• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

antitrop

I will proudly claim sheep status. I can't wait until I can get my The Last of Us with "teh high settings visuals".

Bought a PS4 last week just for it.

I really dislike the whole "beat the game THEN we'll let you use alternate cosmetic costumes"

A lot of games do this for sake of the story/prerendered scenes but I don't care!

I want my first run with Jak Googles on Ellie.

Same thing for the Batman games, I want to play as Adam West Batman for my first run!

I am fine with LOU on PS4,its not taking away from new games being developed and i like playing all games in one platform. Haven't played it yet but even if i did, i would buy it but not right away. I would wait for a sale on psn.

I will proudly claim sheep status. My PS4 should arrive in a few days and I really don't want to play anything on it until I can get my The Last of Us with "teh high settings visuals".

I'm interested in the commentary most of all. I wonder if it will be like the half life/portal stuff.

I am fine with LOU on PS4,its not taking away from new games being developed and i like playing all games in one platform. Havent played it yet but even if i did i would buy it but now right away. I would wait for a sale on psn.

I'm fine with it too, so long as Sony doesn't go too excessive with the concept, giving us a whole litany of remakes.

One is fine, maye two. That should be it though.

antitrop

I'm interested in the commentary most of all. I wonder if it will be like the half life/portal stuff.

I purposely held off on grabbing Left Behind on my PS3 once the rumors started flying. Will be nice to go through it for the first time with teh high settings visuals.

Not to mention my 2006 fat launch PS3 sounded like it was about to die during every single moment it was cranking out TLoU. So I feel like I can just safely retire that thing to the closet while it still actually works.

You must play Infamous at least. Oh and Resogun - the best game on the system! :p
Yes, I can't wait to play Resogun.

viveks86

Go sit your ass down

ifV8E0bJjUeRR.gif

Christ, no. The little bits of funny stuff in the game is already perfect. Quick moments of levity among such a brutal and depressing atmosphere are far more effective than lame, shoe horned "comedy"

It was just an idea for a separate mode for those looking for an excuse to replay the game but in a whole new way making a parody of itself. Calm down there tiger, it's just the internet.

I'm fine with it too, so long as Sony doesn't go too excessive with the concept, giving us a whole litany of remakes.

One is fine, maye two. That should be it though.

They aren't remakes,just ports with higher resolution. I wouldn't mind an excessive amount as long as it doesn't take away from development. For any of them i would wait for a sale however.

Fasty

Dude, if you're going to make such a fervent push with something, the least you can do is make a ample commitment to it in the future.

AT LEAST, give us some 3D games and BARE MINIMUM 3D Blu-Ray support.

PS4 doesn't have 3D blu-ray support? Unbelievable. This is what makes me fear for Morpheus... their propensity to push hardware and features then abandon them. It should be a requirement that games that suit 3D be in 3D on the PS4 IMO. The Last of Us would be amazing in 3D.

psn

Infamous and resogun are really good titles for the ps4. But I still miss driveclub..

Maybe TLOU can close the gap for me.

They aren't remakes,just ports with higher resolution. I wouldn't mind an excessive amount as long as it doesn't take away from development. For any of them i would wait for a sale however.

Actually it is more than just a port.

-The lighting/shadows has been improved
-The textures have been upgraded
-The models have been supllemented with more polygons and detail
-There have been some gameplay tweaks
-Additional content

Its not a remake I will ackowledge, but it is more than a mere port. That is really a misnomer.

Remaster, as ND has termed it, is the most apt description I guess.

I purposely held off on grabbing Left Behind on my PS3 once the rumors started flying. Will be nice to go through it for the first time with teh high settings visuals.

Not to mention my 2006 fat launch PS3 sounded like it was about to die during every single moment it was cranking out TLoU. So I feel like I can just safely retire that thing to the closet while it still actually works.

Yes, I can't wait to play Resogun.

That's really interesting. You will be able to play TLOU and Left Behind in their chronological order your first run through. I'll probably be doing the same. TLOU main game spoiler:
Start left behind right after Joel gets injured at Colorado university.

Dead

well not really...yet
That's really interesting. You will be able to play TLOU and Left Behind in their chronological order your first run through. I'll probably be doing the same. TLOU main game spoiler:
Start left behind right after Joel gets injured at Colorado university.
I wouldn't recommend it. I think Left Behind works better playing it after having finished the game.

PS4 doesn't have 3D blu-ray support? Unbelievable. This is what makes me fear for Morpheus... their propensity to push hardware and features then abandon them. It should be a requirement that games that suit 3D be in 3D on the PS4 IMO. The Last of Us would be amazing in 3D.

Yeah, you don't heavily advocate a feature so staunchly and then eschew it so abruptly if you are really trying to demonstrate professional and commitment.

However, I guess Sony has other propeities right now they feel they need to devote their time and rescources to. Hopefully, they will get around to it in the near future.

tekrapid

Neo Member
I can't wait to play it on PS4 for the simple fact that it nearly killed my PS3 phat. Got the fan spinning like a jet engine. Thank jeebus for mandatory installs on ps4.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
Never fancied this game when I had a PS3. Will definitely give it a shot on PS4.

I did feel the HD twins were struggling graphically at the end there so I basically stopped buying them. The graphics/performance upgrade is enough for me.

I switched from the 360 too the ps4, So im looking forward too getting a grand version of what was a stellar game, Havent played GTAV either so hopefully they release that for the ps4. Games that are huge AAA games like GTAV or TLOU deserve to be seen as best as they can be and remastered.

DieH@rd

Banned
I switched from the 360 too the ps4, So im looking forward too getting a grand version of what was a stellar game, Havent played GTAV either so hopefully they release that for the ps4. Games that are huge AAA games like GTAV or TLOU deserve to be seen as best as they can be and remastered.

PS users deserve good version of Skyrim. PS3 version was borderline unplayable for such a long time and it never came close to X360 version.

Proponent

Banned
What is that gif from?

That's the new Wolfenstein game from Bethesda people are raving about. It's going to be glorious. Can't wait !

Anyway, I just came to say I'm looking forward to TLOU Remasteted, as well as Metro Redux.

I'm really all about that 60 fps gameplay. I know ND said targeting, but if they can hit and hold that frame rate most of the game, it'll be a day one double dip for me. I'm all about the perfection of art. Otherwise I'll budget buy or just rent it.

The 60 frames is essential to me.

Proponent

Banned
PS users deserve good version of Skyrim. PS3 version was borderline unplayable for such a long time and it never came close to X360 version.

This too, please

If we could get Skyrim in 1080/60 !

With all dlc and dare I dream all mods too for PS4?!

I'd be all over that. Like white on rice. Day One midnight release, calling in sick at work the next day. I'd be hiding away in my cave like Gollum.

Bandit1

^
Thanks guys. I have played through the game a few times so I won't be spoiled. I was just under the assumption that all of Left Behind took place before the main game.
Except the intro of course.

Top Bottom