• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II Remastered Announced + Trailer. Release Slated for January 2024

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

"Full" trailer dropping in 10 mins.

So, don't touch and just play the PS4 version.

People complaining for this, but loved all PS3 remaster on PS4 when we have no BC? Common....

PS3 remasters are more valuable cause there's no native BC, like you said. Not the same case here.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Because the likelihood is those are pretty much the same, both will be using the highest quality assets especially for close ups etc. so you won't see much of a difference either way.

Their asset quality is fine. Lighting is the only aspect that's aged not so well imo.

These jokers have 10min to change my mind. Full trailer incoming but I doubt it will be much different.

squarealex

I gave ND the benefit of the doubt and consider TLOU Pt. 1 a significant visual upgrade but nah I'm out on this one. I expect much more from ND tech and PS4 to PS5 visual leap. This may be worthwhile for others but as a graphics guy, it's disappointing.

Looks Fake, just the same picture more darker.

9eb5a96928fc5c5ffb2c90856de7df1ed26041b3.jpeg

533dda13bbd4c3dc35a5127891dc59b41c0d0834.jpeg

No big difference, just a better DOF resolution, better draw distance and better AO (with better resolution)

skneogaf

I'm in, it's a shame though they didn't reduce the size of Abby to be more realistic in a post apocalyptic setting where protein, creatine, synthol, and testosterone replacement therapy is likely in very short supply.

I was unable to wait for the pc version of the last of us part 1 and I imagine I'll be unable to hold out for this too on pc.

My 4090 crys in anticipation for naughty dog games.

Can I pet that dog, can I pet that dooog!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

The Last of Us Part II Remastered will feature enhanced graphics, including native 4K output(1) in Fidelity Mode, 1440p upscaled to 4K(1) in Performance Mode, an Unlocked Framerate option for TVs that support VRR, increased texture resolution, increased Level-of-Detail distances, improved shadow quality, animation sampling rate, and more.

And good news for existing owners of The Last of Us Part II on PlayStation 4! You will be able to upgrade to a digital version of The Last of Us Part II Remastered for $10 USD(3) at launch.(4) You’ll also be able to import your saves from the original game to Part II Remastered.

$10 upgrade path.

Last edited:

MirageMew2

Let’s go with the upgrade path! Easy in. Folks were ready to defend a $70 remaster I could smell it lmfao

Last edited:

Muffdraul

Niiiiiiice. I came ~this~ close to replaying TLOU2 for Halloween month this year, but I've already replayed it so many times in the last 3 years, I just didn't feel like it. I went with Dead Space remake instead. But by January I'll definitely be ready for a remaster with bonus content, hell yes.

Last edited:

swaffles23

How is Naughty Dogs stuff always leaking. TLOU Part 2 had massive leaks, the TLOU Part 1 leaked and now this leaked

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
These are the lost levels

This is right before the dance.

kX4iW1L.png

This appears to be right after Ellie left Dina because she has Joel's jacket on.

9yFaNbx.png

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I didn't finish my Deluxe Edition of it, I'll probably upgrade and play a bit and remember why I zoned out of it.

Mister Wolf

I'm glad we can all move on after this. Looking forward to them presenting the new IP. Apparently its Sci-Fi.

Last edited:
Top Bottom