• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story & Pandora's Tower confirmed for Europe

the-iek

From the official page of Nintendo Germany:

Sie freuen sich schon auf den Start von „Xenoblade Chronicles“? Das actiongeladene Rollenspiel (RPG) wird am 19. August exklusiv für die Wii erscheinen. Außerdem können Sie bald noch zwei weitere neue RPGs exklusiv auf der Wii erleben: 2012 kommen „The Last Story“ und „Pandora's Tower“ in Europa für die Wii auf den Markt.

TL;don't understand shit: Last Story and Pandora's Tower coming to Europe in 2012.

http://www.nintendo.de/NOE/de_DE/ne...2011_noch_erscheinenden_spiele_vor_44323.html

zlatko

Banned
Please NoA step your shit up and get these two along with Xeno. No way in hell I'm missing out on a Guchi game though. Will import/pay whatever absurd prices necessary to play Last Story.

MYE

471173_o.gif
471173_o.gif
471173_o.gif

471173_o.gif
471173_o.gif
471173_o.gif

Oh cool, now Reggie can see how well they perform in Europe and if we're lucky we might see them in NA in 2013. At least Nintendo admires our passion or something.

Thoraxes

Nora Kisaragi said:
It's kind of like when your puppy dies when you're little and, not understanding the concept of death yet, you beg your parents to bring back your forever lost dog.

Will definitely import day-1 for these. I imported the Japanese versions too, but to have it in (or at least with some text) English would be a break for my still learning brain.

Alrus

Hope they give us some great packaging for Last Story. That Japanese boxart was amazing!

Great news, I'll pick up both. Even though Pandora's Tower looks a bit janky (if I had to choose a lower budget nintendo game I would have picked Zangeki no Reginleiv).

moozoom

Some pretty good news just before picking up my Xenoblade copy later today...

NOE, I love you. ( That almost make up for letting us wait 4 years for animal crossing gamecube in Pal land)

It's been a looong time time since I played a rpg on something else than my DS.

Wasn't this already know? Or just not "officially" announced, I guess?

Anyway, given Xenoblade was the game I was least interested in in the whole Rainfall thing and I already ordered it (which means modding is right around the corner), I'm already ready to import these two as well. Nintendo of America has to be the most foolish big video game publisher in existence right now.

Shiggy

PixyJunket said:
Wasn't this already know? Or just not "officially" announced, I guess?

Anyway, given Xenoblade was the game I was least interested in in the whole Rainfall thing and I already ordered it (which means modding is right around the corner), I'm already ready to import these two as well. Nintendo of America has to be the most foolish big video game publisher in existence right now.

It's just now officially announced.

NoA has not said that they aren't bringing these two titles over.

Japanese boxart is a good chance but expect very minor changes though just to annoy people (they added clouds and changed the zoom slightly on Xenoblade, DQ VI had slightly different character placement and world map was a different part of it).

Now for some dates *waits 5 months*.

ConradCervantes said:
Congrats, EuroGAF. I'll probably import later when they're less expensive. Wii is all home-brewed and ready to go.
Just remember you run the risk of retailers that ship to you not having any stock and the savings might only be 33%-50%. So depends on priorities really.

RPGCrazied

If Zavvi does good with my Xenoblade order, I'll be doing Last Story from them. Don't think I'm all that interested in Pandora's Tower.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Excellent. A bit too late. But better late than never.

So... Dragon Quest X for 2013? ;_;

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/slsj/movie/index.html

To remind people why it's good news.

It's essentially the polar opposite of Xenoblade. From everything I've read and seen I would describe it a bit like a Japanese Fantasy Mass Effect 2 since a lot of it is streamlined. It seems that we only get to explore the - absolutely massive - hub city rather than a huge vast open world and outside that visit action and story areas, dungeons, and things like that - the castle itself is probably as big as some cities in other RPGs - much like we visit the different planets in Mass Effect 2, but with its own twists to make up for the lack of Bioware's multiple story paths and such, though I believe you get some choice on what areas to tackle first later on. The seamless battles are also unique and it too uses things like tanking and agro systems, in different ways to Xenoblade, while there are stealth, cover, and environmental destruction mechanics included in the mix alongside the various cool spell based functions. You still only mainly control one character (who can auto attack similarly to Xenoblade or require button presses to execute his moves) but you can also bring up a top down tactical view to occasionally order your teammates to do specific tasks, such as targeting a collapsible bridge with their spells. Your armor pieces and weapons affect the characters' appearance, and they show in the many real time cut scenes, again a lot like Xenoblade, though you can also customise the color and remove bits and pieces without affecting their stats. The game also includes a few online PvP and PvE modes, and I think a well implemented New Game + function. Another detail worth mentioning is that the characters will chat to each other during gameplay, which might sound annoying to those playing Xenoblade at the moment, but the Japanese version at least used it as part of building up the story and mood with many, many unique lines of recorded dialougue rather than just constant repeating of battle cries. I can't wait!

jRPG

Nice to have them officially announced, even if they were confirmed by someone so high up. 2012 is going to be a great year for JRPG fans. Graces too :D

mclem

BanditKing said:
Project Rainfall only works in PAL.

Xenoblade was confirmed and the other two were strongly rumoured before Project Rainfall even began. In fact, PAL getting them was a primary instigator *for* Project Rainfall.

Alrus

Netto-kun said:
I wonder if they are planning to add this as a pre-order bonus or not.

If it's in store exclusive again I can kiss that soundtrack goodbye :( Belgian store never do in-store pre order bonuses :/

Wazzim

Banned
Alrus said:
If it's in store exclusive again I can kiss that soundtrack goodbye :( Belgian store never do in-store pre order bonuses :/
Can't you order/get it from a Dutch store? Those have pre-order bonusses.

Zwei

zlatko said:
Please NoA step your shit up and get these two along with Xeno.

I know, man, they're embarrassing us in front of the Europeans. First the whole S&P thing, and now this.. :(

wrowa

LiK said:
Got good reviews, iirc
And rather mediocre word of mouth.

On MK2 (what many GAFers like using to point out how well Xenoblade was received in Japan) it scored a meager average of 58/100.

Top Bottom