• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered MP |OT| For the love of god please stop running.

Didn't know where else to ask this, but will Gamestop be willing to accept the game without the box. There's no way I'm letting go of my steelbook lol.

If so, put me down: Da_1_hated_tito

Mentok

Banned
It's a really, really solid experience. Many MP games are the opposite with how they approach their game: you rush hard. But this is different. Most MP games don't have you utilizing a crouch, or being cautious around turns, or sticking together, or playing a metagame (collecting, building).

Add to the fact that there is no regenerative health, high health, a reviving mechanic, and limited lives, it makes for an incredible experience.

Oh man, the way you guys are describing this MP, it's like the MP I've been wanting to play for a LONG time on consoles....seriously, my mind is like....

49095-screaming-reaction-gif--colber-KvOi.gif

I can't wait.

Gaz_RB

Oh man, the way you guys are describing this MP, it's like the MP I've been wanting to play for a LONG time on consoles....seriously, my mind is like....

I can't wait.

It was truly a surprise for me last year. I was like "Oh it will be tacked on and shitty" but in reality it was the multiplayer that I had been longing for.

I can't wait.

I forgot to mention, LIMITED AMMO! For the most part anyway. It's common to run out of ammo, which makes me feel like a badass because I switch to my secondary or start being sneaky. You can buy ammo through your backpack using the in-game points, or find some on bodies/supply boxes, but I just love the fact that, like a lot of the game, you have to be THOUGHTFUL.

It was truly a surprise for me last year. I was like "Oh it will be tacked on and shitty" but in reality it was the multiplayer that I had been longing for.

Honestly, Uncharted's MP was also damn good.. at least before the patch in UC2. UC3 was alright.

I have to hand it to ND for making such a solid co-op/MP experience with UC2, and I'm loving LoU.

Can't wait for UC4 MP, but I really hope they go back to basics.

mtodavk

Oh my...I may have forgotten that this was coming on the 29th, and I'm so ready! Honestly though, I'm really looking forward to playing more of the MP.

Would love to be added to the OP. My PSN name is mtodavk as well.

GavinUK86

I can't wait to try this. Do I need to make.some friends or will it be enjoyable with ransoms.

Depends how much the ransom is ;)

There's bound to be someone from here online at some point (there's enough of us!) so I'm sure you'll make some new friends.

Mentok

Banned
I forgot to mention, LIMITED AMMO! For the most part anyway. It's common to run out of ammo, which makes me feel like a badass because I switch to my secondary or start being sneaky. You can buy ammo through your backpack using the in-game points, or find some on bodies/supply boxes, but I just love the fact that, like a lot of the game, you have to be THOUGHTFUL.
That's what I've REALLY loved from watching videos of it. You can't just hold down and spray, you have to be careful. It doesn't take many bullets to take you down either. In the video I watched, the guy chose to craft the bat with spikes over a molotov, downed a guy and waited for a teammate to come and revive. Then he sprung out, downed the guy with the bat and let the other one bleed out. Damn it was so "Gears" without the bullet sponge.

Anybody ever rock a melee loadout? I had friends tell me I was crazy but it works extremely well. Just don't equip a primary and use one of the free pistols and then make the Machete your purchasable weapon. Then it is tailoring your skills to your liking. I usually go heavy on first aid, brawler, and crafting.

GavinUK86

Anybody ever rock a melee loadout? I had friends tell me I was crazy but it works extremely well. Just don't equip a primary and use one of the free pistols and then make the Machete your purchasable weapon. Then it is tailoring your skills to your liking. I usually go heavy on first aid, brawler, and crafting.

Yeah I actually did that quite often.

I never really looked into the MP for this game, assuming it was just tossed in there like the single player in BF lol. From what ive heard its a better and more engaging version of Gears' MP which for me was probably the second most time i spent playing mp behind Halo last gen. really excited to try it out

One of the best things about the multi is that there's a ton of different possible play styles.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Awwwwwwwww fuckin Yissssssssssss

Probably my favorite/best MP from the last gen. This shit is so golden.. can't wait to get back into it.

Going to rifle ... all of the faces.

Jinjo

Shorty machete combo bro. One shorty blast,
follow up with a single machete slash = instadown. It absolutely wrecks at close range. Get dat agility and marathon runner in there and dance. Even after the machete changes it still works.

Getting so many friendrequests, I'll probably forget who's a gaffer that's in it for tlou. Anyway, hopefully I can show some new people the ropes so we can become a total wrecking crew. :)

I play almost all different styles, cqc brawler to (aggressive) sniper or even support.

My most aggressive new class is collector 2 and executioner 3 combo. Throw in a machine gun, always execute/shiv kill and you can buy a new set of rounds for your machine gun. If not you have the enforcer still. It absolutely wrecks if you keep an execution flow going. High risk but it pays.

Question about pre-order from PSN. I pre-ordered the game today, and I did not receive a receipt. Am I supposed to get one, because the money was taken from my account. I did get an email about funds being added to the wallet though.

thejpfin

Will buying the game from the US PSN enable the gore for me?

And I'll still be able to play with people from EU?

I'm thinking about this too, but wonder if this still have that network pass thing.

IF it has network pass and you buy this game from US store. That network pass gets tied to your US account, which means that you can't use your EU psn account for online TLOU gaming.

This is just my theory.

Do you guys know does this game still have network pass like ps3 version?

I'm thinking about this too, but wonder if this still have that network pass thing.

IF it has network pass and you buy this game from US store. That network pass gets tied to your US account, which means that you can't use your EU psn account for online TLOU gaming.

This is just my theory.

Do you guys know does this game still have network pass like ps3 version?

That program was killed a while ago. I think TLOU was the last game to use it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Haven't really poked around in PS4's social features much. How do I 'follow' a PSN user as opposed to adding them as a friend?
practically I don't think you can - was mixing that up with Xbox one.

Just send a friend request and I'll add you in the morning (going to bed now). Then you can browse 'friends of NeoGAF_TLoU'

Decided to double dip on this after weeks of debating it. I don't have many friends with PS4's yet so I'd love to have some people to team up with in the MP. I'm excited for next week!

GAF: BaraSailey
PSN: BaraSailey

Slixshot

Banned
I want in on this train.

Slixshot: Slixshot

Decided to double dip on this after weeks of debating it. I don't have many friends with PS4's yet so I'd love to have some people to team up with in the MP. I'm excited for next week!

GAF: BaraSailey
PSN: BaraSailey

Add me bro

Does anyone use the DLC skills/weapons? Any worth it?

The loadout I was using on ps3 and will continue to use is based upon the new skills executioner and gunslinger, and the new weapon the enforcer. I usually get about 4 or 5 shiv kills per game which nets me a lot of parts and ammo for my pistol. The new skills and weapons really opened up the opportunity to create some unique loadouts.

Cool. Will join as soon as I get my paycheque :)
Can't wait! This and Destiny will take over August.
Edit: Wishful thinking lol.
Atleast I learned ToX is coming in August.

Not sure I'm getting what the title is referring to...

I assume it is referring to people who sprint into the middle of maps as if they were playing CoD which quickly leads to death and losing the match.

People who run unnecessarily and give away their position (and their teammates) are one of the biggest problems with TLoU. That and the upgraded 2x4 which is the worst design decision in modern gaming.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
What did they change for the machete to finally beat a modded 2x4 ? Does the machete 1 hit kill now or what ? How does it work now when say, you with machete and them with modded 2x4 both start swinging ?

Machete got a new 3-hit combo move. Each hit is not only faster than a modded 2x4 but also interrupts its animation so you should always win this fight as long as your machete doesnt break. Don't forget to mod it

Yeah, I think this is what everyone was expecting, which is why not too many people even bothered playing it.(According to trophy data, less than 45% of everyone who played the game even finished the campaign)

Tagg9

Just quickly put together this graphic for the thread. Feel free to use it in the first post if you want, Gray matter.

gyPGbPT.png

Top Bottom