• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The last few days is rough for us Playstation fans

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Calm yourself. Demon's Souls is coming out Day 1 on PS5. The fucking gold standard is coming out this year. I'm sure you can save up for an XBSS in a few years when Bethesda releases their next non PS5 game.

As someone who has a PS5 pre-ordered, you're making a show of me and what's worse, you're making a show of Mammy.

I think it's been rough for PlayStation fans in other countries as well, not just the us.

Worldwide anti-consumer policies will do that. Look at Spiderman.

I think it's been rough for PlayStation fans in other countries as well, not just the us.

Worldwide anti-consumer policies will do that. Look at Spiderman.

It still depends on how BC works for Spider-man. If it boost the resolution and fps on its own without being a remaster, I think that will save Insomniac's ass. If the remastered version shows a true leap in graphics then the next logical step is for them to offer an upgrade for $10.

At this point if you post on these forums it is safe to assume you like games. If you like games and made it a point to be on a video game forum full of hardcore fanatics such as yourself it is safe to assume you have more than one console or way to play games. MS made a great acquisition that is awesome. Sony has great first party output that is awesome. Nintendo just released a set of games in emulation that I paid $60 plus tax and I am still smiling.

This console war/fanboyshit is really getting old.

Except Stadia fans. You are all dirty vampires that need to die in a fire.

VAVA Mk2

I mean...you get what im saying..

Juat looking at the headlines is shocking already...

Microsoft have Bethesda in the bag now...

You have to admit..that is a huge acquitition...

And they re still doing more acquitition...

And next are..posibly SEGA?

Whats next after this? EA? Ubisoft? Capcom? Rockstar?..or posibly...Sony itself?

Looking at Microsoft deep money..it is entirely posible...

Does Microsoft endgame is to deprived Sony and Nintendo of third party support ?

That force them have to have to rely solely on their first party title as their only game?

tbh..that reality is scary for us playstation and nintendo fans...

We are not ready for this...that sony and nintendo are powerless to outbid microsoft on purchasing third party publishers..

Now me..on behalf of playstation gamers...are asking microsoft...please dont do this...

In the name of fairness and equality...you have to treat everyone on equal footing....

wmUvOVp.jpg

Over n out
Sony fans here sure as hell were not sad after Craig...

If MS buys Sega then I would agree with you, at this moment nothing has changed for me as a gamer with my particular taste.
However if the next Virtua Fighter is exclusive to the Xbox then... damn, that is rough. :)

spectyre

I am a Playstation fan. When I read about the Zeni-max acquisition, my gut reaction was "Yes! Now we have a game!" Whats the point of "winning" if there's no competition? As far as the recent troll posts on Gaf... just sit back and enjoy. It's like watching Monty Python's
gJyundn.gif

Twit Olympics.

LOL, this is some hilarious shit. As a Playstation fan this week has been awesome. I got my PS5 Preorder and I'm happy MS is finally competing, it means Sony will work harder for our money.

Sony can survive on their first party and brand name alone, they are huge in that regard and while MS has done a lot to recover they are still far from eclipsing the Playstation brand worldwide. Also, the fact that I own a gaming PC means that even if MS decides to keep their games away from PS5 I can still play them on my PC. You need to step away from the keyboard and go find something better to do with your life OP. Console wars isn't life.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I mean...you get what im saying..

Juat looking at the headlines is shocking already...

Microsoft have Bethesda in the bag now...

You have to admit..that is a huge acquitition...

And they re still doing more acquitition...

And next are..posibly SEGA?

Whats next after this? EA? Ubisoft? Capcom? Rockstar?..or posibly...Sony itself?

Looking at Microsoft deep money..it is entirely posible...

Does Microsoft endgame is to deprived Sony and Nintendo of third party support ?

That force them have to have to rely solely on their first party title as their only game?

tbh..that reality is scary for us playstation and nintendo fans...

We are not ready for this...that sony and nintendo are powerless to outbid microsoft on purchasing third party publishers..

Now me..on behalf of playstation gamers...are asking microsoft...please dont do this...

In the name of fairness and equality...you have to treat everyone on equal footing....

wmUvOVp.jpg

Over n out
In your worst case scenario, Microsoft will have gta, red dead, cyberpunk, witcher, Skyrim, ass creed and cod. You will have to play them on the most powerful console this gen and pay the same price you paid for your ps5 physical edition.

That doesn't sound that bad tbh.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
OP... one day you’ll look back and wonder why you cared so much about something so utterly inconsequential.

...or they’ll have tapioca on the asylum menu, and you won’t.

iJudged

Banned
It's ok. If you can afford a Ps5 you can afford a $299 box that will allow you to enjoy all these games.

SonyGaf, calm the fuck down.

I wouldn't count on it.
LOL, what do you base your assumption on? Playstation brand is strong as hell in Europe and Asia, it's why they came back in the PS3 era and overtook 360 despite fucking up badly with the PS3. There are regions in the world where Xbox isn't even sold.

As for their first party being loved, this gen is proof alone that their first party studios are world class, their sales and accolades alone prove this.

LOL, what do you base your assumption on? Playstation brand is strong as hell in Europe and Asia, it's why they came back in the PS3 era and overtook 360 despite fucking up badly with the PS3. There are regions in the world where Xbox isn't even sold.

As for their first party being loved, this gen is proof alone that their first party studios are world class, their sales and accolades alone prove this.

I've already went over this many times. Sony exclusive sales are not as strong as GAF makes them out to be. They don't even crack the top ten. And they certainly don't sell at full price for very long.

This is a volatile industry where things can change easily. There is no reason to assume that Playstation is some ironclad force that can't be reckoned with. The rise of Game Pass could easily put them in a precarious financial situation.

Lone Wolf

When are you people going to learn your lesson? How many times do you have to be humiliated after gloating? The XBOx may well sell more and end up getting the best games ... who know, but for fuck's sake, stop doing this every generation because chances are, Sony fans will have the last laugh (and it won't take long).
Who are you talking to?

I've already went over this many times. Sony exclusive sales are not as strong as GAF makes them out to be. They don't even crack the top ten. And they certainly don't sell at full price for very long.

This is a volatile industry where things can change easily. There is no reason to assume that Playstation is some ironclad force that can't be reckoned with. The rise of Game Pass could easily put them in a precarious financial situation.
Well you're wrong. Uncharted 4 has sold about 16 million, TLOU sold 20 million across, HZD has sold over 10 million on PS4 alone, Spiderman sold over 13 million, TLOU 2 sold over 4 million in 3 days, GOW sold over 10 million as of May 2019, and Ghost of Tsushima 2.4 million in 3 days.

These numbers would be highly impressive if they were just multiplat sales but they are sales on one platform and they are still so high, they are strong sales whether you agree or not. It's not a SONYGAF thing, it's a fact that Sony's 1st party games have performed extremely well this gen.

Last edited:
Well you're wrong. Uncharted 4 has sold about 16 million, TLOU sold 20 million across , HZD has sold over 10 million on PS4 alone, Spiderman sold over 13 million, TLOU 2 sold over 4 million in 3 days, GOW sold over 10 million as of May 2019, and Ghost of Tsushima 2.4 million in 3 days.

These numbers would be highly impressive if they were just multiplat sales but they are sales on one platform and they are still so high, they are strong sales whether you agree or not. It's not a SONYGAF thing, it's a fact that Sony's 1st party games have performed extremely well this gen.

Ok man, nothing to be concerned about then.

chasimus

Yeah, no offence my friend, but this is stupid. PlayStation still has way more going for it than Xbox right now. Gobbling a bunch of has-been studios is not threatening in the least. Especially when Sony can just hire more developers and expand its teams to create brand new IPs, this is a non-issue.

Fuck sake, PlayStation will be fine, it will have great games as will other platforms. Enjoy mate.

I swear some are more bothered about getting one over on people who in reality couldn’t actually care less than , playing the games themselves.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I hope MS buy Ubisoft next, their product actually interests me even less than Zenimax! And that's impressive.

Eric187

Banned
Well what did you expect with Sony pushing these timed exclusives? It was only a matter of time before the sleeping giant that is Microsoft was awoken! Play with the bull sometimes you get the horns!

semicool

Banned
Calm yourself. Demon's Souls is coming out Day 1 on PS5. The fucking gold standard is coming out this year. I'm sure you can save up for an XBSS in a few years when Bethesda releases their next non PS5 game.

As someone who has a PS5 pre-ordered, you're making a show of me and what's worse, you're making a show of Mammy.
I've already played and beat Demons Souls, like 7 years ago.

Last edited:

Eevee86

You'll be fine. Let me know when you have to put up with "Playstation should go third party!" for five years.

Pallas

Wasn’t there a thread saying Xbox fans are being unbearable? Maybe threads like this is why. I mean cmon .... fucking hell.

Arachnid

I will never understand people fanboying for a conglomerate that doesn't care about them. Why are people so invested in justifying their preference in console? Is it just a "I'm right and the other guys are stupid!" pat-on-the-back type thing?

If Xbox does better this next gen, just switch to Xbox. Better yet, get both and be in the best position to play exclusives on both consoles. I think I've switched my main console every gen so far (though I always eventually own both).

EDIT: The dude above me gets it.

Last edited:

semicool

Banned
Seriously, though buy both or one of the consoles whichever you prefer, and enjoy the games you get to play because there will be 100s of great games on each of the systems..#firstworldproblems

Last edited:
Top Bottom