• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story & Pandora's Tower confirmed for Europe

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Not totally convinced Last Story is not coming to America, and I'm not interested in Pandora's Tower.

If NA doesn't get Last Story I'll probably import eventually. Not as interested in that as Xenoblade though.

And poor Earth Seeker still gets left out in the cold :(
IIRC that game bombed in Japan and didn't review too great, although I might be mistaken. It's no wonder nobody would want to pick it up if that's the case (it's also not a Nintendo game like the others mentioned).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Thank god my Wii is softmodded. Already played Xenoblade through in Japanese, but I never picked up Last Story or Pandora. Looking forward to it!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Syril said:
The Last Story has been out in Japan for a while, right? Is it any good?

The consensus amongst people who played it here was that it was relatively engaging initially, but more action-oriented and not as deep as people had hoped. Quite a few people got pretty far in the game here but very few reported finishing it. So I would say it was considered good, but not quite as excellent as Xenoblade.

Myriadis

Warrior_Keoni said:
Congratulations Europe! Play the hell out of these games while NoA continues to become the laughingstock.

NoE was worse than NoA in every previous generation.And even in this generation we got some games several months later,like Kirby and SSBB.I really wonder what happened at NoE.

Lethality

Welp! Time to move to Europe.

NoA... Fuck you! :mad:
c713e22fed93ed580e96b2ce0bb53f0a7a9e531f.gif

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ReiGun said:
Man fuck it. I'm going to have to figure out how to mod my Wii. Fucking NoA.

Do it right now. It will take you literally less than ten minutes, and you don't need any games or anything to do it. All you need is a Wii-compatible SD card.

How to Homebrew your Wii
Boot up your Wii. Fully update it, make sure you have the latest system update. Done?

Once that is done, click settings, go to the second page. Click Internet, click Console Information. Write down the 12 letter/number digits you see (your Wii's MAC address).

Go here in your PC's web browser:
http://please.hackmii.com/

- 4.3U
- Type the digits in
- Leave "bundle Hackmii Installer" checked
- Click either "Cut the Red Wire" or "Cut the Blue Wire".

Download the zip file you get. Copy the contents of the zip file to your SD card (private folder, boot.elf). Stick the SD card in your Wii. Check your Wii's messages (bottom right). If there's no message today, check yesterday or the day before. Click on the Letterbomb message (red envelope, bomb).

Install the Homebrew channel by following the prompts, don't worry about anything else.

It's been less than 5 minutes and you have a Homebrewed Wii.

How to play region-free games on a Homebrewed Wii
Download this:
http://geckodownloads.googlecode.com/files/gecko1931.zip

Unzip onto the SD card (in the apps/Gecko1931 folder, obviously).

Launch Homebrew Channel, launch Gecko OS, from here you can now launch games outside your region. If you're on an SDTV/composite/480i and playing a European game you might need to fiddle with different video mode patches (Force NTSC, VIDTV) for certain games but these are easy to try.

udivision

Stumpokapow said:
Do it right now. It will take you literally less than ten minutes, and you don't need any games or anything to do it. All you need is a Wii-compatible SD card..
Does this work like Smash-Stack so my Wii won't be permantly modded?

desu

Syril said:
The Last Story has been out in Japan for a while, right? Is it any good?

First off I liked the game. However there was something that happened before Last Story and that was Xenoblade. I always thought of XB as a game to entertain me a little before TLS comes out, well it turned out in a rather different way. When I played TLS I was constantly comparing it to XB and in therefor it was probably not as awesome as it might have been to me if I hadnt played Xenoblade.

However, TLS also was a lot of fun to me. Lots of interesting concept (Fighting System + Online Multiplayer). I liked the world even though the color palett was a little meh (for me). In the end it probably comes down to taste. But you should check it out for sure.

atre324 said:
And poor Earth Seeker still gets left out in the cold :(

The game bombed hard and its nothing more than mediocre, however there will probably be a translation patch (well the project for the patch has started already), so that problem is solved.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
udivision said:
Does this work like Smash-Stack so my Wii won't be permantly modded?

It is possible to remove virtually every trace of homebrew if you choose to, although it's not even possible to be totally 100% forensically clean.

I'm not sure why you think the Smash exploit is "not permanent", but the two are equally as permanent in the sense that they are persistent until removed.

Jomjom

Banned
Yes!!!

Screw NoA. I'm just going to buy all Wii games from NoE, even when they are released here in the US.

udivision

Stumpokapow said:
It is possible to remove virtually every trace of homebrew if you choose to, although it's not even possible to be totally 100% forensically clean.

I'm not sure why you think the Smash exploit is "not permanent", but the two are equally as permanent in the sense that they are persistent until removed.
I mean, I have to do SmashStack everytime I want to Brawl+. I was asking if this was the same thing.

Stumpokapow said:

I think udivision is using Smash Stack to run Gecko OS rather the homebrew channel installer. I guess the same can be done with letterbomb and its less effort than booting a game each time but could still be a pain in months to come (as the letterbomb message will get further and further away).

