• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

Nepenthe

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| Holy fuck

Can it be this one?

Also, I still do actually prefer the first trailer for the game compared to the Switch one. It felt a bit more majestic, for lack of a better word. Plus the cut to the Master Sword and following crossfade into the final scene and logo was ace. Will never forget freaking out in a stream for that one. xD

The last shot of the guardian in the E3 trailer goes down as the coolest thing I've seen in a game trailer. I got chills when it happened

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| Zelda Gone Wild

zelda-trailer.jpg

Wookieomg

As many have said throughout the thread, I agree that it's gotta be either

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| A Link From The Past

or

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| Open Your Eyes

Nothing else even comes close to the simplistic majesty of those two. Each of them do this game justice imho. Witty formatting or puns just seem like poor form for this GOTF-contender. (Game of the Forever)

Grakl

or

Nothing else even comes close to the simplistic majesty of those two. Each of them do this game justice imho. Witty formatting or puns just seem like poor form for this GOTF-contender. (Game of the Forever)

simplistic majesty is the name of my indie band

or

I like that one. Nice avatar btw.

or

What's the witty pun involved in the Zelda 1 callback (which the game itself is) "Take any road you want."?

Wookieomg

What's the witty pun involved in the Zelda 1 callback (which the game itself is) "Take any road you want."?

No witty pun there, I wasn't saying every other potential title were of those two categories, but that there were many in the thread advocating for punny titles/silly ones imho. The "Take Any Road You Want" OT title is cool and fitting, but I don't think it really evokes the same sort of feeling as the other two I listed do. It's a great callback to the OG Zelda, but that's about where it tapers off in terms of being a title candidate, at least for me personally.

Speely

Banned
Now that we are here, I would just like to say this:

It has been an honor being on this ride with you. Holy fuck, we have arrived!!!!

Doing the nightshift right now, so when I wake up later today I hope to see GAF alive and well despite whatever the reviews might say. We're almost there.

I think I'm about done with this thread tbh. Just gonna browse and lightly comment til bed, then I'll wake up tomorrow, peek at the review thread and laugh/cry, go to work, come back home, take a nice nap, then run off to Best Buy at 11:40pm to pick up my Switch.

It's been grand, ya'll.

I would prefer this.
Because I am a hipster and have no super feelings for ALttP. (Largely because I didn't grow up with it, but I did grow up with the original)

Also, if the DLC let's you play as Zelda, can the OT for that one be "What if Zelda was a girl" or some play on that?
Or maybe Z E L D A with a sword emoji (if there is one) to reference the second quest cheat.

Nepenthe

Now that we are here, I would just like to say this:

It has been an honor being on this ride with you. Holy fuck, we have arrived!!!!

Right back at you. This has been a wild-ass ride.

Waiting for the reviews though got me nervous, much less the game itself! As a teetotaler, I feel like I need a drink. xD

I'm not worried about the reviews. I am worried about how people will react to them though.

PSA: Please do not freak out or shit on reviewers over a 9, or an 8, or even a 7. It's all fair, and it doesn't mean you won't love the game.

Instro

I'm not worried about the reviews. I am worried about how people will react to them though.

PSA: Please do not freak out or shit on reviewers over a 9, or an 8, or even a 7. It's all fair, and it doesn't mean you won't love the game.

Might as well just accept the fact that some people are going to melt down over whatever "low" score shows up.

Servbot24

Banned

The good news is that reviews will have no affect on your life, and people's reactions will have no affect on your life, as long as you don't let them. :p

I will, I'll kill myself before a reviewer's score hurts the Metacritic.

jdstorm

Banned
TLoZ:BotW |OT| Everything changed when the Gereudo Nation attacked
TLoZ:BotW |OT| Roads, where we're going we wont need roads
TLoZ:BotW |OT| What does Link even do?TLoZ:BotW |OT| Hyrule Zero Dawn
TLoZ:BotW |OT| See that Mountain. You can Climb it
TLoZ:BotW |OT| The Anime from Snowy River

Speely

Banned
Right back at you. This has been a wild-ass ride.

Waiting for the reviews though got me nervous, much less the game itself! As a teetotaler, I feel like I need a drink. xD

*Am drinking* This game, that is potentially my dream game, is releasing on my birthday and I don't even know how to cope. Combine that with GAF hype/drama and I am basically living in a fucked-up dreamworld lol. Friday is like a fairy tale right now.

Top Bottom