• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
What have you done, Koo?!

xWVBm.jpg

kebabREX_468x304.jpg

B-Dex

they were even going nuts for the support act, Lady Starlight, who did little more than prance around the stage with a few props to some lame music.
I’m happy to put it on record that she is the worst support act I have ever seen. Seriously, look her up on YouTube

SPILL DAT TEA

Starlight was a boring mess when I went to TMB too.

9IxhV.gif

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
SPILL DAT TEA

Starlight was a boring mess when I went to TMB too.
Yeah, she was amusing for being so godawful - people were just bewildered I think!
The acoustic version of Edge of Glory in the encore was spine tingling, and showed off her superb voice.
The opening of that song was probably the highlight of the show. So good.

That article, however, is embarrassingly amateurish.

Icicle

It would be funny if Janet still could land covers on magazines people gave a damn.

H3k2E.jpg

July 2012 issue.

Prevention Magazine's Total Circulation: 2.9 million

Harper's Bazaar's Total Circulation: 715,000

It's funny because people buy stuff at bazaars, just not Rihanus albums.

FhUyC.gif

Mau ®

I guess it's cute your fave knows her audience and lands covers on a magazine that targets the not-as-coveted 40yo+ middle class women target demo.

It also shows in her sponsorships as of late. Her brand has taken a bit of a hit, hasnt it?

I mean, even Madonna still gets luxury brands after her. Why cant Janice?

Switters

I guess it's cute your fave knows her audience and lands covers on a magazine that targets the not-as-coveted 40yo+ middle class women target demo.

It also shows in her sponsorships as of late. Her brand has taken a bit of a hit, hasnt it?

I mean, even Madonna still gets luxury brands after her. Why cant Janice?

ErFLm.gif

That's just plain foolishness. If Janet dropped a single solitary note every person on the face of the Earth would struggle to remember who Madonna was.

Maddona's demographic was buried with King Tut.

And Brand? Does the name Jackson mean nothing to you? She was born with a "brand" that will outlive every broken ingenue that has ever stumbled across the charts.

Rihanna has another year. Maddona's on life support. Gaga will be around FOREVER, but her "brand" will never supersede a campy niche. There's only two people who could compete on Janet's level and one of them is dead.

Have we discussed Pink's new single yet? It came out today on iTunes (1 week early).

I'm in the corner #shaking and #crying tbh. It's like her song So What, mixed with White Lies mixed with The Bravery.

Mau ®

ErFLm.gif

That's just plain foolishness. If Janet dropped a single solitary note every person on the face of the Earth would struggle to remember who Madonna was.

Maddona's demographic was buried with King Tut.

And Brand? Does the name Jackson mean nothing to you? She was born with a "brand" that will outlive every broken ingenue that has ever stumbled across the charts.

Rihanna has another year. Maddona's on life support. Gaga will be around FOREVER, but her "brand" will never supersede a campy niche. There's only two people who could compete on Janet's level and one of them is dead.

So if her brand is SO POWERFUL, how come no one has given a fuck about her singles or tours (which have now been downsized to smaller venues)?

Madonna sells out stadiums and at least her lead single did enter the top 10. Janice CANT. COULDNT. AND WONT.

Kyon

Banned
So if her brand is SO POWERFUL, how come no one has given a fuck about her singles or tours (which have now been downsized to smaller venues)?

Madonna sells out stadiums and at least her lead single did enter the top 10. Janice CANT. COULDNT. AND WONT.

I see no lies :/

Nevertheless Icicle is an EXCELLENT stan. He goes IN

buryingpmk6u.gif

Mumei

Icicle does a good job arguing Janet's current popularity given how little he has to work with, but I agree. No one else's faves has the ability anymore to sell stadiums the way Madonna can.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Oc4ug.jpg

Just own the night like the 4th of July

'Cause baby you're a firework
Come on, show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y

Baby, you're a firework
Come on, let your colours burst
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh"
You're gonna leave 'em all in "awe, awe, awe"

71% RT

fkgif1.gif

Mau ®

I never doubted the movie. It looked great from the beginning.

Crumpet, how do you feel that critics are loving Katy's movie? *.*

Koodo

Banned
No one else's faves has the ability anymore to sell stadiums the way Madonna can.
HMM?

The Born This Way Ball

Seoul

lE3fw.jpg

Bangkok

JfaAR.jpg

Copenhagen

i0nPS.jpg

Dublin

qZIgO.jpg

London

20120705-8c3uaw9d5unnt2f28t9sakwqa8.png

Paris

20120705-pr4pyr31b8j73ukynba64uy3d6.png

Johannesburg

20120705-mh5e76bj714sin5mxankx8dfnh.png

... to name A FEW; plus an expected stadium leg in South America (local promoters have practically confirmed this, but a press release is pending). The seething souls have remained silent about the Ball because it's been exceeding even the most optimistic expectations and, striking the jugular, is receiving universal praise (unlike the MDNA Tour). The Ball is en route to cross $300 million, a threshold that only six other acts have achieved in history, and no one has achieved four years into their career.

The incredible demand has now made it a possibility that Gaga might tour stadiums in North America, which Madonna has been unable to achieve (bar New York City).

TRULY, Lady Gagalupe stands as the only female (and person) with an actual chance at breaking U2's highest grossing tour record, as she continues establishing herself as a spectacular touring force across every continent. This latest "BENCHMARK TOUR" (to quote several journalists) might very well be the catapult that sends her to the EXOSPHERE to shatter EVERY RECORD.

Meanwhile, the lessers cry over their ejected lacefronts, and Born This Way is heard across the globe in two different tours.

iAJhThclHR6oa.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom