• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
coldvein said:
does not compute. okay, gaga's numbers, i get that. but the rest, i don't get it.
That you can't say Blink has enjoyed a 17 year-long career when they have been on hiatus since 2003 and were only relevant throughout 4 years of their career (period 1999-2003; 6 years if you want me to be generous and include 1997's Dude Ranch which had a peak charting position of #67).

Given their period of relevance, even lowly Rihanna seems to match or exceed them. If you want to argue intensity of relevance rather than length (via album sales), then the situation doesn't exactly improve.

I'm not arguing the quality of Blink (though I don't like them), but let's be real know: data ain't lying, these boys were a healthy success but never a phenomenon. Excluding perhaps Adele, everyone in the big boxes of the banner have left a larger footprint on the music industry than Blink.

That's the truth tea my dear.

6xpuv6.jpg

Koodo said:
I'm not arguing the quality of Blink (though I don't like them), but let's be real know: data ain't lying, these boys were a healthy success but never a phenomenon. Excluding perhaps Adele, everyone in the big boxes of the banner have left a larger footprint on the music industry than Blink.

That's the truth tea my dear.
Though I wish otherwise Janelle may disagree with you there hun.

G8bxK.gif

Koodo

Banned
Oh, I forgot Janelle was shoved in there. #oop

Nevermind, gerl is young and effortlessly slays the lessors in talent and swagger. Her success is only a matter of time.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Anyone listened to the new David Guetta album that came out on monday? Its pretty good.

Marius_ said:
Naturally, Who Says, So Sick of You, and Love You Like a Love Song are my faves

Also this album recently released, and after his One Love album and his latest single I must give it a listen

David-Guetta-Nothing-But-The-Beat.jpg

I have that album on spotify (LOVE this service) and there are a bunch of tracks i like so far.

Turn me on feat. Nicki Minaj
Without you feat. Usher
I can only imagine feat. Chris brown and lil wayne
Night of your life feat. Jennifer Hudson
Repeat feat. Jessie J.
Titanium feat. Sia

daffy

Banned
Crumpet Trumpet said:
I'm sure Koodo is already hard at work on that.
tumblr_lpiwkrgoH01qgheet
tumblr_lmaatoFTmp1qj0krzo1_500.gif

So, double platinum in UK, voice of a goddess, why do y'all not like her?

is it because of the girl power debut album? I mean I can admit it wasn't that good, well I enjoyed it but I understand that if you hated that. But who hasn't had a so so debut album before? I mean all humor is rooted in truth, can you guys just tell me whyyyyy she's so terrible.

I would love if she made an acoustic or cover album, this performance is one of my favs and its made a lot of my friends into believers.

FTH said:
So, double platinum in UK, voice of a goddess, why do y'all not like her?

is it because of the girl power debut album? I mean I can admit it wasn't that good, well I enjoyed it but I understand that if you hated that. But who hasn't had a so so debut album before? I mean all humor is rooted in truth, can you guys just tell me whyyyyy she's so terrible.
Everything about her just screams desperation, she always comes across as trying too hard in everything. In trying to be cool, in the persona she projects, in her personal style, her singing... Her voice isn't bad but it does become grating quickly. I adore her new single Domino, but that's thanks to the brilliance of Dr. Luke. It could have been even better if he had given it to one of his more palatable protégés.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
neojubei said:
Anyone listened to the new David Guetta album that came out on monday? Its pretty good.

I have that album on spotify (LOVE this service) and there are a bunch of tracks i like so far.

Turn me on feat. Nicki Minaj
Without you feat. Usher
I can only imagine feat. Chris brown and lil wayne
Night of your life feat. Jennifer Hudson
Repeat feat. Jessie J.
Titanium feat. Sia

I still havent gotten around to listen to it, will do this weekend

Also we need to discuss Miley, its been to long since she been missing from the chartz

Sai-kun said:
Whattt? Innocence is such a great track.
(re)Volta: Come for Declare Independence, stay for Dull Flame of Desire, leave before the rest of the album's mediocrity ruins your taste for her music.

Sad, especially as a follow-up to Medúlla, the most underrated album of hers since Debut.

hmGCv.gif

Sai-kun

Banned
SecretMoblin said:
(re)Volta: Come for Declare Independence, stay for Dull Flame of Desire, leave before the rest of the album's mediocrity ruins your taste for her music.

Sad, especially as a follow-up to Medúlla, the most underrated album of hers since Debut.

I bet you don't like Earth Intruders either, heathen.

:) :) :) @ gafpop

Koodo

Banned
Confessions:

I'm addicted to Selena Gomez's Love You Like A Love Song. ICANT, the dubstep chorus slays me.

The rest of the album seems like a flop though.

Koodo said:
Confessions:

I'm addicted to Selena Gomez's Love You Like A Love Song. ICANT, the dubstep chorus slays me.

The rest of the album seems like a flop though.
BANG BANG BANG I'M BREAKING IN

STEALING ALL MY LOVE BACK

GIVIN IT TO HIM

OHHHH WOAHHHH

Oozer3993

vferrel said:
Has there really been no plans for a new Timberlake album? His last album was fucking great, even though I'm not usually into this type of pop.

He was in the studio with Timbaland a couple weeks back. It might have been for Shock Value III though.

On a related note, Shock Value II is underrated. The production is so damn good.

daffy

Banned
Granger Danger said:
Everything about her just screams desperation, she always comes across as trying too hard in everything. In trying to be cool, in the persona she projects, in her personal style, her singing... Her voice isn't bad but it does become grating quickly. I adore her new single Domino, but that's thanks to the brilliance of Dr. Luke. It could have been even better if he had given it to one of his more palatable protégés.
I think I should respond to this, hopefully you will read when you return to GAF. :D

I don't see the desperation tbh, not anymore than other pop artists trying to debut in the US. If I disliked her for that I'd have to also dislike Lady Gaga & Utada Hikaru. Both had pretty mediocre US debuts with few highlights. I know Gaga is American though. Its funny you say you like Domino after citing desperation, imo its a cheshire, sounds like a Katy Perry bonus track.

Anyway, I went to listen to the Babyena Babymez song an--
tumblr_lnw4p36RxE1qigcsh.gif

Instead I'll post similar Disney music I like, like Miranda Cosgrove - About You Now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&gl=FR&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=y086l7jUogY&nomobile=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom