• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
So I was looking for new Spanish music and found out that the Latin Queen is trying it with English again

Boys Will Be Boys
Heat of The Night

Heat of the Night is just a masterpiece
i39J4VrDirWV0.gif

Mumei

The uploader would be an Xtincta stan.

Pretty sure that's a Madonna stan.

My favorite Christina stan is kaiyno (after Cynosure! I still love you!). People on Youtube generally go in on Christina, though. Comments section is vicious!

And I don't think the cold thing is right.

Mariah's highest non-cold notes were F#7s, so it's not exactly like she was light years away from the G#7 as is, and her belts frankly sounded worse than normal (you can hear the strain on parts like this, and she does that growl she does whenever she's going to have trouble actually going for the high note). Compare that last attempt (to go for an F#5) with this attempt, this one, or this one. She sounds far clearer and more powerful.

I think that there's perhaps something different about the production of crooning head voice / falsetto / whistle compared with belting that might make it so that those registers aren't as negatively affected by a cold as belting is or something. But every time I've seen Mariah performing with a cold, she's struggled with hitting her belts normally. And I'm pretty sure you'd want your vocal chords to be flexible, though; rigidity doesn't sound like a good thing; it sounds like something prone to causing more vocal damage (just due to the fact that vocal chords hit one another, if nothing else).

And besides all this, when I was reading that book a month or so ago about singing, the author specifically mentioned someone singing through a cold and ending up with nodules as a sort of cautionary tale about how easily one can get nodules; she said that while not everyone's voice is that sensitive, one can only need one bad experience like that to end up with nodules. This singer's nodules eventually went away, but she had to go on vocal rest for a time because of it.

My first favorite vocal moment belongs to "Can't Let Go". One my top 3 favorite Mariah songs and her best whistle register moment, in my book.

I know it is! One of her best. <3

(I remembered that you've mentioned this before.)

The best whistle is in the Soul Train performance, last one.

I don't know that it is her best moment, though; she has a lot of great whistles.

Also, as an ode to Mariah and nod to your fave, and a sincere token of my affection: this is undeniably amazing.

She was great on the highs, and *side eye* on the lows.

Mau ®

Marius, gurl, I have brewed this TEA just for you boo.

It may taste bitter at first, but after a while, you'll come to deal and even enjoy it.

tumblr_lpkpnbN7tM1qewmu6o1_500.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned

It may taste bitter at first, but after a while, you'll come to deal and even enjoy it.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpkpnbN7tM1qewmu6o1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm getting #1 teas from that article.

How many other pop stars could open at #1 on their first starring movie role?

Kyon

Banned
OMFG speaking of Perra, yesterday I went to see the Hunger Games with my family and they showed a trailer to I guess what is a Perra 3D movie.... This was me during the whole thing "FUCKING PERRA HOPE SHE FLOPS, WTF BITCH HAS NO STRUGGLES, BITCH ASS!" my 3 family members and 3 girls across the theatre staring dead ass at me. I cannot and will not lmfao

Kyon

Banned
Y'all gonna make me cry, Ashlee is superior to Jessica and will always be. End of story

Nevertheless they are both flaw free until Jessica released country music and theta when I lost all respect for her ass

Mau ®

HAS BEYONCE BEEN CARRYING AROUND A DOLL???

XwFPf.jpg

Sandra Rose said:
A loyal reader, who asked to remain anonymous, writes:

DO YOU REALLY THINK ALL THESE PEOPLE WOULD KEEP UP THE CHARADE OF HER REALLY CARRYING AROUND A DOLL? JUST A QUESTION.

What do you guys think? I’m going to say that the child Beyonce is holding in the left pic doesn’t look like the well-nourished baby/doll she’s been carrying around. These pics only add to the mystery.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rihannus WW album sales = 25 million

Jessica Simpson WW album sales = 30 million

Stay pressed.

ny-brushemoff.gif

I'm detecting lies. But anyway,

Rihanna #1 singles - 11
Jessica Simpson #1 singles - 0

Rihanna/Jessica #1 albums - 0

Jessica Simpson has been, and will always be a flop. Remain #pressed over Rihanna's reign, and prepare to remain bothered.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_

tumblr_lpkpnbN7tM1qewmu6o1_500.gif

iHKUTo73RyKMB.gif

....but since we are talking about movies let me pour some tea as well

A NOVEL written by the fired former editor of Australian Harper's Bazaar is to be turned into a film by the director of The September Issue.

Lee Tulloch's acclaimed 1989 book Fabulous Nobodies will be the next project for RJ Cutler, who, given the success of his last fashion film, looks set to have his hands on the new Devil Wears Prada.

The question of who will land the lead role of Reality Nirvana Tuttle, a fashion-obsessed door girl at a downtown nightclub in '80s Manhattan, has had the fashion industry abuzz.

The author said that while that choice will be left up to the filmmakers, there were several actresses she thought would be great.

"Lady Gaga, are you listening? She is SO how I imagined Reality to be," said Tulloch, whose other choices are Carey Mulligan, Blake Lively and Emma Stone.

"It's a tricky casting choice because she can't just be funny, she's got to be feisty and a bit mad," she continued.
http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2012/04/13/317841_style.html

Who gets called an actress before even making a movie, not your fave

Remain #pressed over Rihanna's reign, and prepare to remain bothered.
Rihannus, like Katy Perry, is a loud attention whore whose relevance is so insecure that she can't go a day without publicly making a damn fool of herself. Unlike Katy Perry, however, who can Walk That Walk with mega album sales and sustained chart success, Rihanna relies on flash-in-the-pan singles which are promptly erased from the memories of all those wretched souls who had the misfortune of bearing witness to her goat-like bleatings.

Her latest "reign" Flop That Flop barely reached half of the number of albums sold WW that Queeona managed with Echo, an album that was by all measures sent to die but which still effortlessly slayed.

rihsad.gif

Hold that shot, your pressed and bothered visage sustains me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom