Boy act. :(

and FUCK Dawn...
Diddy fired Aubrey from the group too, right? I didn't watch a lot of Making The Band but I remember some drama surrounding Aubrey's departure years ago.

DMeisterJ

Banned
All this girl group talk reminds me of...

tumblr_ly2e8ly0xM1qfj59do4_r1_250.gif

Don't drag me ;___; I only really liked Show Stopper and Damaged.

Don't be ashamed. DK was an awesome group. It sucks that Aubr-

Don't be afraid. Danity Kane was pretty flawless. Their only real mistake was being a Bad Boy act. :(

and FUCK Dawn...

It just sucks that it was actually Aubrey that ruined the group with her insecurities.

Majmun

Omg It's GOOGOOSHA

nQLfd.gif

I remember her. It's weird we haven't seen any bribed stans of her in here. I guess money and death threats can't buy everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom