• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

I am sure it is.
It depends on how picky you are and your standards when it comes to stuff like that.
I don't see it as Bayonetta PS3 versus the 360 version though.

Yeah I'm by no means frame rate sensative and I know it bothers some people a lot. I doubt Breath of the Wild runs worse on Wii U because of a lack of optimisation though, it's a very ambitious game.

Greenymac

Where have you seen this?

I also saw the same for myself on a reddit link... I also saw a stream of first 15 min Wii U streaming and it looked satisfactory by my standards and reaffirmed my Wii U purchase. It wasnt as sharp as switch, but still great looking IMO. Others may feel differently, But Im on board.

Anteo

so.. I just got a call for a job interview. If I get the job I might say fuck it and just buy the switch even tho is overpriced
in my country
and with no games for now.

Because those WiiU impressions.. sigh..

Edit:
So after watching some more WiiU footage I think I can deal with the performance issue. It doesn't phase me after a while I just need to remember that the GOAT OoT was 17fps in my PAL region and look, I'm still alive.

Later I can buy a Switch
Delux model released in 2019 with more internal storage, more gigaflops and cures cancer
and replay the game with the DLC.

For now, I want to play it. All these things are moot to me - I just want to snowboard arrow slay some goblins.

Or maybe I should do this, dammit its like every hour I something makes me change my mind. I cant decide.

NewGame

Banned
So after watching some more WiiU footage I think I can deal with the performance issue. It doesn't phase me after a while I just need to remember that the GOAT OoT was 17fps in my PAL region and look, I'm still alive.

Later I can buy a Switch
Delux model released in 2019 with more internal storage, more gigaflops and cures cancer
and replay the game with the DLC.

For now, I want to play it. All these things are moot to me - I just want to snowboard arrow slay some goblins.

MADGAME

Is there footage of the Wii U version struggling? I'm referring to using physics tools while rotating the camera, such as previously reported. I want to see it running at it's worst.

Gamekult is basically hyperbolic gaf posts in french, barely anyone cares about their opinions

Apparently a slight framerate difference, a marginal resolution bump and image quality bump is obviously worth 500$, yall make it sound like it's RE4 on PS2 or something smfh. Because tech nerds on the internet said so, suddenly you, the guy who played and enjoyed Zelda games on the N64 before knowing what framerate meant, or hell the guy who enjoyed Souls games even after knowing what framerate means absolutely needs to waste money on a launch Switch when you finally have the chance of playing the reason why you bought a freaking Wii U. If that guy's terrible tweets, the slight difference between two nearly identical images and a 15 minute video of perfectly fine gameplay is enough to make you change your mind I dunno what to say, hope you're not that easily influenced in investments that matter more

Is a console game. Of course there will frame rare issues. 90% of console games are choppy in some places. If you want smooth graphics go play on a pc.

Discomurf

I really miss the glow-ier, more mysterious lighting of the previous Wii U build...so strange that they changed it. I wonder if they made everything lighter so it was more visible when the Switch was used as a handheld.

Some comparisons:

Wii U (retail) / Wii U (e3)

EDIT: removed in case peeps dont want the first 15 mins spolied :)

Gamekult is basically hyperbolic gaf posts in french, barely anyone cares about their opinions

Apparently a slight framerate difference, a marginal resolution bump and image quality bump is obviously worth 500$, yall make it sound like it's RE4 on PS2 or something smfh. Because tech nerds on the internet said so, suddenly you, the guy who played and enjoyed Zelda games on the N64 before knowing what framerate meant, or hell the guy who enjoyed Souls games even after knowing what framerate means absolutely needs to waste money on a launch Switch when you finally have the chance of playing the reason why you bought a freaking Wii U. If that guy's terrible tweets, the slight difference between two nearly identical images and a 15 minute video of perfectly fine gameplay is enough to make you change your mind I dunno what to say, hope you're not that easily influenced in investments that matter more

Who hurt you?

Edit: wtf at that image spam two posts above me. That isn't anything I've seen in previews. How could you? I scrolled away while making a sound like a dying pterodactyl

Edit 2: Oh not new content? Cool beans. Still scared my cat tho.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I really miss the glow-ier, more mysterious lighting of the previous Wii U build...so strange that they changed it. I wonder if they made everything lighter so it was more visible when the Switch was used as a handheld.

Some comparisons:

They changed it to increase the fps, pure and simple.

Mistle

Some comparisons:

yeah i'm liking the E3 lighting more here, at least in the shrines.

edit: also i don't think anything you posted was a spoiler lol... pretty sure all that was in mass e3 coverage

m051293

Degree of spoilerness has jumped exponentially in the last hour in that thread. I would advise avoiding clicking at all costs unless you really have the stomach for them.

DO NOT CLICK ON SPOILER THREAD!
people are posting serious spoilers, bosses, ending,everything major in pictures.
Wondered why people were talking about ending cutscene, scrolled down slowly and then pictures started,saw the top half of one and realised i was in wrong thread.
I'm out....now it's leaked there are going to be spoilers everywhere online.

-shadow-

So the WiiU version is chugging whenever there are physics at play? I truly wonder how much the programmers were cursing at the hardware developers for the terrible CPU.

Aren't all the people playing the WiiU version early getting banned? I assume Nintendo can see recently played titles...unless they never connect to the internet again lol.
Nintendo has never banned people for playing a game early. Not even illegal copies. Well not unless they went online with that illegal copy of course.

Skyzard

Banned
Aren't all the people playing the WiiU version early getting banned? I assume Nintendo can see recently played titles...unless they never connect to the internet again lol.

people are posting serious spoilers, bosses, ending,everything major in pictures.
Wondered why people were talking about ending cutscene, scrolled down slowly and then pictures started,saw the top half of one and realised i was in wrong thread.

I was fine until the "DO NOT CLICK ON SPOILER THREAD" warning.

I know you think you are helping, but now I'm just dying from curiosity

I'm out....now it's leaked there are going to be spoilers everywhere online.

Spoiler thread has spoilers? Gotcha

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Zelda... has blonde hair.

So does link.

There is grass

and trees.

Lots and lots of trees
acb64ebbe1de5688c8adaf2ff8b142f2.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BotW is a huge open world game with heavy emphasis on constant data streaming alongside physics based gameplay. This is like...the perfect recipe for distaster with Wii U tier CPU and RAM limitations. I think some hitching and frame drops, especially during demanding scenarios, are inevitable.

I'm also not sure what compels people to spoil the shit out of an open world game where discovery and adaptability to surprising scenarios is a core facet of moment to moment play. You're basically irreversibly undermining your own first hand experience.

Skyzard

Banned
Are we sure those WiiU impressions about the framerate being worse isn't a result from pirating the game onto their USB/SD card something? They had a Switch version to compare it?

Top Bottom