• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

NeoRausch

So I made a new PSN account, NeoGAF_TLoU

If you want to play multiplayer and add GAF people easily, just follow this PSN account. You'll be able to select that account and see all other Gaffers that added it, and add them easily.

Just adapted the already existing DGAF one for this. Took about 4 seconds. Anything else needed?
Enter your info here.

List of PSN IDs.

WHICH ONE? AHHHH!

I'm for the account one from mrklaw. It worked like a charm with trials.

WHICH ONE? AHHHH!

GOz4h58.gif

I never got into the online play much -- it's not my cup of tea -- but I'm surprised how many people are enthusiastic about it.

It's a really, really solid experience. Many MP games are the opposite with how they approach their game: you rush hard. But this is different. Most MP games don't have you utilizing a crouch, or being cautious around turns, or sticking together, or playing a metagame (collecting, building).

Add to the fact that there is no regenerative health, high health, a reviving mechanic, and limited lives, it makes for an incredible experience.

Let's see what they do with the maps. I really don't want the community to be separated again.

I highly doubt they would nickel and dime us with two maps post release.

Anyways, what's everyone's favourite maps?

Lakeside is an instant classic. There is always one map that stands above the rest and becomes instantly recognizable in a MP game, and Lakeside is it for LoU.

Of the new maps, Suburbs (which was supposed to be a Lakeside II), and Coal Mine (for the variety in sniping/CQC)

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
It's a really, really solid experience. Many MP games are the opposite with how they approach their game: you rush hard. But this is different. Most MP games don't have you utilizing a crouch, or being cautious around turns, or sticking together, or playing a metagame (collecting, building).

Add to the fact that there is no regenerative health, high health, a reviving mechanic, and limited lives, it makes for an incredible experience.

I might give it a shot when I've got all the singleplayer trophies.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
WHICH ONE? AHHHH!

I like having a list to see what GAFers I'm playing with since many times the PSN name is different from the GAF name. I also like having the sheet there on my phone for easy access. Just my personal preference though.

Added myself to the google doc, feel free to add me, although I'm a TLOU virgin, so I may suck at MP @ for a bit.

PSN: TKRunningRiot

I might give it a shot when I've got all the singleplayer trophies.

Roll with some Gaffers :)

4 on 4 is pretty damn great when people move as a unit. There are so many rock-paper-scissor moments where you're all killing each other, combined with desperately trying to revive partners and finding health/crafting behind cover to frantically give yourself/team an edge.

I really am happy to see the MP given a second breath of life. Wish ND would either advertise it a bit, or offer it as a standalone on the PSN store (like Uncharted 3).

Lakeside is an instant classic. There is always one map that stands above the rest and becomes instantly recognizable in a MP game, and Lakeside is it for LoU.

Of the new maps, Suburbs (which was supposed to be a Lakeside II), and Coal Mine (for the variety in sniping/CQC)

Favourite Maps: Checkpoint and Wharf
And honorable mentions to The Dam and Bookstore

Palocca

Of the original maps, my favorite is Dam because of its verticality. It seems like most of the battles take place on the walkway at the top of the dam, but there's plenty of opportunity to lay trap bombs everywhere else.

Of the new maps, my favorite is Capitol because of how incredible it looks. Water Tower is another great one because of how simplistic the overall map layout is.

original

I reached the level second to the bottom left @ level 140+ (Because I stopped caring about my clan after reaching level 100. Can't wait to do it all again!

Wow at those gifs. Played the EU version but never really understood what I was missing - I can't go back now.

Anyway, please add me to the list:

PSN: Pluskwamp

EDIT: missed the Google Doc, I'll just go ahead and add myself!

So ready to jump back in to this multiplayer.

Gray Matter

Probably checkpoint and high school.

Please add me to the list!! I am friends with quite a few of you already but I can always use more people to play with!!

PSN: dfoz3

EDIT: Added myself to spreadsheet as well. :)

Checkpoint and Lakeside are excellent and near perfect. Checkpoint creates some of the best shootouts and brawls, conveniently there's a bar. And lakeside is great for sniping and has essentially three unique lanes and interesting spots in each spawn location. Sooo good.

There's a lot of great maps really though. Those two to me just easily take the cake.

Moofers

This might be somewhat of an ignorant question, but would I like the MP in TLoU if I liked Gears' multiplayer? They seem somewhat similar.

That depends. Are talking Gnashers of War or are we talking Gears of War? Because if its wall-bouncing Gnasher-fest that you're thinking of, then no, not at all. But if you're thinking of the regular Gears of War like it used to be played before it was ruined with patches that allowed for that nonsense, then yeah, absolutely.

Teamwork is king, angles and flanking, knowing your enemy's position, and good use of the different tools/weapons are all important parts of the formula. I'm a pretty big Gears fan, though admittedly I dropped VS altogether in favor of Horde from Gears 2 onward, but I used to play the hell out of Gears 1 multiplayer back when the active reload sniper would down a player. Those were the fucking days. It just so happens that I love the TLOU multiplayer, so if any of that rings true to you, you might be just like me and really get into this.

Calmine

PSN: SirCalmine
In UK only from 8pm GMT most eve's.

So can't wait for this! Loved the shit out the PS3 version (like most of you :p)

I guess I have a few tips to add as well since I've played the PS3 version for quite a while:

- Don't sprint (press L2) unless you're sure no one is around - such as at spawn. It lets the enemy know your (and possibly your whole team's) location and they can easily swarm you or flank you. However, this can also be an advantage. You can sprint to get an enemy to follow you and then place some bombs in their path to down them. You can also sprint back to your team if you get into trouble, have the enemy follow you, and they get lit up by your team. Note that if you are in active combat, sprinting doesn't matter as much, since the other team knows where you are already.

- Always mark enemies. You mark enemies by pressing R3 when you're aiming at them. Marking alerts your teammates to where an enemy is on the map. This is especially helpful if you have the Hawk-Eyed 2 or 3 perk, as the enemies light up in red, making their outlines and actions visible to both you and your teammates. There may be enemies you can't mark - as they have the Covert Training 3 perk. If this happens and you're using a mic, tell them where that enemy is. Note that if you are trying to be stealthy and flank another team, you shouldn't mark anyone, as they'll hear your voice marking them and will more or less know where you are.

- Revive carefully but diligently.
- Basics: Frequently, you or your teammates will go into a downed state because they took too much damage. When this happens, you can revive them by holding Triangle over them. This fills up a meter above their head in blue. When it is full, they are revived. Note that the more people you have reviving someone, the faster the meter fills. However, you only have a limited amount of time to start reviving someone, as once the red bar above them runs out, they are dead.

- In combat: You always want to revive your teammates when possible. However, you have to assess the situation before you start to revive someone. If you see enemies rushing toward you, that is not a good time to start reviving someone (unless you have reviver 3). If you see an enemy with a bomb or molotov near you, that is not a good time to start reviving. If your teammate is in open space and there are enemies around, don't revive. If none of that is happening, then reviving is probably safe to do.

- General reviving tips: 1) Crawl behind cover. Your teammates will be less likely to revive you in open space. 2) If you and one enemy down each other, tell your teammates over mic and they will probably come and save you. They won't if they think there are more enemies there and they'll get ambushed. 3) Move the camera around while you're reviving. This will help you see if anyone is coming near you and you can decide whether or not to stop reviving. Note that you cannot shoot or heal yourself when you are reviving someone. You can also get downed in that state.

Alright. That's all I got for now.

ksdixon

So I made a new PSN account, NeoGAF_TLoU

If you want to play multiplayer and add GAF people easily, just follow this PSN account. You'll be able to select that account and see all other Gaffers that added it, and add them easily.

Haven't really poked around in PS4's social features much. How do I 'follow' a PSN user as opposed to adding them as a friend?

Hubb

PSN: Hubbletelecope
GAF: Hubb

Added myself to the spreadsheet. I have a mic and not afraid to use it, but don't mind if people don't use them.

Top Bottom