• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story & Pandora's Tower confirmed for Europe

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Magnus said:
It's just that easy?

yes

No chance of bricking/screwing things up and losing VC downloads, game saves in memory, etc?

no chance

Anyway, this is wonderful news. This essentially means all three games everyone's been going crazy about are going to be available in English, si?

yes

jling84 said:
So if my Wii is currently modded via the old SSBB method, should I re-do it all over with this method or is there no difference?

no difference, don't re-do it.

it's just about installing the homebrew channel in the first place. once that's there, everything else is exactly identical. this method is preferable because it works on all regions and doesn't require a game, versus previous methods which were version or region specific and often required a game.

Jomjom

Banned
Magnus said:
It's just that easy? No chance of bricking/screwing things up and losing VC downloads, game saves in memory, etc?

I'm paranoid about screwing around with it because in the event of an accident, due to the lack of an account system (thanks Nintendo), I'd lose access to all my VC games (only about 15 total, but damn, that's a lot of money).

Anyway, this is wonderful news. This essentially means all three games everyone's been going crazy about are going to be available in English, si?

I would think so. Making the Wii region-free even before this method was super easy. By far the easiest to make region-free since I cut those two tabs off of my SNES to play JP carts.

Yazuka

Hot damn... Nintendo of Europe is on a roll, we'll it feels nice that we are remembered in Europe from time to time. This is awesome news, now I more of less need to get a Wii.

Jomjom

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
read thread :p

Hey Stump? Didn't see a response to my question earlier.

If I already have my Wii modded using the previous SSBB method, should I still do it again using the method you posted? Is there any difference?

Damn you Europe!!! Well laugh while you still can because I got... umm... I got... Fire Emblem Shin Monshou no Nazo Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu and you don't! So ha! HA! What do you say to that?

Ij3b6.jpg

udivision

I wonder if there will be any chance of bomba...
Not bad bomba, but good bomba. The kind that let's me play TLS and Xeno for a total of $70 or something. Considering the story behind things games, this is kind of a bad thing to hope for, but whatever.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jling84 said:

If I already have my Wii modded using the previous SSBB method, should I still do it again using the method you posted? Is there any difference?

post 101

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
jling84 said:

No difference, once it's modded it's modded. You don't have to do anything else with it until the next firmware update.

Damn you Europe!!! Well laugh while you still can because I got... umm... I got... Fire Emblem Shin Monshou no Nazo Hikari to Kage no Eiyuu and you don't! So ha! HA! What do you say to that?
The fact it didn't get listed actually makes me feel better about the JP import I ordered last week.

Aeana

Yeah, hacking the Wii has literally no downsides, and is risk-free as long as you don't dive into installing custom channels (besides Homebrew Channel) and other such things that you just do not need to do if all you want to do is play import games.

Just do it and import.

Oh God yes. I've been praying for Last Story for so long.

To be honest though, I never had an interest in Xenoblade but after all the stuff I've read this week...I might just pick up a copy on Friday.

Zwei

I'm pretty confident that the Last Story will receive some sort of special edition treatment.

My wallet weeps.

Here's the English copy.

NoE said:
Those who are anticipating the impending launch of Xenoblade Chronicles, the action-packed role playing game (RPG) exclusive to Wii launching on 19th August, will soon get to experience two new RPGs exclusively for Wii, as The Last Story and Pandora’s Tower will both be making their European debut on Wii in 2012.

Well, great. There's some more new stuff in there, but I don't think any of it is worth a new thread. Specifically, Zen Pinball 3D and the VC releases of Super Mario Land 2 and Metroid 2.

Top Bottom