• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"The Last Night" (Milkshake Duck incarnate) E3 Trailer [XBO/Win10/Steam 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
TLN_Crowd_01.png

Art style is just perfect.

Crazy seeing this after the original pixel art version from years back. Beautiful.

XVgMc9E.gif

This game looks stupid good.

Yes, Tim Soret is a gamergater.

And, no, outing him as a gg scumbag isn't a thread derail as it will be important information for people who may be otherwise interested in the game.

I, for one, think the game looks interesting but knowing Tim is a cunt means I cannot buy it with a clear conscience.

So I won't be buying it.
Just found out, can't support it in that case.

He also made an anti-SJW thread on a forum called Gamerama. He deleted all his posts very recently though:
It's in french though.

Oh boy this :

I guess him and I are not living in the same Paris.

yeah i found it funny too since i used to think the same thing until my wife and i were on our honeymoon in paris for a week and was sexually harrassed in public. Twice

Thank you for posting this. I think it puts the issue to rest really. It's just an opinion, a stance, absolutely no way an identifying with or condoning of any kind of movement.

He should have a chance to explain his final stance and positions on things. I dont want anyone jumping to a conclusion one way or another with little info. Just thought it was an interesting angle to toss in.

Yikes at that open letter above.

I'm someone who thinks we deserve better, more incisive and nuanced feminist critique of games than Feminist Frequency provides, so am not unreceptive to criticism of her work.

But then he starts claiming patriarchy doesn't exist and my eyes roll out of my head.

Maoyama

Banned
A post from Tim Soret himself 3 years ago

Goddamit, I read that and he actually thinks hes making intelligent poignant contributions to the issue of feminism and its intersection with video games. It takes a special kind of man to repeat the same arguments as millions have before, refuse to acknowledge even the most basic counter arguments and pat yourself on the back the whole time.

Yikes at that open letter above.

I'm someone who thinks we deserve better, more incisive and nuanced feminist critique of games than Feminist Frequency provides, so am not unreceptive to criticism of her work.

But then he starts claiming patriarchy doesn't exist and my eyes roll out of my head.

That's what gets them. Every time. I have my own issues with FF-esque crit and I am a woman and a feminist. But that's not what people like this care about. And they always make it known.

Yes, Tim Soret is a gamergater.

And, no, outing him as a gg scumbag isn't a thread derail as it will be important information for people who may be otherwise interested in the game.

I, for one, think the game looks interesting but knowing Tim is a cunt means I cannot buy it with a clear conscience.

So I won't be buying it.

This changes from wanting to purchase the game to probably watching an eventual let's play.

Wark

I am so in love with how this game looks. I'm guessing it's a point-and-click adventure game? Psyched! I'm totally going to have to pick this up on Steam.

Ricky_R

Wasn't there a thread about this game a while ago? Or was it an indie games thread?

Anyway, game looks great. Seems like a sophisticated independent game. Is this coming to PS4 later on?

I feel very conflicted. The more I read on that developer, the worse it gets. Can't support anyone that talks like that. He seems ignorant more than anything. Even if he manages to apologize or somehow see the light, it's hard to get over the idea that these ideologies probably seeped into the game somehow.

It's morally challenging isn't It.

Sometimes the most talented artists are also the most talented bastards. We see it in art, music, film and game.

I don't have any issue enjoying the art, just the process giving money to the said person to consume it.

But I'm not afraid to admit that I'll probably cave, this looks insanely good.

Trust me, this is just the tip of the iceberg regarding Tim. He's also a racist person, and posted a lot on Gamerama (In fact he was the admin, but he deleted his account like a hour ago)

I'll try to find some of his racist posts on archive.org

dcx4610

Gonna need to see some gameplay but I'm sold on the A E S T H E T I C S.

Reminds me very much of Flashback/Another World.

It's absolutely a story game. The visuals immerse you in the world in order to let you experience a story.

As to the other comment about skill-based gameplay - this isn't going to be a fiddly, die-and-retry game. The skill will be in thinking how to use what you know about the game-world and its characters to your advantage. So it won't ever be frustrating, there are no 'super hard boss fights' etc.

What I meant by skill-based is involving more than the bare minimum 'pushing forward' most particularly story-based games require. I like some sort of challenge and increasing amount of skill of some sort required to move forward as the game progresses personally, that's what I meant by that.

Dsyndrome

This thread turned into a GG thread... fuck.

Still undecided on the game, extreme 2D sprites on 3D backgrounds is something I haven't seen yet, bold move Cotton.

Also, fuck Roman Polanski.

Skux

Regarding the politics, reading his actual posts he seems okay to me. It seems a little over-the-top and narrow minded to boycott games (or any art, for that matter) because you don't agree with the creator's politics.

OP should put the GG connection into the first post, I wouldn't want to buy a game without knowing something like that.

Regarding the politics, reading his actual posts he seems okay to me. It seems a little over-the-top and narrow minded to boycott games (or any art, for that matter) because you don't agree with the creator's politics.

It seems narrow-minded to me to support people who argue sexism in gaming isn't prevalent ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

KLoWn

It's absolutely a story game. The visuals immerse you in the world in order to let you experience a story.

As to the other comment about skill-based gameplay - this isn't going to be a fiddly, die-and-retry game. The skill will be in thinking how to use what you know about the game-world and its characters to your advantage. So it won't ever be frustrating, there are no 'super hard boss fights' etc.
Sounds great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom