• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II Review Embargo lifts June 12th, 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time (NO SPOILERS PLS)

JLMC469

Banned
So many people are playing this twice. It makes me wonder if there are other reasons other than missed locations and upgrades to play it a second time.

Poster analyzing the idea of a second playthrough:

200.gif

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Poster analyzing the idea of a second playthrough:

200.gif

I'm not understanding your response. There have been many games reviewed but I can't recall so many people who are playing review copies going out of their way to mention they're playing it for the second time. It could be because it's THAT good, but it could also be because there's a good reason to play it twice. It also might be just because it's that good and you can overlook content. I'm just 'wondering'. Your response is weird. It's suggesting I've said something outrageous.

200.gif

Jayjayhd34

The review embargo for The Last of Us Part II wouldl lift on the the 12th of June, exactly a week before the game's release on 19th of June. A review embargo being lifted means that The Last of Us Part II reviews would be out a week before the game officially releases.

Don't know what that guy is talking about. Having an embatgo lifted on the basis of region would make no sense.

Jbomb19

Why though? The review embargo isn’t lifted everywhere till June 12th 3:01 AM ET. This dude is misinformed for sure

I thought the embargo is just 12:01am on June 12 in whatever time zone your market is. So it’s what, almost 5am on June 11 in Japan? I wouldn’t call the embargo life “a few hours” away but maybe that’s whah the tweet is talking about?

THEAP99

Banned
I thought the embargo is just 12:01am on June 12 in whatever time zone your market is. So it’s what, almost 5am on June 11 in Japan? I wouldn’t call the embargo life “a few hours” away but maybe that’s whah the tweet is talking about?
I’m sure we’ll see early reviews pop up on accident tomorrow anyways, but no I do not believe they do embargo based on region.

Jbomb19

I’m sure we’ll see early reviews pop up on accident tomorrow anyways, but no I do not believe they do embargo based on region.

Yeah I think that dude tweeting thinks it based on region but you’re right: it’s 12:01am PT on June 12

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
So many people are playing this twice. It makes me wonder if there are other reasons other than missed locations and upgrades to play it a second time.
Yep, probably because you can't fully upgrade everything in one playthrough and there's certain things you can miss if you don't trigger them

Matsuchezz

I have probably beaten the first one at least 6 times, I probably play it twice on PS4 and many more on PS5. I ahve a lot of games to catch up before PS5 arrives.

Last edited:

Umbral

I’m pretty cynical. I’m taking this as sincere as I have no reason to take it otherwise.

This made me tear up.

This man has been shit on hard since April, and I’ve done some of it myself, for what I believe to be justifiable reasons. The humility it takes to put down the weapon and comfort someone who has been making videos tearing into you, your studio, and your years of hard work for months is remarkable.

Jesus, if we could get to this place with so many things in our world we would be so much better for it.

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
I’m pretty cynical.

This made me tear up.

This man has been shit on hard since April and I’ve done some of it myself, for what I believe to be justifiable reasons. The humility it takes to put down the weapon and comfort someone who has been making videos tearing into you, your studio, and your years of hard work for months is remarkable.

Jesus, if we could get to this place with so many things in our world we would be so much better for it.
Kind of reminds me of themes they are trying to push in Part 2 tbh.

That when we want to react with anger, is it really worth it?

Umbral

Kind of reminds me of themes they are trying to push in Part 2 tbh.

That when we want to react with anger, is it really worth it?

I don’t like The Quartering and I’ve been critical of Neil and the studio’s ideological/social engineering turn of late but he earned some respect from me for this.

DonJorginho

Banned
This dude is a clown. I'm not stanning for Neil but dude got the nerve to call him "Cuckmann" when he looks like a fat ol neckbeard and he's crying over a dog.
Since when was mourning the loss of your dog a bad thing? Are you messed up in the head?

I don't like Jeremy but from having a family dog die I know just how much it fucking hurts to lose that buddy you had by your side everyday, it's literally losing a family member, show some humanity and decency where it's needed.

Maybe you were too poor to grow up with a dog or simply lack standard compassion us normal people do, but I hope to god you never have to experience something like losing a family pet that has been a close friend for over a decade.

Hopefully you learn one day and be a bit more thoughtful of what you say next time.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I accidentally clicked "Your videos" while browsing YouTube and I forgot there was a video in there when I first played the Last of Us back in 2014.

It's almost a week away, but it's hard to get my mind off TLOU Part II. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

manfestival

I know some people that have said a bunch of things about the game but I always have to check them and remind them about Naughty Dog and their track record. I know people are really sensitive about the subject material. I just expect this game to be 95+ on MT

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Since when was mourning the loss of your dog a bad thing? Are you messed up in the head?

I don't like Jeremy but from having a family dog die I know just how much it fucking hurts to lose that buddy you had by your side everyday, it's literally losing a family member, show some humanity and decency where it's needed.

Maybe you were too poor to grow up with a dog or simply lack standard compassion us normal people do, but I hope to god you never have to experience something like losing a family pet that has been a close friend for over a decade.

Hopefully you learn one day and be a bit more thoughtful of what you say next time.

He's not mourning over a dog, he is screaming about his dog dying on social media. Those are 2 different things.

I guess tomorrow we gonna see lots of people in NeoGAF get pissed off when this game gets high scores.
expect to see all the Usual every single reviewer is woke so they’re opinion can’t be trusted and/or it only reviewed well because diversity 😂.

And ‘ I won’t be buying due to cuckmans forced gender politics’

Top Bottom