• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Hunger Games - Full-Length Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

This is an American movie, violence is not an issue.

But show one nipple and you are in for a world of hurt.

If this were true, we'd have an entire string of direct-to-video Battle Royale remakes by this point.

Kids/teenagers and violence is still kind of a taboo here.

And honestly I'm curious how much of the third book is actually going to make it to screen unscathed--not just the violence, but a lot of the concepts it deals with are... kind of not what you'd expect from the first book/movie.

So damned hyped for this... debating paying $$ to go to a fancy local iPic theater and see it in comfort opening weekend. Better not suck.

Koodo

Banned
This is an American movie, violence is not an issue.

But show one nipple and you are in for a world of hurt.
I would agree that the concept of violence is not an issue, but there's a marked difference between how PG-13 and R portray violence. PG-13 mostly alludes to violence or masks the full extent of the damage caused by a violent act. An R movie shows most everything in graphic detail.

An example would be: the PG-13 "The Dark Knight" alluded to the Joker cutting someone's cheeks. An R rated movie would've shown the Joker cutting that person's cheeks.

There is a lot of carnage towards the end of Mockingjay that will have to be swept under a quick cut, which is a bit disappointing considering the book took its time explaining the details of the carnage. I felt a little bit sick reading those parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom