• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The last few days is rough for us Playstation fans

SNG32

Rough for who? I could give fuck about a Bethesda. I don't have a single game from that developer. I think it's a good fit for Microsoft though. But Sega ain't going to Xbox. A Japanese developer like them would be dumb as shit to be exclusive to an American company that doesn't sell shit in there homeland. Your being dramatic OP.

Last edited:
It's not rough for me, it's going to be years before they release a game that I want to play anyway and by then the Series X will be cheaper and hopefully Fable 4 will be out and I was planning on picking one up for that anyway. I think MS buying Bethesda sucks, I don't like consolidation of publishers into platform holders because it doesn't really fix anything, Xbox fans aren't getting anything they wouldn't have already gotten anyway this just takes games away from PlayStation owners who can't afford a 2nd console or don't want one.

Greeno

It's not rough for me, it's going to be years before they release a game that I want to play anyway and by then the Series X will be cheaper and hopefully Fable 4 will be out and I was planning on picking one up for that anyway. I think MS buying Bethesda sucks, I don't like consolidation of publishers into platform holders because it doesn't really fix anything, Xbox fans aren't getting anything they wouldn't have already gotten anyway this just takes games away from PlayStation owners who can't afford a 2nd console or don't want one.
Actually, Xbox fans are getting Zenimax games day 1 on GamePass without the worry of these games leaving the service.

nordique

I’m a PlayStation fan. nothing has been rough for me. I love me my Nintendo, my XBox and my PlayStation

oh you meant some prepubescent PlayStation console warriors

dont worry op, when they grow up they’ll understand there is more to the world and to life than fanboy frolicking

Last edited:

Yoboman

Elder Scrolls, Doom, Wolfenstein, and Fallout will one day become as synonymous with the Xbox brand as Halo, Fable, Gears, and Forza are.

Then you have Rare, Obsidian, Double Fine, Ninja Theory, off doing their own thing as well.

It's a rock solid lineup, to be perfectly honest.
Well Elder Scrolls and Fallout are already synonymous with bugs, glitches, being outdated, bad gameplay. Might as well throw Xbox in the mix as well

Kerotan

I'd say there's more chance of Sony financing a deal for Take Two, Capcom or Konami then there is MS buying another one.

I personally prefer if Sony and MS wouldn't buy out 3rd party publishers but that's the reality when one major player can't keep up without spending billions.

How much of a blow? Depends how many of their games Sony miss out on. For now though their next 2 games are ps5 exclusive. I've bought wolfenstein, dishonored and doom for around $10 per title in the past and have to say I enjoyed them. So if I don't get any more of that trio it's a blow for sure but there's so many games to play on playstation I'll be fine.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Now Sony fans are literally making threads begging Phillip Chadwick Spencer for mercy! 😂
I just think its not fair to take away third party publishers like this

Company as big as bethesda should stays multiplatform

Last edited:

Clarissa

Banned
My friend who is a Nintendo fanboy who hates Sony is laughing at all Sony fanboys around the world.

Microsoft is putting their games on Switch (Ori) because they are allies. Microsoft will work together with Nintendo to DESTROY SONY and he's looking forward to see more Sony fanboys cry salty tears.
They can't wait for MS to finally buy Sega so they can play Persona on Switch!!

Red - My friend
Purple - My friend's friend who is also a Nintendo Fanboy who hates Sony. (he says Fuck Sony in the chat)

hxXnsbM.png

X81pfYI.png

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
My friend who is a Nintendo fanboy who hates Sony is laughing at all Sony fanboys around the world.

Microsoft is putting their games on Switch (Ori) because they are allies. Microsoft will work together with Nintendo to DESTROY SONY and he's looking forward to see more Sony fanboys cry salty tears.
They can't wait for MS to finally buy Sega so they can play Persona on Switch!!

Red - My friend
Purple - My friend's friend who is also a Nintendo Fanboy who hates Sony. (he says Fuck Sony in the chat)

hxXnsbM.png

X81pfYI.png
Wow, your friend is so evil. lol :messenger_beaming:

Literally Belzebub in disguise. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

reinking

Gold Member
Why is everyone acting like Sony shutdown their studios and is no longer going to continue to build on their brand? This was a great get for Xbox but it does very little in the way of Sony's strategy.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Apart from actual day and date game releases since Sony have been going around buying up 12+ months timed exclusives, including 2 from Bethesda, so yes, Xbox fans are getting something out of this.

Calm yourself. Demon's Souls is coming out Day 1 on PS5. The fucking gold standard is coming out this year. I'm sure you can save up for an XBSS in a few years when Bethesda releases their next non PS5 game.
Lol ah yes, PS3 game Demon's Souls is the gold standard for PS5. Low standards.

Last edited:

Neolombax

I enjoy the back and forth of console wars. Its fun banter. At the end of the day, if Microsoft clearly has an advantage in terms of games next gen, guess what, I'll buy an XSX too!

A.Romero

This is so funny. I feel like if I'm in the Gamefaqs forums back in 2006.

Reading fanboy discussions is a guilty pleasure of mine but some of these reactions definitely take it to a new non sensical levels.

OP: everything is going to be OK. Even if Sony dropped the PS brand tomorrow, everything would still be OK. Gaming isn't going anywhere, we will have many games for the years to come. Doesn't matter who make them or where.

Even people who prefers different products should be able to have fun. Be happy for everyone having a good time.

Let.Go.

AphexTwunt

No need to be concerned, there's always the sony safe space to retreat to if you're feeling rustled....

The speculation circlejerk thread is that way --->

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
At the moment Xbox fans are doing the whole Disney Marvel fan thing after they purchased FOX.
"Oh they gonna purchase everyone, Sony is next"
And we know what happened when they stepped into Sony HQ throwing their weight around
Sony was like.
yeah-im-gonna-go-ahead-and-say-no.jpg

HTK

Banned
Some of you are just way too emotional. I'm a PlayStation fan I haven't noticed things being bleak.

I'm still a fan, in fact I'm glad Microsoft is making moves. Hopefully it'll keep a fire lit under PlayStation to keep doing their thing.

I would like to be in a space where I'm trying to sell myself an Xbox Series X because of the killer new IP Microsoft is introducing.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Lol ah yes, PS3 game Demon's Souls is the gold standard for PS5. Low standards.
Your statement shows you never played the original. No one who has would dismiss the quality of the game so easily.

Let's talk about the Xbox gold standard, Halo. 5 years and $500m+ so far wasted on a meme. In addition, it took years for the Master Chief Collection is resemble anything of the quality of the originals. From what I've seen regarding the Demon's Souls remake, I doubt Bluepoint will be spending years bringing the game up to a playable quality like Stinkles and Bonnie Ross had to with MCC. Halo would have been better off being locked in a vault when Bungie left.

Not every publisher wants to sell up lol. PS5 will have a decent amount of games i'm sure so nothing to worry about...just remember to dust your ps5 is down while you wait 6 months for the next sony exclusive 😬😉

Top Bottom