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Oh, fuck yes. Yes!

I like having games to play on my Wii, especially games other faraway countries say are good. Playing games is fun and instils a sense of customer satisfaction in the product I have purchased. With money. I'm glad Nintendo of Europe still understand this concept in some respect. :D

Jomjom

Banned
I hate how the Wii continues to sell in the US. NoA should not be rewarded for their idiotic practices and decisions.

As I asked in the other thread on this topic, does anyone know when NoA will release its 2012 schedule? Or how releasing no games whatsoever during that time period could possibly be a better strategy than putting out games that a different branch is already putting the requisite time, money and effort into localizing?

Jomjom

Banned
Can people here recommend the best/cheapest place to import these games?

Stumpokapow said:
New disc-less mod instructions.

So if my Wii is currently modded via the old SSBB method, should I re-do it all over with this method or is there no difference?

Basically, is this like PSP modding, where it's a new version of the mod with new benefits or simply just another, easier method for getting homebrew on the Wii in the first place?

Nix

Banned
Wow. I'm just sending all my money to Europe these days~

Oh, and your games go out of print too goddamn fast!

Netto-kun

Alrus said:
If it's in store exclusive again I can kiss that soundtrack goodbye :( Belgian store never do in-store pre order bonuses :/
A mini artbook is also included in that package. And I feel your pain with store exclusives, same situation with Norwegian stores.

Phoenix's Rage said:
Any impressions of these two games from importers? Bigger deals than Xenoblade?

desu said:
First off I liked the game. However there was something that happened before Last Story and that was Xenoblade. I always thought of XB as a game to entertain me a little before TLS comes out, well it turned out in a rather different way. When I played TLS I was constantly comparing it to XB and in therefor it was probably not as awesome as it might have been to me if I hadnt played Xenoblade.

However, TLS also was a lot of fun to me. Lots of interesting concept (Fighting System + Online Multiplayer). I liked the world even though the color palett was a little meh (for me). In the end it probably comes down to taste. But you should check it out for sure.

Magnus

Stumpokapow said:
Do it right now. It will take you literally less than ten minutes, and you don't need any games or anything to do it. All you need is a Wii-compatible SD card.

How to Homebrew your Wii
Boot up your Wii. Fully update it, make sure you have the latest system update. Once that is done, click settings, go to the second page. Click Internet, click Console Information. Write down the 12 letter/number digits you see (your Wii's MAC address).

Go here in your PC's web browser:
http://please.hackmii.com/

- 4.3U
- Type the digits in
- Leave "bundle Hackmii Installer" checked
- Click either "Cut the Red Wire" or "Cut the Blue Wire".

Download the zip file you get. Copy the contents of the zip file to your SD card (private folder, boot.elf). Stick the SD card in your Wii. Check your Wii's messages (bottom right). If there's no message today, check yesterday or the day before. Click on the Letterbomb message (red envelope, bomb).

Install the Homebrew channel by following the prompts, don't worry about anything else.

It's been less than 5 minutes and you have a Homebrewed Wii.

How to play region-free games on a Homebrewed Wii
Download this:
http://geckodownloads.googlecode.com/files/gecko1931.zip

Unzip onto the SD card (in the apps/Gecko1931 folder, obviously).

Launch Homebrew Channel, launch Gecko OS, from here you can now launch games outside your region. If you're on an SDTV/composite/480i and playing a European game you might need to fiddle with different video mode patches (Force NTSC, VIDTV) for certain games but these are easy to try.

It's just that easy? No chance of bricking/screwing things up and losing VC downloads, game saves in memory, etc?

I'm paranoid about screwing around with it because in the event of an accident, due to the lack of an account system (thanks Nintendo), I'd lose access to all my VC games (only about 15 total, but damn, that's a lot of money).

Anyway, this is wonderful news. This essentially means all three games everyone's been going crazy about are going to be available in English, si?

Boney

Banned
Magnus said:
It's just that easy? No chance of bricking/screwing things up and losing VC downloads, game saves in memory, etc?

I'm paranoid about screwing around with it because in the event of an accident, due to the lack of an account system (thanks Nintendo), I'd lose access to all my VC games (only about 15 total, but damn, that's a lot of money).

Anyway, this is wonderful news. This essentially means all three games everyone's been going crazy about are going to be available in English, si?
I remember Clipper saying that the only real chance of getting a brick is downloading illegal roms or turning the system off manually while doing the stuff, (meaning that a power break wouldn't harm it?)

So yeah the stuff is available in english for anybody that wants to import really.

randomkid

I still can't believe that Pandora's Tower is coming out in English. Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Poor Zangeki. And poor Captain Rainbow, but that likely masterpiece never had a chance to begin with sadly.

MechaX

Wow, it looks like my Wii is going to be getting attention from all three Operation Rainfall titles this year. Xenoblade cannot arrive at my house soon enough.

Boney

Banned
MechaX said:
Wow, it looks like my Wii is going to be getting attention from all three Operation Rainfall titles this year. Xenoblade cannot arrive at my house soon enough.
next year

Top Bottom