• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Humble Indie Bundle 3 is now live! [Now Can Include Bundle 2]

Jasoco

Banned
I hope next years includes Limbo and Super Meat Boy. But then again I don't because I want to buy those games now. So no, don't include those games. But do. Oh, I dunno. Whatever.

dani_dc

I posted it on the steam thread but I might as well post it here.
I recommend people starting off Atom Zombie Smasher to start off to go to the main menu and start off a new game with modifiers "choosers" and perhaps "party wagon" (game starts you a game with no modifiers the first time you boot it). The game is too unbalanced for the Zed with random mercs (though this modifiers might make the game a bit too repetitive).

Bentendo

TheFightingFish said:
When you have already redeemed the Steam code and new games are added to the bundle do they just automatically get added to your Steam account?

Atom Smasher hasn't been added yet. I'm expecting it will shortly though.

EDIT: Scratch that, it's there now. Just restart Steam.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
TheFightingFish said:
When you have already redeemed the Steam code and new games are added to the bundle do they just automatically get added to your Steam account?
Just like with Steel Batallion, yes. Just close and restart Steam and it should be there (it's already on mine)

Baha

Atom Zombie Smasher is awesome, I picked it up during the summer sale. You guys are in for a treat. If the game isn't in your library, try restarting steam.

Fl1pp13

Neo Member
drizzle said:
The Humble Bundle #3: The Bundle that keeps on bundling!

Edit: Holy shit, it's a 9,99 game that I ALMOST bought on the Summer Sale. This shit is bananas.

That's so cool! It keeps on growing and growing:)

Petrie

Banned
So, what do people "do" in Minecraft? I've walked around killing a few cows and pigs, but thus far this game doesn't seem suited to me. Glad it was free to try I suppose!

Petrie said:
So, what do people "do" in Minecraft? I've walked around killing a few cows and pigs, but thus far this game doesn't seem suited to me. Glad it was free to try I suppose!

Build. And defend yourself at night.

Jasoco said:
I hope next years includes Limbo and Super Meat Boy. But then again I don't because I want to buy those games now. So no, don't include those games. But do. Oh, I dunno. Whatever.

Maybe we get some Developers Indie Bundle (like the Frozenbyte one) befor we get Humble Indie Bundle 4

Would be awesome

Red

Petrie said:
Anything

webrunner

Petrie said:

Mine.

and Craft.

Jasoco

Banned
Petrie said:
Watch some videos on YouTube. Then you will know the magic of Minecraft.

Off the top of my head...
The Aether: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86kXJ73q3q0

Middle Earth (All of it): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhksNvUwaRc

Early 20th Century Penn Station: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxPsrOmm4mQ

And so on...

Davedough

I pulled the trigger on this, donated big and got both bundles. What a fantastic little idea. I had no idea this thing even existed. Now I can finally play Braid... something I've been meaning to pick up for a while. Also curious about VVVVVV

Salaadin

Crayon Physics is cool. I played around in it for a little bit yesterday and loved what I did. I cant wait to sink more time in this weekend.

Petrie

Banned
A Human Becoming said:
I wish I could share some of the games I already own to people.
Umm, you can? If its a second copy I see no harm in sharing your download link. Just because they can't have the Steam copy doesn't mean you can't use the extra.

Gvaz

Banned
Cool, Zombie atom smasher looked "neat" but not $10 neat. Glad I got it for free cause that's about what I'd pay.

Utako

Banned
I passed on Bundle 2 when it came out (because I already owned Braid/Machinarium), but they have now made it impossible for me NOT to purchase. :D

Here was my payment breakdown:

Bundle 3 Devs: 50%
Bundle 2 Devs: 25%
Child's Play: 10%
EFF: 10%
Humble Inc: 5%

The innovation in this payment model cannot be understated. It is the best thing to happen in all of economy. Makes sense that the indie gaming industry invented it.

Utako said:
The innovation in this payment model cannot be understated. It is the best thing to happen in all of economy. Makes sense that the indie gaming industry invented it.

