• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The game you put most hours into

Lil Crypto

Neo Member
Definitely World of Warcraft but I don't know the total time spent because I don't remember any of the info for my first account.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Single player would probably be Fallout 4 or Medieval: Total War. Multiplayer would be one of the PES’ or Battlefield 2.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Final Fantasy XII for me.. and only because I really wanted to finish it. But wasn't worth it. I have terrible memories of grinding endlessly, but the story and characters didn't click for me. I'll never play a game for so long again..

astroglide

I lost the entire ps360 generation because of wow. Diablo 3 god of war ps4 are a few I think of. All the souls games. One that really surpised me was world of van helsing: deathtrap.

must be WoW at around 3500-4000 hours I guess...

a lot of it is around the first two years though, I had like 50 days /played in the beta... then my main character I think is around 80-90 days /played, but a lot of it came that first year and especially playing 24/7 that first summer when they added PvP Ranks/Battlegrounds (I grinded/raced to become Rank 14/High Warlord). played a lot through the Scepter of Ahn'Qiraj world event but by Naxx and Burning Crusade the style of WoW PvP made me begin to slow (and later switch to Warhammer Online beta). did come back to level through WLK but probably only added 50-100 hours. never really played it again.

second by now must be GTA 5... think it's up to a 1300 hours now. surprisingly, the split between SP and MP is actually about 30 days and 24 days /played ... just my go-to game every night to relax for an hour or two, and since the game has been out, what, 1500-1600ish days or so, it really is about one sub-hour session a night haha (on average though obviously I took breaks for a few other games)

other highest this gen is probably MGS V at around 500 hours and now GR Wildlands around 300 hours

highest on any game I guess.... Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre... around 1100-1400 hours in FFT, I genuinely don't remember but I have like 13 unique save files on my memory cards yet. TO is maybe 700-900. if I had to guess a third, maaaybe Shadowrun on SEGA? Syndicate Wars? i don't really know but I replay them every year for maybe 50-100 hours at a time, just repeating random missions and getting my megacorp fix.

on PC for SP, I think Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 2 are probably still the highest... but they're maybe like Tactics Ogres-level. don't think either went over 1000.

think on PC the second highest MMOs would be Dark Age of Camelot and Anarchy Online... think they got around 40 and 30 days /played respectively so still sub-1000 hours.

after those, it goes down pretty dramatically... I tend to play only a few games. since 2013 I've basically mostly just played GTA V/MGS V.... add in GR Wildlands and it's probably 90% of my time. maybe Witcher 3 or Tropico 5 would be 4th at, not sure, 200-300 hours. after that probably nothing over 50 hours. i skip a lot of AAA games like Uncharted, GOW, etc -- rather just play more GTA or MGS or old rpg/tactics games haha

Ecto311

Easily starcraft 2 - I played it daily since beta till a year ago. Probably over 4k hours into it. Only game I can see myself doing that with since it has such a high skill ceiling there is no beating it just other players and aiming for GM unless you are some magician like the greats. I used to be so into it that when they would do huge events like dreamhack or GSL finals I would take off work. I used to watch Day9 every day.

It all came from perfect timing in a bunch of things. I broke my left hand and had to have it pinned so I couldn't use it. I just got the game and thought well I am kinda stuck and unemployed so I might as well use it. I originally got the game for my wife to get the perks in WOW. So playing with one hand and watching some videos got me really interested plus it seemed like a forever game that I could get behind.

But about 2 years ago my kid started wanting to do stuff with me and getting older where it was fun so I dumped the game to play and interact with her. Plus what kind of shitty dad is screaming at games BM'ing nerds and not playing with their kid? I can't do that to her she deserves a lot better than that. So now we play roblox or minecraft together. But I have had her do some archon mode with me in the game and she kinda digs that. Hope starcraft 3 comes out soon so she can get her brain around it and make millions being the new up and coming TLO with wacky shit. TLO has been my favorite since I first seen him. He mined gold through a nydus worm once and all micro since it wouldn't auto mine back through the worm and I was blown away by the creative ideas he had since. Don't think he has ever won anything though.

Last edited:

Tarkus98

Most played is easily FFXI with over 4K hours. Such wonderful memories and friends that I still stay in touch with to this day. Don’t think I’ll ever feel a gaming experience like that one again.

-MD-

That's like 5 hours a day everyday in wow... That's crazy....

Those are rookie hours compared to other people lol, I played with some folks that easily had double if not triple that. People went hard on WoW.

And now that I'm thinkin about it I think I was over 6k actually.

Last edited:

Makariel

Probably World of Warcraft. I don't know how many hours but I was playing it quite a lot for about 3 years or so.

Single player game with most hours is either XCOM or Dark Souls. I don't know how many hours I put into the latter, XCOM is over 300 hours played on steam.

Halo0629

Counter strike. Been playing since 1998 up to this day. I've probably spent like 10 to 20k hours of my life on this game.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Those are rookie hours compared to other people lol, I played with some folks that easily had double if not triple that. People went hard on WoW.

And now that I'm thinkin about it I think I was over 6k actually.
One of my friends worked with a guy that pretended he had cancer so he could get off of work to play WoW. That game was something else.

I’ve never played it though, lol.

Droxcy

Socom II 2500hrs or maybe it was Cod 4 I think I had well over 3k.

Over 18,000 hours on Runescape.

