• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The Last Night" (Milkshake Duck incarnate) E3 Trailer [XBO/Win10/Steam 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he harm anyone physically or psychologically?

?

Ok you are straight up concern trolling or you have lived a very sheltered life if you can't see why people are refusing to support the man unless he comes out and punches someone. Nobody in here is being a twitter mob and attacking the guy's private life or threatening him, folks are saying they aren't going to support him or his views.

Bahorel

This is fucking disgusting. It's such a shame because it looks visually pretty but it's made with the utter trash garbage mindset and writing of MRA Trumpsters

Go fuck yourself hard, developer

He supports gamergate so yes. Also you really don't see whats wrong with being anti-feminist?

Link me where he harassed or insulted people. SPECIFIC people.

?

Ok you are straight up concern trolling or you have lived a very sheltered life if you can't see why people are refusing to support the man unless he comes out and punches someone.

I came here because an E3 trailer looked cool and his excerpts gave me a laugh from another thread.

But it seems no one here is actually a fan of the game.

Kinsei

Banned
I just heard about this game, how the hell did MS approve of giving this game maximum exposure?

It has a great artstyle and that trailer was amazing. It's not hard to see why they approved as I doubt they asked for a full story synopsis.

Dmax3901

DA84XsHUMAAa-Q2.jpg

Haha, wow thanks.

Ekai

There are plenty of people who believe or support crazy things.

Does it have anything to do with the quality of the product they produce?

In this case, does it have anything to do with the gameplay?

The story of the game literally pushes GamerGate narratives. So, yea, it very much has everything to do with the game itself. I'm curious, when will you stop "just asking questions"?

Also, again, if one morally can't give money to a horrible human being like this dev., they should know how terrible of a person he is up front. For some, that influences purchase decisions. Why should someone who actually cares about other people fund a bigot's project? Seriously.

Oxymoron

Link me where he harassed or insulted people. SPECIFIC people.

This is just a fake standard you're making up that has nothing to do with why people are upset by this, though. There are other ways to be shitty than to be personally responsible for harassment.

For example, cheering on and giving validation to harassment campaigns.

I feel we should probably be coming up with games that are cyberpunky that are worth playing that aren't made by turdmerchants

So give

The Shadowrun games
Gemini Rue

a looky look.

I've played these ones so I can co-sign on them, recommended 2064 a couple times in this thread too. I'd argue that it's extremely progressive. I'm also in that game as well as VA-11 HALL-A!
as an alcoholic ingredient, it's a total coincidence that I had nothing to do with but will absolutely claim as my idea now

Is this really the hill you want to die on?

maxiell

Indie games are so creator focused, and often with such small teams, that their influence, values, etc. often seep into the design and story of a game at a much deeper level than say a Call of Duty or Elite Dangerous

And like putting aside all the other shit with this game, trying to say the artistry here is patisiche without actual artistic merit is crazy. And cyberpunk has such a classic defined look (or at least general aesthetic foundations) that to say it's copied is like saying all noir films just copy stuff.

I'm sure there are a few things of value that are mainly imitations instead of inspired-by situation. This seems more like the former than the latter to me.

FUME5

This has been getting a little bit of a push from Australian media every now and again, I'm guessing some well deserved hit pieces will be coming out soon.

Scroll up.

Anyways are there no fans of the game here?

I really couldn't care less about what a dev thinks as long as the game is good. I'm not going to stop going to Starbucks because someone is a Scientologist and works there if they serve good coffee.

why are people in this thread obligated to be fans of the game

You are not but you are in a thread discussing about it so I would assume at least a little interested?

Bahorel

Yes. He literally said the story is about "what would happen if the feminists won"

Fucking embarrassing

Wereroku

Scroll up.

I really couldn't care less about what a dev thinks as long as the game is good. I'm not going to stop going to Starbucks because someone is a Scientologist and works there if they serve good coffee.

You are not but you are in a thread discussing about it so I would assume at least a little interested?

Would you go to a coffee shop owned by a KKK member with KKK memorabilia all over it just because the coffee is good?

Moppeh

Banned
Scroll up.

What if the coffee altered your thetan levels?

Alebrije

Scroll up.

You are free to do what you want , others ...just care where their money goes if they buy this game.

The story of the game literally pushes GamerGate narratives.

People keep saying this. Those themes he talked about in tweets are from 3 years ago. The current Steam page paints a different story. Still boycott-worthy on the basis of the creator's views alone, and it's possible that some of those themes are still present, but I doubt MS would've made such a big show about a GamerGate/anti-feminist game. Reading a summary of the game on Steam it doesn't sound like it went down that path at all.

It has a great artstyle and that trailer was amazing. It's not hard to see why they approved as I doubt they asked for a full story synopsis.

None of us actually have a full story synopsis.

Ekai

I would say people were genuinely interested til the guy's shitty views and the fact that the game is a horror plot out of some GamerGater fever dream came to light.

MarkusRJR

Scroll up.

The game itself is about his views on feminism and how it's bad. Hard to disconnect the game and the artist in this case.

I really couldn't care less about what a dev thinks as long as the game is good. I'm not going to stop going to Starbucks because someone is a Scientologist and works there if they serve good coffee.?

What if you looked at the coffee you were drinking and it said 'FK' in the coffee

But then it turned into FEMINISM KILLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom