• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTA: Vice City R/C Helicopter Mission...Worst Ever?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The helicopter mission on Vice City was easy, seriously I finished it in two tries on my iPad with touch screen controls.

The RC Plane mission on San Andreas was way harder, and if you said it was easy please do not talk unless you played the launch PS2 version. The launch PS2 version had a glitch where your fuel depleted even if you were gliding, meaning you had to complete the entire mission in under 5 minutes. This was patched in the Xbox, PC, and GOTY PS2 editions.

I did beat it on the launch PS2 version, but it was by far the most frustrating GTA mission I have played.

You suck, I did it in one :D

That San Andreas one was a total bitch though, took me at least three goes.

daviyoung

Banned
I quit GTAIV on Four Leaf Clover, I know I'm lame = / Still stuck on it to this day. I can make it out of the bank, through the alley, through the subway, then when I get to the driving it all comes apart.

Closest I ever got was after coming out of the subway I escaped the police search radius, after switching cars three or four times due to damage. Got detected again after I got the cop badges to start flashing then got exploded while trying to switch vehicles again when I got stuck on a fire hydrant. It's been over 2 years since that attempt.

Weird. That mission, especially the escape from the bank and through the tunnels, is scripted to hell. After a few playthroughs it becomes really predictable. The car run is probably the toughest part but I don't remember having too much of a problem with it.

*beep beep*

I quit GTAIV on Four Leaf Clover, I know I'm lame = / Still stuck on it to this day. I can make it out of the bank, through the alley, through the subway, then when I get to the driving it all comes apart.

Closest I ever got was after coming out of the subway I escaped the police search radius, after switching cars three or four times due to damage. Got detected again after I got the cop badges to start flashing then got exploded while trying to switch vehicles again when I got stuck on a fire hydrant. It's been over 2 years since that attempt.

Less shooting, more running. It's the best mission in the entire game.

EDIT: Oh driving! Yeah, that section was a bitch. Find a straight road to drive on (Broadway Rd/St, I presume?).

I just finished the RC 'copter mission on the iPad a couple of days ago. It was definitely hard, but I finished it on my third try (I think). The camera angle is definitely an issue, but I found that if you spin the chopper and then fly it forward the camera adjust quickly - you just need to know where you're going. So if it's the stairs, you know you have space to run it out, so just spin, and hammer it forward. There are stairs so you have room to move before the camera spins around.

Hard, but not impossible.

Top Bottom