Yeah it's a brilliant system and can actually make you pay more than what you decide to since you can split it up into many categories for your satisfaction.

I bought this twice. First time, I paid with the default split. Second time, I paid a little more and in return increased the percentage of devs of Bundle # 2 for they are being awesome for providing that.

So, errr, if I've already paid I can't get any of these games? Or if I do want them I have to pay again?

I don't feel ripped off (I paid $5 for 5 games), but I certainly will be waiting for a few days before the bundle ends next time around.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
CoffeeJanitor said:
So, errr, if I've already paid I can't get any of these games? Or if I do want them I have to pay again?

I don't feel ripped off (I paid $5 for 5 games), but I certainly will be waiting for a few days before the bundle ends next time around.
Did you try reading the email they sent you?

Enco

Just got it. Amazon payment rocks.

I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before playing the games but it should be good. Haven't played any apart from Osmos and the Braid demo. Should be good.

Love everything about the pricing strategy and whole style.

cjelly said:
Did you try reading the email they sent you?
Haven't checked my email, sorry.

One second.

EDIT: didn't get a new email from them but I checked the download page and a the others were added! Awesome!

So It seems that Crayon Physics Deluxe and Cortex Command don't show up when I redeem all my codes on Steam-is this correct?

Also, it seems Hammerfight is Windows only when redeemed via Steam.

MooMoo

AbsoluteZero said:
So It seems that Crayon Physics Deluxe and Cortex Command don't show up when I redeem all my codes on Steam-is this correct?

Also, it seems Hammerfight is Windows only when redeemed via Steam.
Crayon Physics Deluxe should pop up. Out of all the HIBs, I think Cortex Command is the only game that isn't steamworks.

Truespeed

So it looks like they're adding a new game once a milestone is reached. I wonder what game they'll add once they reach 2 million. Looks like they're on track.

Petrie

Banned
Truespeed said:
So it looks like they're adding a new game once a milestone is reached. I wonder what game they'll add once they reach 2 million. Looks like they're on track.

I'm still hoping it's HIB #1. I still hate that I missed out.

Truespeed

Petrie said:
I'm still hoping it's HIB #1. I still hate that I missed out.

That would be a 3DS slap in the face to the people that previously purchased HB1 and HB2 already. I'm hoping for SMB.

Petrie

Banned
Truespeed said:
That would be a 3DS slap in the face to the people that previously purchased HB1 and HB2 already. I'm hoping for SMB.

It's a Bundle for charity, you didn't "purchase" anything, so it isn't a slap in the face in any way. To compare that to the 3DS situation is just silly.

Truespeed

Petrie said:
It's a Bundle for charity, you didn't "purchase" anything, so it isn't a slap in the face in any way. To compare that to the 3DS situation is just silly.

Taking that seriously was even sillier.

Petrie

Banned
Truespeed said:
Taking that seriously was even sillier.

This is GAF, you can't blame me for thinking someone would seriously say that!

Have you seen some of the crap people on here believe?!

Also, I hope it ends up being SMB for you now, even if I want HIB #1.

Helmholtz

Jasoco said:
They're so worth it man.

inky

As I already had HIB 2, here's a code up for grabs:

Disclaimer: should you grab it, shame on you! You should've bought HIB 3 by now

Jzero

Anyone want the DESURA codes for HB 2 or 3? the Free to aa good home thread doesnt seem intetested.

Oli said:
I want to boost my donation. Do I put in what I want to add? Or the new total?
It sounds like you've already figured the first part out, but just to be safe, click on the link that leads to the download page in the e-mail they sent you and near the top of the page, there should be a link that says "Like what we're doing? Click here to increase your order amount!" Click that and put in the amount you want to add to your total, and you'll be good.

Chesskid1

Banned
Truespeed said:

where did you read this? didn't see it on twitter.

and do you guys think it will hit 2 million? things slowed way way down.

LQX

Diprosalic said:
do you get codes to redeem on steam for every game or how does it work?
You get a single code for all the games, you can however download them individually without Steam.

Top Bottom