• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II Remastered Announced + Trailer. Release Slated for January 2024

ND's past and current projects:

image.png

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Considering this game is on PS5, the enemies in the rogue mode should be a lot.

I also like the fact that this will feature multiple unlockable characters.

Kikorin

Glad I've wait years, at this point I'll wait a couple more months and I'll play the definitive version, also some additions could be fun like the rogue like mode.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
ND's past and current projects:

image.png
They have 2 new games in the works, one of which is presumably a new IP. These remakes are just bonuses.
I need someone to explain to me how they're creativity bankrupt even though they have multiple games in development?
They aren't. Its just ignorance. ND is making 2 brand new games IN ADDITION to making remakes of their old games. The output is fantastic when you think of it.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
4k/60 and raytracing on PS5 at the same time??

IMG.gif
Haha, so true. This game will be 4k 30fps at most. Performance mode checkerboard 4k. The original ps4 version looks so good, I can't see how much of an upgrade they can do here. I hope they remake it like Resident evil 4 and make quality of life changes instead of a lazy graphic overhaul.

Represent.

Haha, so true. This game will be 4k 30fps at most. Performance mode checkerboard 4k. The original ps4 version looks so good, I can't see how much of an upgrade they can do here. I hope they remake it like Resident evil 4 and make quality of life changes instead of a lazy graphic overhaul.
Graphical improvements are the best and most important thing about remakes/remasters

Aion002

I guess that's why they didn't release tlu2 on ps plus and it's been a while since the game got a sale on psn.

This would make me hopeful that there would be a upgrade thing for those that bought the game on the ps4... Ps3 Sony would do that... Current Sony?

I Dont Think So No Way GIF

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
They have 2 new games in the works, one of which is presumably a new IP. These remakes are just bonuses.

They aren't. Its just ignorance. ND is making 2 brand new games IN ADDITION to making remakes of their old games. The output is fantastic when you think of it.

Something is, by definition, not a "bonus," when it is the sole product out. That's actually the opposite of a bonus. At this point, and with this pool of products, a new IP would be a bonus, in a strictly numbers game/semantic fun fest.

squarealex

Gaming is dead

Gaming is not dead with Ghost of Tsushima PS5, Spider-Man Remastered one and half year later or Death Stranding...

Wake up, we already have Tomb Raider Remastered ou Sleeping Dogs remastered (or "definitive edition) one year later on PS4.

But gaming is dead just for TLOUp2, 4 years later ?

I'm supposed RDR2 PS5 Version, gaming is not dead but "God is real" ?

Last edited:

Ozzie666

I stil don't know why, other than a quick cash grab. Maybe they made some plot changes? like more Abby.
Abby is the more compelling character, it's really her game.
If this i s a $70 game, that thread will be fun.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
I gave ND the benefit of the doubt and consider TLOU Pt. 1 a significant visual upgrade but nah I'm out on this one. I expect much more from ND tech and PS4 to PS5 visual leap. This may be worthwhile for others but as a graphics guy, it's disappointing.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

2018 - Red Dead Redemption 2
2021 - Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy
2022 - Grand Theft Auto 5 - PS5/XS version
2023 - Red Dead Redemption (re-realease)
TBA - Red Dead Redemption 2 PS5/XS (Rumored)
TBA - Grand Theft Auto 6

Yet no one calls Rockstar creatively bankrupt. They just call their ports lazy.

midnightAI

SM2's 60 FPS performance mode is between 1080p and 1440p, drops to 900p when performance is unlocked, it's nowhere close to 4K.
It was meant as Insomniac at some point probably will crack it (they are doing more than most with performance and Ray tracing) I wasn't talking about SM2. And at that point, as mentioned, Mr Bean will approve

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I gave ND the benefit of the doubt and consider TLOU Pt. 1 a significant visual upgrade but nah I'm out on this one. I expect much more from ND tech and PS4 to PS5 visual leap. This may be worthwhile for others but as a graphics guy, it's disappointing.

I just hope the levels have some bigger enhancements that make it look closer to the E3 reveal.

Represent.

Something is, by definition, not a "bonus," when it is the sole product out. That's actually the opposite of a bonus. At this point, and with this pool of products, a new IP would be a bonus, in a strictly numbers game/semantic fun fest.
Uh huh. Fact of the matter is they are most likely working on a new IP, a MP game, and remakes of their old games - Im not sure how thats bad output or creative bankruptcy. People just love to hate ND.

I will agree that they need to announce a new game though. Hopefully sometime next year. Im not bothered by it though because Neil has confirmed already they're working on a new AAA SP game. Im letting them cook. to me this TLOU 2 remaster is nothing but a bonus. A good one af that, its by far my fav game of all time.

Last edited:

midnightAI

Judging by cutscenes?

Lokaum D+

Ppl are mental, there is a lot of good games releasing in 2024, it would be a waste of money payin full price for a 2 years old game that i already have.

Next ND game ll be Uncharted Ultimate Drake Collection for PS5.

60fps
No multiplayer
Fullprice

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Oh boy.

This better have a $10 upgrade path max for PS4 version. Not touching this otherwise.

Top Bottom