• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part II - Review Thread - *NO. SPOILERS. PERIOD.*

What will TLOU 2 average score be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkBatman

SBI’s Employee of the Year
You're a lost cause. Keep shilling for him though and maybe he'll let you suck his dick later. Ciao.

Sad to see how you're not capable of having a normal discussion. Thought this was pretty okay until now, because we both tried to use some arguments to strengthen our point. And you just throw it away, because... why?
Well, your loss.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Honestly I hope those of you that are excited aren't too concerned. I'm sure if you really enjoyed the previous game, especially the gameplay, you'll enjoy this one. Maybe the same, maybe more! I'll obviously be hoping for the latter. ✌🏻

Dacon

Banned
Honestly I hope those of you that are excited aren't too concerned. I'm sure if you really enjoyed the previous game, especially the gameplay, you'll enjoy this one. Maybe the same, maybe more! I'll obviously be hoping for the latter. ✌🏻

Idk, I've seen some reviewers who loved the first game but aren't big on this one. I think it's one of those things you just have to judge for yourself.

My issue comes when some people (not you personally) wishing this game to disappear, this basically no different than SJW wishing a game to disappear just because it has sexy design.

At least ND is not going the route of Rockstar by re releasing the same game three times and milking it for microtransactions. At least they still care about SP. Even if you are not crazy about their games at least that should be respected.

Even I won't hate on them for that. That's more of an EA "nobody plays single player games" stupidity, which is why I did not complain about any wokeness, and only certain outcomes that I admit make me easily butt hurt. I don't care if gay people exist in games, I just get pissed off when certain things happen in film and gaming that seems to be more and more common lately.

DarkBatman

Idk, I've seen some reviewers who loved the first game but aren't big on this one. I think it's one of those things you just have to judge for yourself.

Yeah, I saw the same thing. But I saw many who loved the first part, never thought a part II would work and were thrilled.
Sadly I couldn't make out the reasons that led to opinion A and opinion B - so I just have to find out which camp I'll join next week.

Sad to see how you're not capable of having a normal discussion. Thought this was pretty okay until now, because we both tried to use some arguments to strengthen our point. And you just throw it away, because... why?
Well, your loss.

My apologies to you for the uneeded disrespect. I am exceptionally immature far easier than I wish I was. This site does not have a delete post option, unless I am missing it.

DarkBatman

My apologies to you for the uneeded disrespect. I am exceptionally immature far easier than I wish I was. This site does not have a delete post option, unless I am missing it.

Don't sweat it, there are far worse thing a person can through at you online, I wouldn't even call that one "disrespect".

MiguelItUp

Oh most definitely! I've seen folks that liked the story, hated gameplay. As well as vice versa. Seeing for yourself is always recommended in my mind. Especially when there are silly things impacting people's opinion of the game like the violence and the grim setting. 🤷🏻‍♂️

devDemonik

Neo Member
The IGN 10/10 is f'ing hilarious :messenger_tears_of_joy:

But gotta admit I'm glad to see it's scoring well. Didn't end up canceling my pre-order and now I'm looking forward to play it - for the gameplay and graphics anyway.

MayauMiao

Skillup liken TLoU2 plot to Last Jedi and Game of Thrones season 8.

I think that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Atari once had a philosophy about not hurting humans in their video games and now in 2020, the game with the highest amount of perfect 10’s is a game about committing acts of violence in order to survive. While that’s nothing new, it just shows what society sees as being the best video games have to offer.

C94-C7-CCE-17-D8-4532-AAC0-8244-D2-BFC277.jpg

The Ultimate History of Video Games by Steven L. Kent

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I've seen so many people mention SkillUp's review as most "accurate" one.

Guys, it looks desperate if you only focus on the few negative reviews.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
I've seen so many people mention SkillUp's review as most "accurate" one.

Guys, it looks desperate if you only focus on the few negative reviews.

We can add the Ars review to the list then.

This whole thing feels like GTA IV all over again, except the major outlets now even don't care to at least mask the shill at this point becuse access to PS5 and games is more important to them than an end of gen sequel.

This whole thing feels like GTA IV all over again, except the major outlets now even don't care to at least mask the shill at this point becuse access to PS5 and games is more important to them than an end of gen sequel.

Okay... Imma just ignore the GTA IV part of this (because GTA IV was the best GTA up to that point in time, yes really) but in what way are you able to ascribe truthfulness to some reviews and falsehood to the majority of others? Even with the people who were wrong about GTA IV... they waited until they had PLAYED THE GAME to call out journalists. I guess that was back before fanboys got hate boners over games they hadn't even played, though.

THEAP99

Banned
I am going to be 100% real with you. I am someone who has been totally hyped for this game ever since I beat the first one.

I've also been incredibly defensive or at least tried to make sure the leaks, false leaks, and overall drama surrounding this game don't cloud my judgment or make me jump to conclusions.

But after watching and reading some reviews (SkillUpYT, Alanah Pearce, Kotaku, The Verge, Griz Gaming, Eurogamer), I do not think whatsoever this game is going to land well among the fan audiences, and I am not even sure about me either. I know it has a 96 on Metacritic currently, but something is just so off to me and oddly enough, my hype has died down since reviews released.

As long as Cyberpunk does what it needs to do, I don't think TLOU2 is going to be as successful as the first game in regards to awards and all-time reception.

This poll should be rephrased, "How many people believe these reviews are a sham?"

Anyone who actually believes this sham to be legit should read this: https://crappygames.miraheze.org/wiki/Corruption_in_Game_Journalism.

Lastly game reviews including metacritic should be abolished for good, just like E3. It's a corrupt system no different than false advertisement, it's just another system of controlling society of what's socially acceptable and what isn't, rather than having individuals think for themselves.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Okay... Imma just ignore the GTA IV part of this (because GTA IV was the best GTA up to that point in time, yes really) but in what way are you able to ascribe truthfulness to some reviews and falsehood to the majority of others? Even with the people who were wrong about GTA IV... they waited until they had PLAYED THE GAME to call out journalists. I guess that was back before fanboys got hate boners over games they hadn't even played, though.

From the off you're grammatically challenged so I'm going to assume your comprehension is equally stunted.

You can't ignore both my example and my quantifier of "Feels like" or even the context of the comment I was replying to. So, think before you post and put some effort into a reply or just call me an idiot and throw in some condesending comments and move on with your day.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

No, this feels like a desperate attempt to prove that the game is actually bad and reviewers were paid give the game a good review.

DrAspirino

Banned
You may call me a fascist, an old fart or even a backwards guy, but I can bet that given the recent events with riots and such, I fully expect this game has a 10/10 score or review from the press and some users simply out of fear from the PC police, and the game doesn't deserve them (from what I saw on the leaks).

It's not a bad game... maybe a 7.5/10, but it is NOT a 10/10 game.

Spokker

I would have bet my left nut on Leigh Alexander liking this game, but this entire Twitter thread is fucking hilarious:

I'm supposed to dislike her but that's pretty funny. Some rare left-right unity in the wild. She is spot on about modern games. Of course, we probably disagree on what to do about it.

Last edited:
From the off you're grammatically challenged so I'm going to assume your comprehension is equally stunted.

You can't ignore both my example and my quantifier of "Feels like" or even the context of the comment I was replying to. So, think before you post and put some effort into a reply or just call me an idiot and throw in some condesending comments and move on with your day.

In the context of what you were responding to you were told it looked desperate to focus on the few negative reviews so you showed there was ONE more. That's still "the few". It FEELS LIKE you're a console warrior, since I said FEELS LIKE you can't really complain here. It's interesting you feel like I was being condescending, though, I mean... did I call YOUR comprehension stunted?

nush

Gold Member
No, this feels like a desperate attempt to prove that the game is actually bad and reviewers were paid give the game a good review.

You're being far too binary about this discussion, my feeling is that it's not "actually bad" and to be perfectly honest it's actually really unusual to make an actual bad game in the league that TLOUII is in. Don't be disingenuous, this games reviews by major outlets isn't getting a "Good" review it's getting a "Perfect" review and they are two very, very different things.

nush

Gold Member
In the context of what you were responding to you were told it looked desperate to focus on the few negative reviews so you showed there was ONE more. That's still "the few". It FEELS LIKE you're a console warrior, since I said FEELS LIKE you can't really complain here. It's interesting you feel like I was being condescending, though, I mean... did I call YOUR comprehension stunted?

OK, you do you. Word of advice, quit with the capslock it does not make you look more right or like someone thoughtful I'd care to engage with further.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
OK, you do you. Word of advice, quit with the capslock it does not make you look more right or like someone thoughtful I'd care to engage with further.

He's likely using those caps to emphasise the words instead of using italics. I use capitals for that reason too. It comes from when writers only had typewriter. They used caps to let the editors know they wanted italics there.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
You're being far too binary about this discussion, my feeling is that it's not "actually bad" and to be perfectly honest it's actually really unusual to make an actual bad game in the league that TLOUII is in. Don't be disingenuous, this games reviews by major outlets isn't getting a "Good" review it's getting a "Perfect" review and they are two very, very different things.

You're accusing major outlets of "shilling". You have proof that's why they gave it a perfect score. People have their opinion and you have yours. I don't know why people are bringing up negative reviews in an attempt to somehow "prove" they're the most accurate ones.

I think Red Dead Redemption 2 is terrible, do you think I go around telling people how much the game sucks and how the low review scores are the real ones?

Moogle11

Banned
I canceled my amazon order to go digital because I’ve seen people post delivery delays. i want to play this Friday morning with a cup of coffee and my husband watching along, and i don’t trust Amazon to deliver it to me before 8pm Friday night

I went digital as well. Especially since I’ll be out of town Saturday to Tuesday evening. Want to be sure to have it to binge on Friday.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I canceled my amazon order to go digital because I’ve seen people post delivery delays. i want to play this Friday morning with a cup of coffee and my husband watching along, and i don’t trust Amazon to deliver it to me before 8pm Friday night

Yeah, I want it the moment it releases. I'm going to search it thoroughly and probably take a good 60 hours in my first playthrough.

nush

Gold Member
People have their opinion and you have yours.

And yet you don't apply that to my opinion.

My issue is with all the perfect scores, if the game really was that perfect there would have been more groundswell way, way before the embargo was up.

Top Bottom