• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

ClearData

Nice.
Something to do with The Last of Us.
Ellie's Shirt, but alittle different.
Her knife.
Skin looks older...
The Last of Us 2 Announcement?!?!?!
Please please please please

But probably just something less to deflate my hope n dreams..or is it...
Omg..
nah...

*sobs in corner*

There, there. It'll be okay.

Oh we're setting unrealistic expectations for ourselves?

The image is obviously a hint towards a 2 player coop mode called Survival, where Joel and Ellie must survive together in Bill's Town for as many days as they can against increasingly difficult odds, setting traps and scavenging for supplies.

Oh basically a horde/survival mode that everyone's been asking for since forever? Apparently its too good of an idea to actually implement :(

So we just watched Children of Men. That is such a good movie! We watched 28 Weeks Later earlier this week. Getting in that post apocalyptic fix. I think The Road is going to be next.

Oh basically a horde/survival mode that everyone's been asking for since forever? Apparently its too good of an idea to actually implement :(

They have to save something for the sequel. If they don't add it for that then I am just gonna burn the place down!

Codiox

Preordered, but I need mah preload :(

Who in the hell thought that it would clever to not allow preload a 50gb download...jesus

Gaz_RB

Preordered, but I need mah preload :(

Who in the hell thought that it would clever to not allow preload a 50gb download...jesus

This is pretty much why Destiny will be the first digital game I buy on PS4. Preloading is so important for these fatty downloads.

Sid

Nice.
Something to do with The Last of Us.
Ellie's Shirt, but alittle different.
Her knife.
Skin looks older...
The Last of Us 2 Announcement?!?!?!
The game just came out last year and you already want the second one to be announced?

Linconan

Dem unrealistic expectations.
Or maybe i'm just sick of hearing of the yearly releases of click click bang bang every fucking year, and want to hear of something with abit more my style yeah.
I'm not looking for a release date.. I just want an announcement for it hahah
:p

And you can file it under with,
Uncharted 4 (done)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (...)
The Last of Us 2 (...)

*goes back daydreaming*

Or maybe i'm just sick of hearing of the yearly releases of click click bang bang every fucking year, and want to hear of something with abit more my style yeah.
I'm not looking for a release date.. I just want an announcement for it hahah
:p

And you can file it under with,
Uncharted 4 (done)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (...)
The Last of Us 2 (...)

*goes back daydreaming*

Red Dead Redemption 2 is happening. I know it. I feel it. It HAS TO BE.

Linconan

Red Dead Redemption 2 is happening. I know it. I feel it. It HAS TO BE.
*nods*
Of course it has to be.....
They'd be stupid not too.
And they fucking better, it's one of my fav games. lol.
Second only to The Last of Us, and just in front of the Uncharted series (for my own preference).

stryke

Really? My mistake - I know they have Guerilla Cambridge but I didn't realize their flagship studio had 2 full teams. That's interesting - consider me hyped for a potential Gamescom reveal! :D

I'm not so sure if they're full teams per se, probably one skeleton team and then one full production team.

Wowsers, sounds awesome!

What about respawning bricks and bottles in a battle? Has that gone too? Would make some of the areas very challenging...

Wowsers, sounds awesome!

What about respawning bricks and bottles in a battle? Has that gone too? Would make some of the areas very challenging...

I believe bricks and bottles are pretty much the same. They're your best friends in that mode since you need to save your ammo until you really need it.

murgo

30 minutes without a new post. Is the hype dying?

tumblr_lht5tkqdKD1qdlkgg.gif

Damn what an amazing shot! I think we got the opening shot for the soon to come screenshot thread, we should put it in the OP as an inspiration for others to top :)

I actually am using a different one as the header. That will be in the OP though, credited to Arne & Neil (how did I forget the person that composed it?).

Here is the header at 500x200 for teasing purposes:
14727004234_ab084e9f80.jpg

arne

All this talk of Ashley Johnson got me wondering, do we know WHO is going to be on the commentary track? Is it going to be Druckman by himself? I'd love a mix of both the actors and designers.

Man, I say all these things during our press tour and nobody writes about them? What do I pay them for? (kidding!)

Commentary track is Troy, Ashley, and Neil -- all recorded after PS3 development wrapped up. Actually, funny story is that was the first time Troy and Ashley had seen the final completed cutscenes as it would be shown in the game.

Yes. All difficulties unlocked, can also play Left Behind immediately

Cool. I got all the SP trophies on PS3 (including Left Behind), looking forward to going through that again, and might venture into MP this time too. Although I will have to have done it by the time Destiny comes out.

Man, I say all these things during our press tour and nobody writes about them? What do I pay them for? (kidding!)

Commentary track is Troy, Ashley, and Neil -- all recorded after PS3 development wrapped up. Actually, funny story is that was the first time Troy and Ashley had seen the final completed cutscenes as it would be shown in the game.
I...I was to busy rewatching the hypeplane gif over and over again. But your work at 1AM will not go unnoticed tonight! This commentary sounds like it's gonna be great. I'm looking forward to their first reactions. Thanks Arne :)

I want to buy this again just for the multiplayer because i have nothing really going on at that end. But i feel like Destiny is going to come along and obliterate any online presence anyways.

My friend and I had a great send off for TLOU on PS3 last night. I got the trophy for finishing the other 12 weeks. This game has one of the best multiplayer of all time. Nothing is more fun and hilarious than being down by 2 unlocks in interrogation and sneaking around the map like solid snake for a surprise victory. People get so mad.

Sounds great, will it have subtitles too?

Grounded mode has no checkpoints??!

Holy fuck! Bring it On!!!!

Edit:

I thought that this game had absolutely no pre-loading. Or does pre-loading really only apply to those who buy it through eu psn?

EU PSN has had preloads since forever, although I don't know abt PS4 games.

Gurish

I actually am using a different one as the header. That will be in the OP though, credited to Arne.

Here is the header at 500x200 for teasing purposes:
14727004234_ab084e9f80.jpg
That's also looks good! Looking forward to this thread.

And you should also credit Neil for that pic, after all he is the one that made it :)

Gurish

Both will be. After all Arne was the one who "took" it and uploaded. Neil was composition.
Yup :)

Did ND specified what photo mode will include? Neil's pic seems to have lots of added effects, the IQ looks wonderful, if it includes enhancements like Forza or GT photo mode that added AA and better lighting maybe there needs to be some limit on those.

Personally i prefer as close to in game visuals as possible, no more than Infamous photo mode effects (that included only DOF)

Yup :)

Did ND specified what photo mode will include? Neil's pic seems to have lots of added effects, the IQ looks wonderful, if it includes enhancements like Forza or GT photo mode that added AA and better lighting maybe there needs to be some limit on those.

Personally i prefer as close to in game visuals as possible, no more than Infamous photo mode effects (that included only DOF)

They've said that it's similar to the one in inFamous. GT's photomode is a lot more flexible since it's meant to emulate what's possible with a DSLR camera.

Top Bottom