• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The last few days is rough for us Playstation fans

Blue Spring

Read my tears about xbox here --->
Its has been pretty bleak. Sony should put out a PR statement like "We know the news inst good or happy but we can assure you we're not sitting around idly by and are working with our partners around the world..." or something to that effect. The radio silence has been a bad look for awhile but now it is deafening.
What nonsense.

I mean...you get what im saying..

Juat looking at the headlines is shocking already...

Microsoft have Bethesda in the bag now...

You have to admit..that is a huge acquitition...

And they re still doing more acquitition...

And next are..posibly SEGA?

Whats next after this? EA? Ubisoft? Capcom? Rockstar?..or posibly...Sony itself?

Looking at Microsoft deep money..it is entirely posible...

Does Microsoft endgame is to deprived Sony and Nintendo of third party support ?

That force them have to have to rely solely on their first party title as their only game?

tbh..that reality is scary for us playstation and nintendo fans...

We are not ready for this...that sony and nintendo are powerless to outbid microsoft on purchasing third party publishers..

Now me..on behalf of playstation gamers...are asking microsoft...please dont do this...

In the name of fairness and equality...you have to treat everyone on equal footing....

wmUvOVp.jpg

Over n out
Who cares buy them both, stop being poor.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
ill be surprised if any of Bethesda's big games end up exclusive to Xbox.

they don't make money off hardware. they make it off software.

don't listen to console warriors' fantasy football version of what is happening.

Skyrim 2 and Fallout 5 will be whored out to every device known to man just like the other entries. i genuinely have no idea why people think these games will suddenly be walled off.

Last edited:
Listen, I'm bummed as much as the next guy that I very likely won't be getting Fallout 4 VR on my Playstation. But good lord, cool your jets. Zenimax is a big get, and they have a lot of great IP, but this isn't going to ruin Sony or Nintendo. And just because Microsoft opened the warchest for this acquisition doesn't mean they're going to for future acquisitions to this degree, or that other studios even want to be bought out.

Zenimax was for sale. Microsoft bought them. Big whoop (I don't like that big companies keep getting bigger, but that's relatively irrelevant at this point). If you want to play the Zenimax publisher's games, get an Xbox or a PC. Hell, if you're locking yourself into one ecosystem, you're doing yourself a disservice anyway.

Plus, Bethesda games look like shit no matter the hardware so they should be fine to play on a Series S lol

Last edited:

Mr. Nobody

Whats next after this? EA? Ubisoft? Capcom? Rockstar?..or posibly...Sony itself?

Does Microsoft endgame is to deprived Sony and Nintendo of third party support ?

That force them have to have to rely solely on their first party title as their only game?

We are not ready for this...that sony and nintendo are powerless to outbid microsoft on purchasing third party publishers..

Now me..on behalf of playstation gamers...are asking microsoft...please dont do this...

In the name of fairness and equality...you have to treat everyone on equal footing....

wmUvOVp.jpg

Over n out

VAuAKKS.gif

Sony could live only from their first party studios for as long as they want, cause any of rheir studios quality is unmatchable righr now (just in par wirh R*)

but on top of that is the one who most consoles sell EVERY generation. so any developer will gladly support the PlayStation brand 'cause this means more sales.

MS is doing an amazing job but lacks what sony does better.
Sell consoles and the PlayStation brand.

Also just imagine what sony could have done with RARE and what did MS with it.... it sums it all
Again this is what Im talking about. Replace the word Sony with Nintendo in your post.

Sony fans have now turned into the Nintendo fans they goofed on for generations.

They don't care about being charged more or the same for weaker hardware, worse services, paying full price for games they already purchased the previous gen, and decisions that don't benefit their consumers at all because "the brand" and "the exclusives".

Sad.

don't listen to console warriors' fantasy football version of what is happening. Skyrim 2 and Fallout 5 will be whored out to every device known to man just like the other entries.

Nah, they are Game Pass magnets. They will be available everywhere there is Game Pass, but nowhere else.

Piku_Ringo

Banned

wmUvOVp.jpg

Over n out
ZZBVzQa.gif

Matsuchezz

Hehehe it seems Xbox fanboys' grudge is not held against Sony themselves, but against the Sony fanbois, i guess some people have their blacklist of fanboys here.

It's been 20 looooong years!

Last edited:

Chiggs

Gold Member
OP has an empathic relationship with his gaming console and Sony's leadership. He's the Deanna Troi of GAF.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Nah, they are Game Pass magnets. They will be available everywhere there is Game Pass, but nowhere else.
so you think they are going to just give up 100 million $60 purchases so that they can advertise their Rent A Game service?

LOOOL

i get it, you guys like Gamepass. however, i don't think you understand how money works.

DeaDPo0L84

I legit can't tell what are real threads and what are satire threads. Also if the recent video game news is actually effecting your personal state of mind or happiness then you really need to step back. This shit is just video games, they're entertainment, don't make it bigger than it is.

Maybe Microsoft will release Bethesda games like after 1 to 10 years after Windows/Xbox release. See no reason for them to be sad.
They can always buy GP though, like for 15$ per month - cheaper than 80 euro (I am still pissed) game.

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Uh, if you want the games that are exclusively on Xbox, then go also buy an Xbox. I've got my X on pre-order even though I constantly rip on MS around here. But it's like having three children, two of which are doing great, and the third one you're trying to whip into shape. You don't focus on the ones already doing well, you try and fix the one who has problems!

Everything will be fine. The PS5 is going to have more great games than I will ever have time for. Hopefully the X will too.

lock2k

Banned

wmUvOVp.jpg

Over n out
How about... become a gaming fan, not a brand fan? This isn't sports teams or a tribe. Just a brand. Fidelity is for marriages. lol

Tygeezy

Microsoft = Netflix. Sony = HBO. I'll take HBO over Netflix any day.
Actually I wouldn't. Netflix streams in 4k dolby vision with high bitrate while HBO refuses to support these features. Netflix also constantly comes out with stuff out of the blue i'm interested in. I haven’t been interested since HBO shat the bed with game of throws season 7 and 8. By the way, ps5 plus pc guy over here.

Last edited:

Tygeezy

you guys know how easy to cancel out all this shit... buy 2 consoles. should be possible in a 7 year lifespan, if not then get a better job.
People going in for 3090 are already in for over the price of both of them. I might buy an xbox even as a pc gamer if gyro support on the controller was more of a thing.

Vawn

Banned
I've purchased over 200 games between PS4, Switch and Xbox One. ONE of them was a Bethesda game.

don't listen to console warriors' fantasy football version of what is happening.

Skyrim 2 and Fallout 5 will be whored out to every device known to man just like the other entries. i genuinely have no idea why people think these games will suddenly be walled off.
It's time to wake up ;)

Because only in a fantasy dream World would Microsoft acquire Bethesda for 7,5 Billion Dollar to release their future games on their competitors platforms like PlayStation. They want to increase the Value of Game Pass and they will not archive this by releasing games on platforms like PlayStation ;)

After you woke up you should start to pray that Sony will allow Game Pass on the PlayStation platform, because Microsoft is not done with acquisitions of Studios and IP's ;)

-MD-

Let me check my 40+ game inventory........ 2 Bethesda games.....

I think I will be fine (Plus I have a PC).

You have consoles and a PC and only own around 40 games?

I own 12+ Bethesda games on Steam alone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom