• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Guardian (TRICO) announced for PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggle

old one is cuter, but in a doll/plush way imo
new one is so much more realistic and dog like, and has its own cute factor

Haunted

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
So considering how Ueda works with showing off his games, could this mean release is close?
*crosses fingers for a 2009 release*

I wouldn't count on it, though.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
jiggle said:
old one is cuter, but in a doll/plush way imo
new one is so much more realistic and dog like, and has its own cute factor
The new one is more visibly hurt and more sympathetic. With his filed down horns, weak coat, fuck-ton of arrows and his caring eyes.... ;_; I love him already.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I just wanted to say that I don't like those Peter Molyneux echoed earlier. Him and Ueda are both both doing a good work trying to make gaming more noble, for the lack of better word. Positive vibe given off from Peter M. is something important in my eyes, and even though he underdelievered with some games, he hit the mark with Fable 2.

was that the same trailer that leaked through pslifestyle?

it looked a little better IMO.....it was the same section of footage I know that much....

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
MikeE21286 said:

it looked a little better IMO.....it was the same section of footage I know that much....
Mostly same scenes, better looking, but it did show some new footage also.

Danielsan

MikeE21286 said:

It basically was the leaked trailer completely remastered with the current looks and some added footage at the end. At first I thought it looked a little better but once you compare them side by side, the difference is stellar.

Brobzoid

Lord Error said:
I just wanted to say that I don't like those Peter Molyneux echoed earlier. Him and Ueda are both both doing a good work trying to make gaming more noble, for the lack of better word. Positive vibe given off from Peter M. is something important in my eyes, and even though he underdelievered with some games, he hit the mark with Fable 2.
Don't want to derail the thread, or start some shit, but Molyneux's games are held back, not only by the man's incessant love for hyperbole, but their archaic game-play systems and trying to do too much making everything too shallow.

Bulla564

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
HUGE lighting upgrade
New
e17xwy.gif

This alone guarantees that I'll be damn pissed at the fuckers hurting this thing... Ueda has a way of getting players INSANELY attached to something else. I'm getting there with just one damn trailer.

Moreover, this is one of those games that I will painfully conduct a media and thread blackout... what I've seen is enough. DAY 0.5

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
MikeE21286 said:

It was definitely a more refined version of their engine. Looks much better with the lighting alone yet retains all the detail and fluidity.

Amir0x said:
it's called "The last Guardian"

you know that fucking birdgriffincat is gonna die now :lol
GAF may not know but it would be nice to edit in TRICO in parenthesis into the title as the name is not known that well yet.

Brobzoid

soldat7 said:
I'm going on a media strike for this starting now.
Probably won't last!
I'M WITH YOU BROTHER MAN! \o/

Our very own Seinfeld contest.

Haunted

Ueda is clearly going for the ol' switcheroo, the llamabird isn't going to die.

SolidSnakex said:
Wasn't this mentioned after Tretton said that he wanted to show people what they have coming after this year?
ah, ok. I missed the conference, I'm just know catching up to all the goodness. :D

So, are those soldier things miniature colossi? They have to at least have some connection to them. I don't think they are human.

Catbird looks more like a dog now. Or an adult cat for some reason.

I think I prefer it's old face. Weird, considering I'm more of a dog person.
The stuff that was added at the end for the E3 trailer is interesting. Fighting against those armored guys implies that they'll have much better AI then the shadow monsters or the Colossi. And I'm really curious how the kid will go about controlling the Catbird.

SolidSnakex said:
2mzie5j.gif

1z4winn.gif

The animation just destroys anything out there.

Ueda just won E3.

Seriously though, that is absolutely jaw-dropping. I'm stunned, stunned I tell you!

edit: However else you feel about this gen, Sony games certainly make the best gifs.

pulga

Banned
Oh god, I've never wanted a console so much over a single game. Ueda is pimp.

Time to make a list for all the PS3 exclusives I need to catch up on.

Big Icarus said:
Catbird looks more like a dog now. Or an adult cat for some reason.

I think I prefer it's old face. Weird, considering I'm more of a dog person.
The stuff that was added at the end for the E3 trailer is interesting. Fighting against those armored guys implies that they'll have much better AI then the shadow monsters or the Colossi. And I'm really curious how the kid will go about controlling the Catbird.
I agree, it's the addition of a nose where there used to be just a beak, and it looks a bit less kittenish. The trailer is GORGEOUS now, but I prefer the older look to the animal - much much cuter and less alien-looking.

Lince

Banned
ilanna said:
THIS is why Sony won E3 conference!!!!

words of wisdom my friend, I might add ICO & SOTC stole my gamer's heart... and this third iteration won't give it back, sweet pain.

Facism

Lince said:
words of wisdom my friend, I might add ICO & SOTC stole my gamer's heart... and this third iteration won't give it back, sweet pain.

It looks brilliant, for sure :)

btw you broke FFO's heart :(

Shadow780

This is series has a special way to create a special bond players to its games emotionally and spiritually, it's so incredible almost scary.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
SolidSnakex said:
HUGE lighting upgrade

New
e17xwy.gif

goodbye monster thingy , We Hardly Knew ya :( :(

wait there are 4 horns on the thing head now ?

SolidSnakex said:

^ the poor kid died from the stupid jump here :lol

this game will be a massacre , Ueda is a sick person :(

youzen

Man, that beast looks soooo damn real. This was the best trailer for me this E3 (and I think they were a lot of awesome ones).

hope we get a HD feed soon!!!

That kid is the last guardian.

Think about this.

Every title has referenced the main character.

ICO

Wander & The Colossus

That kid is going to end up dying protecting the creature, and the creature will be alone forever.

SamuraiX-

Dear Lord... The trailer was absolutely gorgeous. Amazing artistic design. Truly the most epic and original title to be revealed at E3 as of yet.

Day 1 hands down! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom