• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II Remastered Announced + Trailer. Release Slated for January 2024

GHG

Gold Member
$10 upgrade from PS4

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

angrod14

I don't know why that trailer looks so silky smooth. The patched PS4 version is already 60 FPS and it doesn't seem that fluid to me.

Fuchalmania

So if I own part 2 physical I can pay $10 and get this?
(4) Upgrades for disc copies of the PS4 version of the Last of Us Part II are only available if you have a PlayStation 5 console with a disc drive. Owners of PS4 disc copies must insert them into the PS5 every time they want to download or play the PS5 digital version.

Doom85

Prepare to cry again. :messenger_loudly_crying:

Fun fact: when Ashley Johnson (Ellie) recorded for the song Ellie sings in the game’s first teaser, she was told she sung it too well (since Ellie is not meant to be an excellent singer, given the environment she grew up in) so she actually worked with a vocal coach to learn how to sing “worse”.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Uh huh. Fact of the matter is they are most likely working on a new IP, a MP game, and remakes of their old games - Im not sure how thats bad output or creative bankruptcy. People just love to hate ND.

I will agree that they need to announce a new game though. Hopefully sometime next year. Im not bothered by it though because Neil has confirmed already they're working on a new AAA SP game. Im letting them cook. to me this TLOU 2 remaster is nothing but a bonus. A good one af that, its by far my fav game of all time.

Yeah, to be sure, everyone has a subjective scale of preference and tolerance. I have my praises and issues with this IP, but the largest part of skepticism can be blamed on the New Year's Resolution paradox gaming has going on lately.

You know, if you say you're gonna...enroll in medical school and become Patch Adams irl in 2024, you get all that acclaim and validation that someone keeping their goals to themselves would get after like...graduating. When you have like six remasters or remakes in a row with a couple of tweets every six months saying "yuss we're still working on THAT game heeheehoohoo," it feels like..."Well, we have to say SOMETHING to placate those Mindless zealots who want new games," and then they go into a back room and alter the religious texts to say that the rapture is now happening next year.

jorgejjvr

(4) Upgrades for disc copies of the PS4 version of the Last of Us Part II are only available if you have a PlayStation 5 console with a disc drive. Owners of PS4 disc copies must insert them into the PS5 every time they want to download or play the PS5 digital version.
Wack

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
These remasters require minimum effort. And I wouldn't be surprised that the Hordes mode is/was part of Factions at some point
I wish Sony uses "minimum effort" on games that fan asking for years...like Bloodborne and The Last Guardian and even Gravity Rush 2. I dont need Remake, just give me PS5 upgrade.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Goddamn it, now Neil is going to have to get Troy Baker up there with him at TGA for an interview to take up the time he would spend showing that trailer after accepting his adaptation award.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
A new set of Lost Levels in Part II Remastered allow players a unique chance to check out some playable sequences previously cut from the game. These aren’t fully finished levels, but rather early-development slices that not only let you see some new glimpses of Part II’s world, but also include embedded developer commentary to give them richer context.

Alright this is fucking dope.

jorgejjvr

If you had discs on your old system and bought a newer digital only console, you only have yourself to blame for your lack of backwards compatibility.
I have the disc version. Still whack they don't want to just give me the digital version without always putting the disc

Top Bottom