• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The High-end VR Discussion Thread (HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Playstation VR)

Onemic

All day... for two days :p

But I saw April three times today during the day, missed the first two because I was in a work meeting and then toilet, lol.

ugh, do this and just go with an SLI 980Ti or keep my late May ship date and go with SLI Pascal....hmmmm

Exuro

Holy crap it worked!!!!

email says shipping in april 2016!
BcqQ6Xr.png

With my luck it'll be the last week of april :p

kinggroin

Banned
Wait I ordered two weeks ago. Set for May shipping.

Are you telling me my order is moved up to April? Or is it simply giving the spot of a canceled April order to someone else?

I'd be pissed if brand new orders get slotted ahead without cancelations being the cause.

Wait now, I haven't been keeping up. Vive orders being made today are being given an April estimate? I haven't been thinking much about the Vive since my 2/29 order isn't scheduled until May.

Zalusithix

Wait now, I haven't been keeping up. Vive orders being made today are being given an April estimate? I haven't been thinking much about the Vive since my 2/29 order isn't scheduled until May.

It's a bug in their system (or more likely, DR's) where you can claim canceled slots if you're lucky. No clue whether they'll actually honor the April date in those cases though.

It's still supposed to be May. There are some shenanigans going on where you might be able to grab an April order. No one knows why though the prevailing theory is that enough cancelled orders (a lot of which might be due to credit card holds) are happening that the site will briefly give you an April estimate. No guarantee that that date will stick though one poster claims they were charged within 10 minutes of placing the order.

Zalusithix

It's still supposed to be May. There are some shenanigans going on where you might be able to grab an April order. No one knows why though the prevailing theory is that enough cancelled orders (a lot of which might be due to credit card holds) are happening that the site will briefly give you an April estimate. No guarantee that that date will stick though one poster claims they were charged within 10 minutes of placing the order.

Was it ever confirmed that was a real charge, or just a temp hold that falls off?

I see. I can't imagine that reflects reality. Maybe some weird caching issue.
It's not a front page caching issue because the email confirmation and web order look ups reflect the April estimate as well for the people that do it. (Most at least)

Was it ever confirmed that was a real charge, or just a temp hold that falls off?

It's not a front page caching issue because the email confirmation and web order look ups reflect the April estimate as well for the people that do it. (Most at least)

No clue. I'm trying to find the post now. Either way, I don't think it's the norm considering multiple people have been able to get the April order (including myself) and haven't reported the same.

ToD_

I placed my Vive order last week and my confirmation indicates a May shipping date. Should I cancel and attempt again?

Not sure how I feel about this situation. Glad for people who get their April orders even though they just placed it, but not really fair those who weren't aware of this trick.

I placed my Vive order last week and my confirmation indicates a May shipping date. Should I cancel and attempt again?

Not sure how I feel about this situation. Glad for people who get their April orders even though they just placed it, but not really fair those who weren't aware of this trick.

I'd say it's a gamble either way. There's no confirmation the date will be honored and you may still get your Vive a week before I do with your current order. The only reason I bothered is because I placed my original order last night so I don't have much to lose either way.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Why does the rift need a USB 3 port for the headset? vive uses USB 2 and that should be enough for rotational data being sent to the PC?

Also, any guesses when eve Valkyrie might come to vive?

Man. That splitting of a community is bad.

Regarding Project Cars: You cant play with people using the Oculus Home version when you have the Steam Version and vice versa:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...1-Discussion&p=1260029&viewfull=1#post1260029

What Project cars uses for multiplayer in the Steam version? Steamworks? That would explain it. You also can't have steam players with steamworks playing against people who bought the game in gog or in Origin, for example. It isn't related to the hmds.

eidt: yeah it uses steamworks

Oculus strikes again.

I love how Valve provides a sdk that is only usable for their store, Steam (kind of like the sdk of Oculus is only for the Rift), which provokes conflicts with other versions of the game sold in other stores (and that way promote only using their own store for distribution), and the blame is in the other stores. And I thought the Apple fans were brainwashed...

Sky Chief

Just got my shipping confirmation for my Vive, so excited! I got my purchase confirmation 6 minutes after the hour and the expected arrival day is Wednesday to Northern California.

What Project cars uses for multiplayer in the Steam version? Steamworks? That would explain it. You also can't have steam players with steamworks playing against people who bought the game in gog or in Origin, for example. It isn't related to the hmds.

eidt: yeah it uses steamworks

Yeah. That sucks though. I mean right now buying games on Steam is far better than Oculus Home.

I mean the downsides of buying the same game on Steam or Home:

-Some are just the "VR-versions", so you cant even play it on the desktop if you dont start the normal *.exe of the game.
-No cloud saves.
-No refunds.
-No global achievements.
-No chatting with friends in the Home desktop mode.
-No big choice regarding the payment (seems they dont even accept PayPal).
-Can only install on C:\ (for now)

As a storefront even uPlay and Origin are doing a better job.

Top Bottom