• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

maxresdefault.jpg

Dremorak

Banned
I'm picking my switch up 15 hours from now, will come straight on to confirm if account switching between regions works, which is my biggest question at this point. Godspeed ladies and gentlemen!

*Am drinking* This game, that is potentially my dream game, is releasing on my birthday and I don't even know how to cope. Combine that with GAF hype/drama and I am basically living in a fucked-up dreamworld lol. Friday is like a fairy tale right now.

I too have felt a bit as though I'm in a dream state. A crazy vivid and lucid dream. Software I've fantasized about for literal decades is upon me, and I always sort of knew it ever since I listened to Aonuma talk and reveal back in 2014. Proof that even the most engrained series that most may consider 'known quantities' (both within Nintendo and across the industry) can evolve elegantly, maintaining their core spirit, their ability to stir the soul; advancing with technology and taste, forming some new language from existing vocabulary

Smellycat

hey guys I don't know where to post this.

But is this a spoiler?

I went to engadget.com and saw the main page and had a picture
of link on a crazy neon like horse wtf

how big of a spoiler is that? I have avoided spoilers for a while and it sucks if this is something big

arlucool

Do i need a tool to get the minerals?
There's a... sledgehammer? That works best for braking the mineral rocks. Alternately, use your bomb runes.
Search around defeated/broken Guardians, there's usually springs and ancient artifacts than can also be traded for rupees.

Edit: Also, kinda silly, but be sure to lift rocks when you see them. Sometimes there are rupees underneath.

Speely

Banned
I too have felt a bit as though I'm in a dream state. A crazy vivid and lucid dream. Software I've fantasized about for literal decades is upon me, and I always sort of knew it ever since I listened to Aonuma talk and reveal back in 2014. Proof that even the most engrained series that most may consider 'known quantities' (both within Nintendo and across the industry) can evolve elegantly, maintaining their core spirit, their ability to stir the soul; advancing with technology and taste, forming some new language from existing vocabulary

More elegantly put than I put it, and accurate. I am pretty much as excited as I can be because of this damn game. It just feels like a once-in-a-generation game that also happens to be redefining a franchise that helped define gaming for me.

Talk about a combo.

The good news is that reviews will have no affect on your life, and people's reactions will have no affect on your life, as long as you don't let them. :p
WRONG!

They will have an affect on my life.

The meltdowns will help the wait for the actual game. Anything to pass the time is a good thing.

hughesta

Banned
Gonna wake up early have a cup of coffee read some reviews take a nap get some lunch with my pals and then head over to best buy with them and keep em company while they camp out :)

I work constantly Friday through Sunday :(

_Clash_

Gonna wake up early have a cup of coffee read some reviews take a nap get some lunch with my pals and then head over to best buy with them and keep em company while they camp out :)

I work constantly Friday through Sunday :(

Great time to try out the handheld side of things during breaks

#glasshalffull

Ostinatto

There's a... sledgehammer? That works best for braking the mineral rocks. Alternately, use your bomb runes.
Search around defeated/broken Guardians, there's usually springs and ancient artifacts than can also be traded for rupees.

Edit: Also, kinda silly, but be sure to lift rocks when you see them. Sometimes there are rupees underneath.

You are amazing, how do you know all these sfuff without having the game ?lol

But is this a spoiler?

how big of a spoiler is that? I have avoided spoilers for a while and it sucks if this is something big

Post in the spoiler thread, you're more likely to get an informed opinion there.

The Lamp

Sweet lord I accidentally went in the spoiler thread but thank God the only post I saw was at the bottom. It was a mound of spoiler text about the timeline that someone kindly blacked out. Thanks, random poster!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

But is this a spoiler?

No it's not, but the location is new.

breathtakingly beautiful wow.

Less than 24 hours, hype is fucking reaching insane levels. I'm a grown ass man and I've lost so much sleep this past week. Only Nintendo can do this to me.

ubiblu

Less than 24 hours, hype is fucking reaching insane levels. I'm a grown ass man and I've lost so much sleep this past week. Only Nintendo can do this to me.

31, married, great job, post-grad study, and I've barely been able to concentrate all day. I think I got about 3 hours sleep. Four day weekend of zelda, here I come!

Top Bottom