• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The Last Night" (Milkshake Duck incarnate) E3 Trailer [XBO/Win10/Steam 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looks phenomenal

Hope there's some good game in there
From what I've read and heard from the dev, it's going to be open world. Shootouts. Chases. Exploration. Freeform gameplay (talk with someone to get information or threaten them at gunpoint, etc). You can pull out your gun at any time, in the middle of dialogue

Sini

From what I've read and heard from the dev, it's going to be open world. Shootouts. Chases. Exploration. Freeform gameplay (talk with someone to get information or threaten them at gunpoint, etc). You can pull out your gun at any time, in the middle of dialogue

Anything about locomotion at all? I really hope it'll be more responsive than Limbo because I was put off by sluggish movement in that game.

Violet_0

Banned
the weird thing about the game is that I love the Cyperpunk aesthetics and setting, but have no interest in the genre. It looks really pretty now, though
wait, I take it back. I thought it was going to be a linear jump & run?

Works for me!

Steam page
http://store.steampowered.com/app/612400/The_Last_Night/

•Explore a breathtaking post-cyberpunk world
Roam freely across four varied and vibrant districts in a unique blend of 2D and 3D. Travel between areas with futuristic transportation and wind your way through dense crowds, drones, and unique characters -- as long as you have the right to be there.

•Immersive, revolutionary visuals
Experience a city of gorgeous pixel art, drawn and animated by hand combined with state-of-the-art compositing techniques and camera work. The result is an immersive aesthetic, modernizing the cinematic platformer genre.

•Contextual stealth & gunplay
Each encounter in The Last Night is handcrafted to ensure variety and narrative progression. Use your acquired knowledge of the city to hide from drones, skirt around police, and escape dangerous situations - or people.

•Real-time action dialogues
Draw your gun to intimidate or simply walk away while in the middle of dialogue. NPCs will stroll and chat alongside you rather than just stand around. They’ll even remember what you’ve said, night after night. Make sure to watch your mouth as much as your back.

•A rich, personal narrative
Experience an unfiltered, futuristic society through the personal lens of Charlie, an ordinary low-class citizen - from the daily routine to extraordinary events. Live the stories of the city and its inhabitants in a world that may have you questioning modern life.

•Dynamic, original soundtrack
Showing you a side of the city that the camera can’t, the soundtrack and audio design places you directly into the heart of the world. From the music playing in shops as you stroll by to hover-cars blasting above you and the stories overheard through open windows, everything has been crafted to enhance the visuals and fully immerse you in this living, breathing environment.

This looked really good today. I've seen the old screens and I hope the look they showed today is what it ends up looking like because wow.

jett

D-Member
Good on them for getting funding.

Is this Windows 10 exclusive? This exclusive shit was really confusing in this conference.

LowParry

This was probably the game of the show for me next to the new Dragon Ball fighter. Seriously gave me some Flashback vibes.

madquills

Neo Member
the weird thing about the game is that I love the Cyperpunk aesthetics and setting, but have no interest in the genre. It looks really pretty now, though

wait, I take it back. I thought it was going to be a linear jump & run?

We're going for a more realistic perspective. No platforming. A realistic city. We take inspiration from Flashback etc but it's really not like those games in actual gameplay. Emphasis on story, diegetic puzzle solving, thinking about cool ways to utilise your environment etc.

Much more detail and a breakdown of the trailer soon.

dralla

Maybe my favorite game of the conference. I wish it got more screen time so we got more of an idea of how it'll play

moggio

Banned
Is the dev really a gamergater? :(

Someone in the other thread said so.

Yes, Tim Soret is a gamergater.

And, no, outing him as a gg scumbag isn't a thread derail as it will be important information for people who may be otherwise interested in the game.

I, for one, think the game looks interesting but knowing Tim is a cunt means I cannot buy it with a clear conscience.

So I won't be buying it.

Looks amazing, but as someone who's been following this for 3 years and only has access to a PS4 right now, Net_Wrecker is a sad boy :(

Yes, Tim Soret is a gamergater.

And, no, outing him as a gg scumbag isn't a thread derail as it will be important information for people who may be otherwise interested in the game.

I, for one, think the game looks interesting but knowing Tim is a cunt means I cannot buy it with a clear conscience.

So I won't be buying it.

Same. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom