• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Looks like it might be releasing on June 20 like other website have revealed, Gamefly also shows a June 20 release date. I hope they don't spend to much time on this during the E3 conference, I want to see Uncharted 4 damn it!
Link

S¡mon

Banned
June 20? That's really unacceptable Sony. You promised 'Summer 2014' and instead you are going to release* this on the last day of 'Spring 2014'?!

* If the rumours are correct.

Late June would be pretty optimal for sales # if they can have it ready by then. They'd be dropping it perfectly in between Watch Dogs and all the heavy-hitters starting with Destiny in September.

S¡mon;108299688 said:
June 20? That's really unacceptable Sony. You promised 'Summer 2014' and instead you are going to release* this on the last day of 'Spring 2014'?!

It's an outright lie! Disgraceful...

velociraptor

Well it is a technical achievement that they got it working on consoles. Apparently they really optimized the hell out of it, so they can likely use it in forthcoming games
TressFX is a superfluous graphic feature. It doesn't even look that good. The trade off (resources required versus graphical effect) isn't worth it IMO.

Not once I thought in Tomb Raider "wow, great hair". I would appreciate 60FPS or better particles/lighting/shading way more.

I love seeing this remaster box up on PSN already for pre-order.

They should def. put up screenshots or a video on PSN of the remaster when they unveil it.

June 20th sounds great to me.

May is going to be awesome thanks to MLB : The Show which will take up any time I have.

June could see Diablo 3 / TLOU which would be a nice 1/2 combo. Then any other indie games releasing these next few months.

kyser73

I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere that tressfx could be, or as, used to do some of the environmental animation like the trees & foliage too.

GravyButt

June works great for me. I wish it was next week but I can sit on it a bit longer. Ill be busy with the show ufc wolfenstein and replaying infamous

GeoramA

S¡mon;108299688 said:

Dat Sony arrogance.

Late June would be great as far as I'm concerned. It'd be a great way to highlight TLoU's 1 year anniversary with an updated PS4 version tattooed with that "Over 200 GOTY Awards" emblazoned on the cover.

Freeman

Banned
They made a very good choice with the date of release, people will be thirsty for things to play on their new system in june/july.

Cubed

I'm REALLY excited to simply replay the game and see the graphical enhancements, but I'm probably most excited about being able to finally play Left Behind. I got rid of my PS3 right before the PS4 came out.

Korezo

I can't wait to play this again. Hopefully PD is working on a PS4 release of GT6 for December as well.

Did PD recently say they working on a GT6 ps4 port? Because I recently just went to the gt6 community forum and heard people mention it there to.

Elios83

Did PD recently say they working on a GT6 ps4 port? Because I recently just went to the gt6 community forum and heard people mention it there to.

GT6 has been a bomba because the game is too little too late on a old console, plans for monthly Ps3 DLCs have been clearly scrapped and a GT7 Prologue based on GT6 coming this holiday season is an inevitable necessity to recoup costs.
Polyphony btw already confirmed that GT7 has been in devolopment on Ps4 for a while and the plan was to release it two years after GT6 in the worst case.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
GT6 has been a bomba because the game is too little too late on a old console, plans for monthly Ps3 DLCs have been clearly scrapped and a GT7 Prologue based on GT6 coming this holiday season is an inevitable necessity to recoup costs.
Polyphony btw already confirmed that GT7 has been in devolopment on Ps4 for a while and the plan was to release it two years after GT6 in the worst case.
I had no idea GT6 was such a mess. Polyphony needs to get their shit together.

I had no idea GT6 was such a mess. Polyphony needs to get their shit together.
Polyphony is what happens when a visionary is allowed to run his own company. They need to contract project managers and hire external executives who are immune to passion bursts during product development and perfectionism from the idea guys (or guy in PD's case) and do not grind to a halt over dmallest detail. Sadly we see this happen a lot in Japan studios.

I wonder if they'll throw the deleted cutscene in the game as a bonus? lol

Even if it took a second disk for special features, I'd love to see the "musical" alternate ending, the live filming of the cutscenes, the Grounded: The Making of The Last of Us documentary, the From Dreams: The Making of the Last of Us: Left Behind documentary, and other (maybe new) special features. I know most (if not all) of this content can be viewed on YouTube, I just think it would be great to have all of The Last of Us content in one collection. Plus, the videos would be uncompressed, rather than the compressed video that YouTube offers.

Myansie

GT6 at a rock solid 60fps 1080p, oh and a 3D mode would be awesome. Come to think of it 3D last of us would be great too. Uncharted 3 did it, so the engine already supports it. It might happen.

Cubed

Polyphony is what happens when a visionary is allowed to run his own company. They need to contract project managers and hire external executives who are immune to passion bursts during product development and perfectionism from the idea guys (or guy in PD's case) and do not grind to a halt over dmallest detail. Sadly we see this happen a lot in Japan studios.

It's weird to talk about limiting creativity in a videogame studio, but you're right. There needs to be a balance of business and creativity; plus, it never hurts to get some external input, which project managers and even execs might bring.

Anyway, I really hope we get GT6 or GT7: Prologue on PS4 soon, and that Sony forces it to happen. If any studio needed strict direction and a bit of publisher push, it's PD.

S¡mon

Banned
So Target and Best Buy say June 20. ShopTo and GameStop (IT) say June 27, while GameStop (ES) thinks it is coming June 13?

GT6 at a rock solid 60fps 1080p, oh and a 3D mode would be awesome. Come to think of it 3D last of us would be great too. Uncharted 3 did it, so the engine already supports it. It might happen.

I'd love TLOU in 3D... I won't be expecting it though :(

Would be about the only feature to make this version a must buy for me.

Hmmmm I got this email from Amazon:

Capture.jpg

This is just a placeholder date, right? RIGHT???

Top Bottom