• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

We can hope the emulator fixes many of the wiiu versión issues, i can't believe Nintendo made a crappy version of a game, does this have happened before?

I mean, the WiiU version is not that smooth, but it's far (really far) from being a "crappy version". Especially considering the game's huge scale.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
HERE I COME
1235047774_champagne.gif

TacoBurgos

Neo Member
I mean, the WiiU version is not that smooth, but it's far (really far) of being a "crappy version". Especially considering the game's huge scale.
I mean I haven't seen any of the wiiu footage, but that gamekult impressions sounds like it is an awfull version, hopefully they are just exaggerating.

Dremorak

Banned
I think we should have a thread to talk about stuff related to the first 7 hours, no spoilers, except mechanics not related to story, wildlife in the plateau and one region out...

Yes I am being sarcastic, these new threads are getting ridiculous

Regginator

Man, the Switch version has sharper graphics, a further draw distance, and probably a more consistent frame-rate. But there's no chance I'll get the Switch at launch, or several months after, so I only have the Wii U to play this for the foreseeable future :(

Should I just get it on the Wii U, and risk a slightly less good (if at all) first-time experience, or wait until I get the Switch around autumn/winter this year?

Man, the Switch version has sharper graphics, a further draw distance, and probably a more consistent frame-rate. But there's no chance I'll get the Switch at launch, or several months after, so I only have the Wii U to play this for the foreseeable future :(

Should I just get it on the Wii U, and risk a slightly less good (if at all) first-time experience, or wait until I get the Switch around autumn/winter this year?
Play it now.

Coffinhal

Get it on Wii U then on Switch later this year (if you often replay your games) ?

Anyway just play it if you want to play it, a few jaggies and framerate drops won't stop you from enjoying it.

heringer

If I were in your position, I would definitely play it.

I don't have a WiiU and I don't want to buy a Switch just for Zelda, but I'm hyped as hell. I really don't know what to do. :(

Also, apparently the draw distance is the same? I don't know where people are getting that it's better on Switch.

LotusHD

Banned

Just get it now then. No way would I wait that long just to play one game.

Mistle

WOW at the Hyrule Castle theme. Seriously wow. I ain't listening to any more though lol..

Any doubts over music people had should thoroughly be quashed.

I don't have a WiiU and I don't want to buy a Switch just for Zelda, but I'm hyped as hell. I really don't know what to do. :(

Also, apparently the draw distance is the same? I don't know where people are getting that it's better on Switch.

Especially given the fact the prices here (you know where) won't make Switch an affordable device at all

KrawlMan

Just get it now then. No way would I wait that long just to play one game.

Agreed. The Wii U might be punching a bit above its weight here, but I doubt it's anywhere near unplayable. Most accounts have said the intro area is the roughest bit, and that's what Gamekult was judging.

Dives

Neo Member

Wii U: http://i.imgur.com/8Gg3tYN.jpg
Switch: http://i.imgur.com/wngT99H.jpg

Open both in new tabs and flip back and forth. A lot of distant trees aren't rendered and the volcano is just a silhouette with no visible lava flows. A good amount of the terrain seems smoothed out as well.

http://img.newyx.net/newspic/image/201701/23/52ce951519.jpg
This one really speaks for itself.

mugwhump

Wii U: http://i.imgur.com/8Gg3tYN.jpg
Switch: http://i.imgur.com/wngT99H.jpg

Open both in new tabs and flip back and forth. A lot of distant trees aren't rendered and the volcano is just a silhouette with no visible lava flows. A good amount of the terrain seems smoothed out as well.

http://img.newyx.net/newspic/image/201701/23/52ce951519.jpg
This one really speaks for itself.

I don't think we know whether those Wii U screens are from the final build. The last comparison I know is from those Amazon JP pictures.

Agreed. The Wii U might be punching a bit above its weight here, but I doubt it's anywhere near unplayable. Most accounts have said the intro area is the roughest bit, and that's what Gamekult was judging.

Gamekult did judge more. They said the Switch version would run fine if you leave the plateau. Wii U version has problems also in cutscenes and when physics come into play.

Hattori

Banned
I was considering on getting the Wii U version as a collectors item, but if it's as bad as the impressions say, I'm going to hold off

Charamiwa

Banned
so essentially this is not a twilight princess situation and that one version is clearly superior to the other?

I think so because they're identical for the most part, and then the Switch is more powerful (and it's a better piece of hardware, let's face it).

Fuck I wanna click the OST spoiler so bad ahhhhh. Im as hyped for the soundtrack as I am for the game itself 😫😫😫

That Wii U performance thread got pretty toxic pretty fast, the small clips I've seen from the Wii U version look perfectly playable.
I am sure it is.
It depends on how picky you are and your standards when it comes to stuff like that.
I don't see it as Bayonetta PS3 versus the 360 version though.

Top Bottom