• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II has gone GOLD.

BatSu

95F.gif

theHFIC

This is less to notify the fans that the game has gone gold and more to notify gaming media and press that they can start ordering those 2020 GOTY Trophies with The Last of Us 2 engraved in it.

Finishing a playthrough of of TLOU Remastered this month and will be ready for Part 2.

It's a great tactic, the health minister in our country looks super exhausted since the start of the pandemic and that's why people pity him and he's winning in the 'most trustworthy politican' polls. ;)
are you from poland? same thing here, I just roll my eyes when people pity this guy, oh look at his eyes, he must be so exhausted!111 what the fuck

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
If this game get high scores, breaks records and wins GOTY, then it's going to be one wild ride.

My main concern is whether they can make such a grim, downbeat narrative compelling enough to keep the player engaged for 30hours. That to me seems like the thing that they'll really have to nail.

As to reaction, well lets be honest. had Druckmann said what he said regarding the first TLOU in the current (fucked) political climate, people would have written that game off sight-unseen too. Hell, I still see people using stuff relating to his approach to the first game as reasons as to why he's somehow going to ruin the IP... crazy bollocks, but these are the times we find ourselves in....

Grinchy

Banned
If it's just now going gold, then I guess it really wasn't ready. It wasn't about manufacturing during covid, it was because it wasn't ready.

I'm very excited to get educated by this game. It'll be cheaper than taking a semester of sociology 101!

LOOK AT THIS TROLL, FUCKN CUCKMAN YEAH YOU WORKED HARD OHHH SUREEEE YOU DID, OH GOOOOOOD FOR YOUUUUU!

Congradulations Neil and Naughty Dog, you made one of my fav games last generation and I cant wait to get my hands on part 2. You are miles ahead of what I consider good game development and I cant wait to have multiple playthroughs. Again thank you for the eventual experience and even though I was spoiled on some stuff my hype meter is still 100, LETS GOOOOOO!

Last edited:

mortal

It's a great tactic, the health minister in our country looks super exhausted since the start of the pandemic and that's why people pity him and he's winning in the 'most trustworthy politican' polls. ;)
Getting a game on track for print is an exhausting time for any developer. Dude is obviously spent (and also a bit stressed given the recent leak) and wanted to get on social media to voice his thanks to his team and reassure fans looking forward to playing the game. It's really not that deep.
cuck game
Do even know what cuck means? lol

MiguelItUp

While I was almost on team preorder, I think I'm just gonna wait this one out. Maybe I'll pick it up at some point.

Boss Mog

I'm still torn on whether or not to get the game at launch after hearing a bit about the plot from a friend. The game will surely be "divisive" as ND said but it's due to the actual plot and not because of any SJW stuff like most people imagined; and personally I can live with their plot decisions. My only problem really with the game is Abby's design, and it has been since the trailer where she was revealed. I just really dislike looking at jacked women that look like bulked up dudes.

Kagero

I'm going in blind as I haven't seen any of the leaks or spoilers.

I really don't care about the politics of the game as long as the main story and gameplay deliver.
My thoughts exactly. I don't agree with most of the themes in most of the games that I play, but it has never stopped me from respecting and appreciating them. It's art. It's someones creative thought.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Thank you so much for your efforts and time that has been put in this game , I really appreciate what you guys did no matter what happens you are the best when it comes to games..

Can’t wait to try it

Dina is hot tbh lol but it's a video game at the end of the day lol
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, seriously though Dina as well as the person who modelled for her is fire. No idea why people are complaining about an SJW agenda, seriously what grown man complains about lesbians? When I play this game Im not sure if I should have a gatorade next to me or a moist towel.

Joking of course

Top Bottom