• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II Review Embargo lifts June 12th, 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time (NO SPOILERS PLS)

xviper

Uncharted 4 was boring as shit and scored 93MC

TLOU 2 is obviously gonna be better than UC4 unless they decided to also turn it into a walking/climbing simulator, and the game is probably filled with SJW (Mental illness) so that's an instant 95+MC

Woggleman

The PSN reviews are because of a glitch in the system and many other upcoming games have the same thing. They should fix it but it is not exclusive to this game.

Woggleman

Usually a game like this would not be about two or even three weeks to beat. Just beating it in a few days sounds like they were going for 48 hours straight with no break.

THEAP99

Banned
Really really hope this game can surpass 95 on metacritic. But with a few clickbait articles I don’t think it’ll happen.

i made a bet with my friend that persona 5 Royale wouldn’t be the highest rated playstation game this year. I need that money

Gamernyc78

Banned
It will be praised into oblivion anyway even if it sucks...

Reviews have become such a joke these days

Yeah let's assume it sucks bcus you know we have a narrative foh 🤨

Pass us with tht superfluous bs.

Facts I'm a regular gamer and thought the campaign and mp were one of the best all time. It'll score great because they are the best if not one of the best devs in the business..

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
I wonder how many people on YouTube are going to admit they were wrong about the leaks.
Same number as the people on GAF:
giphy.gif

92-97. I’ll lowball it for good luck and say 93 as I hope it gets higher .

Hope MC know that the review bombing will start as soon as it's possible, whether that's on June 12 at 12:01 am or later.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned

92-97. I’ll lowball it for good luck and say 93 as I hope it gets higher .

I'll place it at 95 only bcus for some reason with high rated Sony exclusives the odd one or two outliers from review sites that hardly review games jump in coincidentally with their 50/60s and drop the score.

And yes scores are subjective but you notice things.

Last edited:

mejin

I'll place it at 95 only bcus for some reason with high rated Sony exclusives the odd one or two outliers from review sites that hardly review games jump in coincidentally with their 50/60s and drop the score.

And yes scores are subjective but you notice things.

I expect some "Slant Magazine" doing their work.

I'll bet 92.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
95+ Meta Critic / Open Critic score. TLOUP2 will be right up 99% of critics asses. Impressions should be based on the final retail build of the game which is good.

Gamer wise, I believe that it will be split 50/50. Half will love it. Half will hate it. I do however believe that the majority of gamers will prefer the original game over the sequel though.

As for me, im expecting around an 8/10 overall. My expectation/tentative category ratings are 10/10 for visuals, 9/10 for audio, 8 or 9 for gameplay/combat and 5 to 7 for story and characters, Don't see myself rating the game lower than an 8/10 due to how I rate games but I don't see myself rating the game past an 8-8.5/10. Story and characters will have to prove me wrong for that to happen.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Really really hope this game can surpass 95 on metacritic. But with a few clickbait articles I don’t think it’ll happen.

i made a bet with my friend that persona 5 Royale wouldn’t be the highest rated playstation game this year. I need that money

Who wins the bet if it's a tie?

Also, P5R has a 95 rating on Meta Critic with 70 reviews. 70 reviews is the main issue. If TLOUP2 gets over 100 critic reviews which it will and is lower than P5R, it's not a fair bet because the more reviews a game gets/has, the higher the percentages are that the game decreases in overall rating.

THEAP99

Banned
Who wins the bet if it's a tie?

Also, P5R has a 95 rating on Meta Critic with 70 reviews. 70 reviews is the main issue. If TLOUP2 gets over 100 critic reviews which it will and is lower than P5R, it's not a fair bet because the more reviews a game gets/has, the higher the percentages are that the game decreases in overall rating.

I don’t think anyone gets money if it’s a tie. As for number of reviews. When reviews dropped for P5R I asked when he wants the cut off to be. 50 reviews or what. But he just said “whenever they stop coming in.”

Woggleman

I think it will be a high rating from critics and most people who actually play the whole thing will like it. I do see a lot of negative review bombing though.

OT but Days Gone deserved so much better.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
Journos being brain dead for the most part i predict the game gets 90 at least

After the shitshow of leaks that happened with nearly everyone’s grandma now knowing the story beats and characters, I can see this being a tough review and one where you really need to play it safe.

Mark my words no industry respected “pro” journalist will go in hard on the story or characters even if they honestly aren’t fans. Don’t wanna be labeled a homophobe or score that homophobe/misogynist career ending combo breaker.

yeeeeeezy

Banned
This has been my most anticipated game since it’s been announced. I’m now more looking forward to reviews dropping and serving crow than playing the actual game.

What does this say about me?

Last edited:

THEAP99

Banned
I honestly knew never people paid attention to fan scores.

Microsoft seems to think people do though as they did a fan accolades for bleeding edge

lachesis

Sounds like the leaks are not entirely true nor false as I suspected. This would be my biggest popcorn moment in mid June & early July.
I'm not too worried about gameplay or graphics - it looked amazing - but it's the story that I'm concerned about - that I decided not to buy on day 1 but wait for the user reviews on GAF... because it wasn't the gameplay that left me the biggest impact on me on the first game, but the story.

yeeeeeezy

Banned

Microsoft seems to think people do though as they did a fan accolades for bleeding edge
User meta scores are completely worthless. A large contingent of anti sjw trolls are intent on canceling this game and will spam with fake reviews. Anyone saying they will rely on user meta scores has already made up their mind.

Paracelsus

TLJ user score is a legit representation of what the movie is worth, the review score is ridiculous.
ROS has a proper review score for the wrong reasons, the user score is rigged.
Since nobody was going to trust reviews anymore after TLJ, Disney bribed RT to do this.

There's been an obvious attempt by shitposters at gaslighting any criticism as politically charged all while pretending reviewers are unbiased, but situations like the FFVIIr ending controversy have proven that is not the case.

Last edited:
Top Bottom