• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

AdanVC

I think I'm about done with this thread tbh. Just gonna browse and lightly comment til bed, then I'll wake up tomorrow, peek at the review thread and laugh/cry, go to work, come back home, take a nice nap, then run off to Best Buy at 11:40pm to pick up my Switch.

It's been grand, ya'll.

It was a blast being hyped with y'all! Since the day when this thing was the NX and we we're freaking out with that fake buttonless controller :') A long (and painful) journey finally comes to an end.

I'm not worried about the reviews. I am worried about how people will react to them though.

PSA: Please do not freak out or shit on reviewers over a 9, or an 8, or even a 7. It's all fair, and it doesn't mean you won't love the game.

If people lose their shit over a 9, we might as well lock the review thread. Cause it won't get any better if that's what it starts off with.

ckaneo

I'm not worried about the reviews. I am worried about how people will react to them though.

PSA: Please do not freak out or shit on reviewers over a 9, or an 8, or even a 7. It's all fair, and it doesn't mean you won't love the game.

Well thats not true actually

Nepenthe

*Am drinking* This game, that is potentially my dream game, is releasing on my birthday and I don't even know how to cope. Combine that with GAF hype/drama and I am basically living in a fucked-up dreamworld lol. Friday is like a fairy tale right now.

Luckiest birthday! Nintendo be like:

Happy+fucking+birthday+there+can+only+be+one+kobe_3eb9f2_4394197.gif

"Happy Fucking Birthday, you shithead."

Servbot24

Banned
I bet money with someone that it'd be 95+ MC as of Friday at noon EST. We both feel confident in our bets.

That's some risky business, but due to your timing I think you may get it. I bet it starts off super high and then dips into the 92-94 range as more reviews come in.

atr0cious

I bet money with someone that it'd be 95+ MC as of Friday at noon EST. We both feel confident in our bets.
I hope folks have a dose of skepticism going into tomorrow morning. If it's good scores great, but I'm worried some folks(not necessarily you Jobbs) are putting a little more than a wishful thought on the score. Don't get banned on Christmas Eve and then not be able to share in the gift unwrapping.

squid

|OT|It only climbs everything
|OT|Wake me up if old Link
|OT|Beating a dead horse
|OT|More open than the free world
|OT|No visa needed

Gonna try and finish off Wind Waker tonight to get in the Zelda mood.

Slight problem though is the only thing left is the Triforce Quest...well, it can't be all bad.

atr0cious

Gonna try and finish off Wind Waker tonight to get in the Zelda mood.

Slight problem though is the only thing left is the Triforce Quest...well, it can't be all bad.
If you have it, hyrule warriors has been a great salve for my urges. Plus it's not full of puzzles, so you're not just going through the same formula with different coats of paint.

Jobbs

Banned
If someone gave me an over/under of 94.5 I would absolutely take the under on that

and that's why you are not really living

I hope folks have a dose of skepticism going into tomorrow morning. If it's good scores great, but I'm worried some folks(not necessarily you Jobbs) are putting a little more than a wishful thought on the score. Don't get banned on Christmas Eve and then not be able to share in the gift unwrapping.

I'm not terribly invested in what games score what. I've just been examining everything and thinking about the mindset of reviewers and I believe a 95+ mc is likely. Because most people disagree (see above) it seemed like something good to bet on

If you have it, hyrule warriors has been a great salve for my urges. Plus it's not full of puzzles, so you're not just going through the same formula with different coats of paint.

HW doens't feel like a Zelda game to me. It looks like one, but it doesn't feel like it. Still a fun piece of fanservice though.

I just realized while reading this page, I too have not seen the E3 trailer. Just looked it up on youtube and closed that tab the second I saw the trees. Man this game is gonna be dope.

atr0cious

HW doens't feel like a Zelda game to me. It looks like one, but it doesn't feel like it. Still a fun piece of fanservice though.
Oh yea, it's definitely not a "real" Zelda game. But like Metal Gear Rising, some well done fanservice goes a long way when it's tied to something serviceable, and both games are great at what they do. And seeing all the characters and being able to play as them is pretty fun.

Lylo

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| This little Link of mine, i'm gonna let it Shrine ♫

Yeah, i know...

Crazyorloco

*Am drinking* This game, that is potentially my dream game, is releasing on my birthday and I don't even know how to cope. Combine that with GAF hype/drama and I am basically living in a fucked-up dreamworld lol. Friday is like a fairy tale right now.

That's awesome. Happy early birthday :) I hope you're taking the day off.

Top Bottom