• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

StuBurns

Banned
I'd just like to know the differences apart from the graphics and frame rate that's all.
There aren't any.

It includes most of the DLC, there are audio commentaries on cutscenes, all difficulties are unlocked from the start, etc, but with regards to the core game nothing's been changed.

Really like the depth in this shot.

iw6nvyKt3S0zd.jpg

Raptor

Saw some gameplay on the PlayLive thingy,
got spoiled by a controllable character for fucks sakes man!

I already almost knew that but jeez.

Alienous

Saw some gameplay on the PlayLive thingy,
got spoiled by a controllable character
for fucks sakes man!

If you don't investigate, it probably won't change your experience that much.

But people could read into your post, so you might want to tag it.

Liamario

Banned
Man, I say all these things during our press tour and nobody writes about them? What do I pay them for? (kidding!)

Commentary track is Troy, Ashley, and Neil -- all recorded after PS3 development wrapped up. Actually, funny story is that was the first time Troy and Ashley had seen the final completed cutscenes as it would be shown in the game.

Is the commentary over gameplay as well, or is just cutscenes? Obviously they can't comment on my personal gameplay, but perhaps some chat about the area the player is in et al.

jett

D-Member
What are you doing watching a stream of a game you haven't played? And then you proceed to complain about spoilers? lolz.

Andrew.

Banned
Saw some gameplay on the PlayLive thingy, got spoiled by a controllable character for fucks sakes man!

Why are you doing this to yourself?

Seriously, it's probably a good idea to stay away from anything TLOU related until Tuesday or even after (and yes that includes this thread).

To those who have the game already....

In Factions MP what items are listed under the DLC option ?

And is Bandit Mask already available to buy?

Bandit Mask looks like this (ignore the hat):

udr3qe6ll

Why the hell is anyone watching/viewing ANYTHING....be it a thread, article, YT video, twitch stream, of a game they haven't played? Especially after managing to avoiding any spoilers for over a year? Crazy people.

Oh I've seen it already. I agree, it is not the greatest but it really does hit that same dark, gritty tone as The Last of Us IMO. Being a parent though it kicks me square in the pants. Basically the whole movie I can't help but imagine how I would handle the same scenario.

Unfortunately I don't think there are any decent post apocalyptic/pandemic type movies I haven't seen. I could really use some fresh meat!

If you haven't seen it yet, I'd recommend Dawn of the Planet of the Apes while its still in theaters. It's a great movie, and the visual style reminds me a lot of The Last of Us.

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member
There aren't any.

It includes most of the DLC, there are audio commentaries on cutscenes, all difficulties are unlocked from the start, etc, but with regards to the core game nothing's been changed.

Are the audio commentaries on by default or do you have to turn them on?

Meneses

Probably asked before, but is it ok to start the game on Hard instead of Normal? (for an experienced player, that is)

My first playthrough was on Hard and it was fine, only a couple frustrating spots.

Actually, now that I think of it, i've never used Listen Mode outside of Multiplayer, so I can't really say if it makes much of a difference in Single Player difficulty (I imagine it would make it a bit easier).

antitrop

Fighting about what?

I'm just happy console games have AF now. PS3 version textures would have turned to blurry shit by the fire hydrant.

I'll get the PS4 500Go TLOUR Bundle next week.

Best bundle quality-wise right now, and although I wanted a Destiny bundle at first, if it meant getting the normal version with it I decided against the idea, and switched to instead get the console now and Destiny as a Limited Edition.

First time I'll actually play the game for myself too (already saw someone play, though).

Andrew.

Banned
I dunno, Watch_Dogs is the only PS4 game I've played.

That kinda sucks, but then again there ain't much out there on the system that would really appeal to you in my opinion.

Like, I'm sure you arent chompin at the bit to play Knack or Shadow Fall and everything else you could grab on Steam if you wanted i.e. Transistor.

You should definitely give Second Son a shot though when the price drops considerably.

antitrop

That kinda sucks, but then again there ain't much out there on the system that would really appeal to you in my opinion.

Like, I'm sure you arent chompin at the bit to play Knack or Shadow Fall and everything else you could grab on Steam if you wanted i.e. Transistor.

You should definitely give Second Son a shot though when the price drops considerably.
I bought a PS4 mostly for TLoU: R and exclusives, because most multiplats I'll just be picking up on PC.

If you haven't seen it yet, I'd recommend Dawn of the Planet of the Apes while its still in theaters. It's a great movie, and the visual style reminds me a lot of The Last of Us.

Now that is one I haven't seen! I don't get the opportunity to get out to theaters very often. I will see if I can in this instance though. :)

Is it still in peoples asses?

Only those lucky who were able to get early insertion from broken street dates. Those of us who preordered digitally have to wait until sometime after midnight it goes SIMFA.

NeoRausch

Got a mail from amazon that wasn't directed to my "ads"-folder and I've gone all" OH shit, oh shit, OH SHIIIIIT!!! THEY SEND IT OUT EARLY! DAMM!"

Opened the mail: "hey yo, wanna rate that Destiny Beta, duuuude?"

:(

Top Bottom