Could have learnt 2 new languages with that time but nooooo.

I fell you man...I've been playing since 01' so yeah nevermind RS takes the cake too :LOL:

I find I usually put most of my time into RPG's, it took me 113 hrs to bring in the platinum trophy on FFXV. I know I put in atleast 100 hrs into Valkyria Chronicles, the last time I checked I'm about 70-80 hrs in on Breath of the Wild. Then theres just things I always play like Splatoon, easy to pick up and play for a few hrs especially during Splatfests.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Super Mario Bros. - I must have played this for a few hours every day for a year plus when I got my NES as a kid.
Morrowind - Just a time suck, but never even finished
Mechassualt - Countless hours of my life spent with this game while unemployed and marveling in the formative years of Xbox Live.
MWO (Mechwarrior Online) - Many hours and dollars were lost here.

MetalRain

Most likely oblivion, about 100 hours each in PC and PS3. I never did have special bond with MMOs or Online FPS games. Nowadays I don't really have time or persistance for single game.

IceManCat

Most recently Bloodborne I'm only about half way through and have already splashed 45 hours into it. This is mostly because I am a terrible player though. I believe the average play through is something like 40 hours.

Jae Mara

36 Days (866 hours) on League of Legends over 5 years. Thought this would actually be more...
31 Days (744 hours) on CoD MW2 multiplayer over the first year it was out. I wasn't employed much over that year. :D

Nothing else comes close.

Panda1

Banned
Dota2 - easily 2000 plus hours and I am shit
Football Manager - from Championship Manager to the change probably over 10,000 hours and probably the same for any person that plays that game

Last edited:

The Skull

Overwatch - close to 600 hours but back in my console days, Gears 2 & 3 multiplayer. Easily at least treble that of the time I have in Overwatch.

ILLtown

The first Titanfall, which I've put 1,766 hours into. I'd still play it if the player numbers weren't so low.

In second place would be Overwatch, which I've put 1,272 hours into and still play multiple times a week.

I've been gaming since the 70s, but this gen was the first one where I got heavily into online gaming, which massively increased the amount of time I'd spend with some individual titles.

BANGS

Banned
I want to say Super Mario Brothers or Sonic 2. I run through those games so often since I was a kid and those hours/minutes add up. I can't even begin to try and remember how much total time I've put into those...

Shenmue is probably next. It's only a 12-16 hour game, but I've played through it at least 30 times...

Next, or perhaps even tied with or exceeding Shenmue, would have to be Halo 2. Me and my brother played that shit so often almost nightly for like 2 years...

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
My most played game of all time is MGSV:TPP on PC. Over 530 hours.

But if you count MGSV as a whole on all platforms, I probably have over 1500 hours on that game.

Played GZ on my friend's PS4, then on my 360, then on PS3, then another 100 hours of it on PC. Then played TPP on pretty much all of those platforms and many more.

Game is my GOAT.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Somewhere between 12,000 and 20,000 hours in FFXI and FFXIV combined (going back to 2005)

About 700 hours in Rocket League

Single player probably Witcher 3, 220 hours at last check

142 hours in MGSV

andrespi

Morrowind (with expansions) or Baldurs gate (1-2 with trilogy mod) for sure. I'm not sure of the total hours.

morrowind I finished at least twice on the original xbox and roughly 6-7 times on pc (with various mods including quest mods which extended the playtime a lot). I must have reached a few thousand hours between all the times I have played the different versions (pc and xbox); just one playthrough I remember reaching well over 200 hours (nearly 300) in a single playthrough on pc.

For bg 1 + 2 (with expansions), I must have finished it at least 9-10 times between the originals and the enhanced version (some of these playthroughs with quest mods too).

Last edited:

KevinKeene

Banned
Not counting multiplayer games for obvious reasons: Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Over 250 hours. And major DLC is coming, so ...

MrFortyFive

PSO on the Gamecube probably holds my all-time record. Well over 1000 if I remember correctly. More recently would be The Binding of Isaac Rebirth. Currently sitting at 448. Still lots to do there so that'll probably take a hundred or two more.

Are you the fuckers raiding my FOBs and taking all my S ranks?
haha I don't do FOBs too much ;p and if I do I usually do the single-player ones HUD-less because for me their main appeal is their industrial appearance and fun verticality traversal

I'll usually just raid the Angola refinery or Zaire plantation for the gazzillionth time -- big reason why GR Widlands replaced a lot of my MGS V playing haha ... great industrial or economic/infrastructure locations to raid. the game is a roleplaying milsim nerd's dream.

Last edited:

Chozo_Lord

I don't have 1000's of hours on one or two games, but I have put 300+ on many games. I played over 300 hours of Final Fantasy Tactics advance when I was younger. I put like 500 each into COD4 and MW2. I put about 500 into ME3 multiplayer. 580 into BF4. I'm not sure of the number but I've been playing a ton of gwent over the past year. I almost maxed out all of the cards while being completely free-to-play. I wasn't into BF1 because of Titanfall 2 and other single player games, but I wouldn't be surprised if I will put 500+ into BFV.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Not counting multiplayer games for obvious reasons: Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Over 250 hours. And major DLC is coming, so ...
I put 380 hours by doing new game plus plathrough and doing the challenge mode. But god damn some of those fights are absolutely brutal.

Top Bottom