• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us' autosave has a glitch. Read if you're playing. [Apparently fixed]

WTF, is this true??

No, it's not. This is ridiculously stupid.

Oh and:

zCzINQb.jpg

<3

Got back to where I was. Didn't take that long thank god. Patched and restarted and offline and whatever to avoid it from happening again but I'm not turning the PS3 off before completing the game just in case >_>

Can you use someone else's save game files?

If so, does anyone have one in
Pittsburgh?
I'm in that area. But aren't saves locked?

Taking a quick break and the glitch happened to me early in, but then I went offline and it didn't happen at all for the next 3 hours I played. Game is great so far.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Is anyone else still experiencing the autosaving issue? I just lost 2 hours of progress from it. I'm buying all future Naughty Dog games used.

cbalestra

Taking my chance...

Sorry guys about this morning and my personal apologies to the people who lost progress. Thank you to everyone who helped us figuring out what the problem was. Travis (our lead programmer) & myself were in the office at 6am this morning to fix the issue, I wish we could have dealt with the problem sooner.

Sorry again and thanks for your patience.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Taking my chance...

Sorry guys about this morning and my personal apologies to the people who lost progress. Thank you to everyone who helped us figuring out what the problem was. Travis (our lead programmer) & myself were in the office at 6am this morning to fix the issue, I wish we could have dealt with the problem sooner.

Well you DID fix it today :) I remember how long it took Bethesda to fix the PS3 stuttering issues.. Welcome! And I hope I like the game once I get to play it ;)

Ricky_R

Oh, yeah. Now he's going to come in here after Arne already dealt with all the fallout this morning!

Arne is the community manager though. So it's actually part of his job to be in the middle of all the shooting first than anybody else.

EDIT: Read your reply to shagg, so disregard my post.

I'm just not going to touch it until a patch comes out and I get a personal apology ;)

Here's your personal apology!

Taking my chance...

!!!

Thanks for doing what you guys are doing! Welcome to GAF!

Ricky_R

Taking my chance...

Dont't sweat it, and thanks for the commitment.

Taking my chance...

Thank you for getting it fixed so quickly.

Cmerrill

Taking my chance...

Pretty unacceptable. But thanks for coming to GAF and at least apologizing.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK just got hit with this. Using ''load game'' did not help. I hope they fix this NOW rather than later. Unacceptable stuff especially when the game kept being delayed. Apparently none of the press had the problem?

I got to where you
first meet Bill
and when I resumed the game I was at
the capitol building just before Tess dies.
Not THAT bad I guess but super annoying.

Why oh why did I highlight your post.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Taking my chance...

Welcome aboard!

If you're going to apologize for anything, it should be the strain your game is about to put on my marriage this weekend. My wife gets cranky with me when I disappear for two straight days because of "some damn video game..." ;)

Taking my chance...

Thanks for the quick fix, can't wait to start playing this :D

Dr Dogg

Taking my chance...

Welcome to the good ship GAF!

Don't sweat it. Much appreciated that you guys were on it asap.

Lucid07

So uh I choose to opt out of autosaving before so I could manually save and now I have tried to go into the menu and save but... I can't save at all. Going to loose like 6 hours of progress.

iNvid02

gaf what are my options?

everything was going swell yesterday, updated to 1.01 today and just noticed autosaving is stuck, i cant manual save either.

i've played a lot today and just started "fall". if i reset the PS3 will i resume from this chapter?

Cmerrill

So uh I choose to opt out of autosaving before so I could manually save and now I have tried to go into the menu and save but... I can't save at all. Going to loose like 6 hours of progress.

It's awesome eh? But hey, don't worry Naughty Dog, it's alllll goooood. We don't mind wasting our entire day and paying you for it.

cormack12

Gold Member
gaf what are my options?

everything was going swell yesterday, updated to 1.01 today and just noticed autosaving is stuck. i've played a lot today and just started "fall".

if i reset the PS3 will i resume from this chapter?

Probably not. More than likely you'll be at the point of your original save or ten minutes past :/

ironcreed

Banned
So people are still running into this issue after it was supposed to be fixed? I'll be sure to sign out before I start here in a bit, just to be safe.

Top Bottom