• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us' autosave has a glitch. Read if you're playing. [Apparently fixed]

saw this thread after picking up my game. got worried. took a nap. wake up too see all is fine i can enjoy my title. what a wonderful world

Remember way back when if you died on the last level in a video game you had to restart the level, or the whole game (if you were on your last life)?

Somehow, we lived through it.

Those were the days.

SirDigga

I wish I saw this sooner. Been playing this all day, stopped to have something to eat and ran into this issue.

Glad it is fixed now, but lost loads of hours :(

teiresias

There was a logic/race issue on the statistics gathering which occurred upon autosave it seems.

So if I start this game with my PS3 completely offline (WiFi off and Ethernet cable pulled) will I even be able to save my progress?

This is not the kind of BS to be releasing just after Sony played all holier-than-thou on PS4 games never needing to online authenticate.

BHZ Mayor

Remember way back when if you died on the last level in a video game you had to restart the level, or the whole game (if you were on your last life)?

Somehow, we lived through it.

Those were the days.

Yeah but the time people are talking about losing in this thread was the entire game back then. Sometimes not even that long.

Dereck

Of course everyone's allowed to voice their frustrations or opinions, with the understanding that the manner in which they choose to do so will color the responses of others.

4361ring_06.jpg

Cause and effect.
Holy shit you're good.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Would anyone be able to upload their saved game? That way people who've lost progress can chapter select to where they were at least.

In return I'd give you... gratitude! Oh so much of it

Like being pissed off over something being broken that shouldn't be broken is a bit harsh.

Being pissed off about this is understandable. We've all felt the frustration that losing hours of gameplay involves.

Throwing a tantrum about it in a dev's face, as some posters did earlier in this thread, is not the appropriate response.

Throwing a tantrum when something doesn't go your way is what children do, and it will invariably lead to one being treated like a child by others.

And harsh people are sometimes just useless.

Everyone's the driver of their own bus. If you don't like harsh, then you should:

- avoid people who are harsh for the sake of being harsh
- avoid behaviors that bring out harshness in people

EDIT: Anyways, fuck's sake, people. What is this, Dear Abby? I'm not going to go in circles about this. My "cause and effect" post summed up my thoughts as well as possible. Agree, or don't. Let's move on- the thread's been derailed plenty long enough.

Az

Wish I had read this earlier. Lost probably a few hours, I don't even want to play anymore right now.

I know it might be tedious to go through it again but just remember that you are missing out on 10+ hours of fun content. Give it a day, start fresh.

Being pissed off about this is understandable. We've all felt the frustration that losing hours of gameplay involves.

Throwing a tantrum about it in a dev's face, as some posters did earlier in this thread, is not the appropriate response.

Throwing a tantrum when something doesn't go your way is what children do, and it will invariably lead to one being treated like a child by others.

Yes...in the real world. Sure. You're not wrong.

In the craziness of an internet forum. Sometimes the squeakiest wheel does indeed get the grease. Sometimes you need to be really crazy-loud or what some might deem as unreasonable in order to cut through all the noise.

Moobabe

Everyone's the driver of their own bus. If you don't like harsh, then you should:

EDIT: Anyways, fuck's sake, people. What is this, Dear Abby? I'm not going to go in circles about this. My "cause and effect" post summed up my thoughts as well as possible. Agree, or don't. Let's move on- the thread's been derailed plenty long enough.

Yeah let's leave it - I've done my best to apologise, sent a few PMs and taken a break. Still sucks people are being affected so let's focus on getting the message out to them.

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK just got hit with this. Using ''load game'' did not help. I hope they fix this NOW rather than later. Unacceptable stuff especially when the game kept being delayed. Apparently none of the press had the problem?

I got to where you
first meet Bill
and when I resumed the game I was at
the capitol building just before Tess dies.
Not THAT bad I guess but super annoying.

arne

Hey arne!

Now that this is all fixed, what did you think about Portugal when you went there? :)

Lisbon was awesome! (this was my second time, we were there for Uncharted 3 too)

FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK just got hit with this. Using ''load game'' did not help. I hope they fix this NOW rather than later. Unacceptable stuff especially when the game kept being delayed. Apparently none of the press had the problem?

I got to where you
first meet Bill
and when I resumed the game I was at
the capitol building just before Tess dies.
Not THAT bad I guess but super annoying.

It's fixed now?

Also, the release date was only pushed back once. There was no "kept getting delayed"

hlhbk

It's great they apologized...well...Arne did.

It's also great they also fixed it as quickly as they did.

More great still was that GAF figured out how to get around Naughty Dog's issue.

The issue is that it shouldn't have happened at all. I don't care that it's happening often/all the time with other games as well. When a game ships it should be ready to play, problem-free.

There are always bugs and glitches in every game dating back to the Atari. Its never going away and as games get more ambitious and more difficult to program its just going to get worse. If you can't handle or accept that I suggest you stop gaming.

The_Monk

Lisbon was awesome! (this was my second time, we were there for Uncharted 3 too)

Nice! Thank you for answering. I was in Lisbon when some folks from Sony Santa Monica Studios were here for God of War Ascension (Mark Simon and Jason McDonald).

I've heard Easy Jet was may not have been the best fly choice, however.

Anyway, played about one hour more, zero problems!

Yeah let's leave it - I've done my best to apologise, sent a few PMs and taken a break. Still sucks people are being affected so let's focus on getting the message out to them.

Agreed. And, for the record- I made a point not to single you or any other poster out individually.

My aim with the previous posts was to try and keep things civil here in a thread where we have a dev interacting with us directly. Neogaf is lucky to have direct contact with as many people inside the industry as it does, and I want to see it stay that way.

Moobabe

Agreed. And, for the record- I made a point not to single you or any other poster out individually.

My aim with the previous posts was to try and keep things civil here in a thread where we have a dev interacting with us directly. Neogaf is lucky to have direct contact with as many people inside the industry as it does, and I want to see it stay that way.

Exactly - I had no idea he was replying, let alone that he was in the thread. Reading back my posts with that added context makes them look a bit worse.

He knows I'm sorry (I hope) and I really appreciate guys like him being on GAF to talk to us directly.

I'm just replying my dear. Did I offend you? Oh, I'm sincerely sorry.

Skip the sarcasm please.

Melchiah

There are always bugs and glitches in every game dating back to the Atari. Its never going away and as games get more ambitious and more difficult to program its just going to get worse. If you can't handle or accept that I suggest you stop gaming.

I didn't encounter any bugs that hampered with game saves during the PS1/2 era, and the one and only game that crashed for me back then was Blood Omen 2. I think that's partly because they had to release a thoroughly tested product, as there was no means to patch them afterwards, unlike now. Now these problems are becoming the norm, something you're already expecting to happen, as it seems to be better to hit the date than to release a finished product.

From the top of my mind, I remember there being problems with Heavy Rain, Fallout 3, Mass Effect trilogy, Arkham City, Skyrim, both Dead Islands, Bioshock Infinite, GoW: Ascension... Luckily I've only encountered them in the ME series (I've stayed a clear away from Bethesda's games), where all of them crashed a handful of times during the playthrough, dialogue missing and characters vanishing from sight here and there, and severe framerate problems at certain places.

Bollocks

So if I start this game with my PS3 completely offline (WiFi off and Ethernet cable pulled) will I even be able to save my progress?

This is not the kind of BS to be releasing just after Sony played all holier-than-thou on PS4 games never needing to online authenticate.

No you need to be online for the game to save.
In fact, you can't even start the game if you're offline, if you loose your connection you get booted back to the main menu.

Top Bottom