• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

the power of datamining I'm assuming.

Plus Nintendo wasn't lying when they said you can head to final boss from the start. Also no one better say that this is a spoiler since that's from Nintendo.

Apparently Seth Bling (speed runner who got a copy from NIntendo) already "reached" the endboss in under an hour.

I say it like that because Link's fucking dead.

Nothing is happening.

There_is_No_War_in_Ba_Sing_Se_cover.gif

like actually legitimately terrible or "I want muh japanese" terrible.

From what I read, the voices dont fit the characters, like young sounding voices on really old characters. I think I will just have to get used to the translated names of all the items, places, characters and enemies. and just play the game in French or Spanish.

MoonFrog

So wish dual audio was true. I don't know Japanese, so a) Hyrule gibberish effect preserved, b) written dialogue is much easier to handle when it stumbles than spoken dialogue, c) I like the sound of Japanese, d) people saying the English is bad.

Lizardus

Probably not via mere tall grass stealth ala horse-sneaking. They seem really perceptive from the gameplay vids I've seen.

I DO want to find out the hard way, though ;)

I wish you could go prone in this game. I want some tacticool sneaking.

In one of the Treehouse previews after the Zelda Direct,
they had Link pick off Lizalofs one by one by stealthing around to a high vantage point in a hideout. That was cool

From what I read, the voices dont fit the characters, like young sounding voices on really old characters. I think I will just have to get used to the translated names of all the items, places, characters and enemies. and just play the game in French or Spanish.

So they sound like in their 50s instead of 80s.

Zips

Very very few games have GOOD/GREAT voice work.

From what we've heard so far, this game's voice work seems about average. As long as it doesn't make me cringe it won't be so bad.

m051293

There's been three voice-acted cutscenes scene on stream so far (one repeat from yesterday). Allegedly there are
166 cutscenes
. I wouldn't make any conclusions about the VA yet.

Very very few games have GOOD/GREAT voice work.

From what we've heard so far, this game's voice work seems about average. As long as it doesn't make me cringe it won't be so bad.

Kid Icarus for example has AMAZING voice work, I really had hgh expectations for this one.

Speely

Banned
I wish you could go prone in this game. I want some tacticool sneaking.

In one of the Treehouse previews after the Zelda Direct,
they had Link pick off Lizalofs one by one by stealthing around to a high vantage point in a hideout. That was cool

Yeah that was very cool. I feel like the layout of the land around Hyrule Castle will prolly be pretty unforgiving/require some additional abilities to bypass, though. I mean, it's the big bad's pad, ostensibly.

Only a few days till we find out!!!

Spinifex

So many people now saying that the English VA is terrible

If only Nintendo had given us a simple setting to change the language of the audio....

One of the biggest complaints about Life is Strange (one of my favourite games) was its bad voice acting and dialogue. People have garbage opinions on voice acting / dialogue.

Kid Icarus for example has AMAZING voice work, I really had hgh expectations for this one.

I'm gonna go with Bosman on this one and say that Kid Icarus's voice acting is very good and high quality for that sort of game. It doesn't take itself too seriously.

Zelda has to take itself seriously, an entirely different tone is needed and people have different standards on what's considered good voice acting in that front.

Edit: Yo fuck you, joegrine.

Top Bottom