• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the fuck are people posting unmarked spoilers for an unreleased game in a community thread??!!

It's getting a little weird - we have all been happily discussing every leak and piece of promotional material here for months and now we're supposed to blank everything out?

That's fair I guess but I don 't find it obvious from the way the community thread has been progressing so far.

So, for clarity's sake, we can talk about the AI videos but the IGN footage is off-limits? I mean, the thing we're 'spoiling' in the last couple of posts is in the story trailer too.

Dany

Banned
Well, until now they have not showed long segments of story until the IGN video. But honestly I'm keen to keep on discussing promo material without tags. Until EA Access. That stuff should be tagged, in my opinion.

How can we dissect what are 'spoilers' and what isn't. Maybe I find how you level up and control squad mates to be spoilers while you think alien species are totally off limits. If EA is promoting it then it should be fine to discuss.

Maledict

I prefer going into games completely cold, so I've already seen too much for my liking (but that's my choice!). I do really want to see multiplayer feedback though from the Xbox players, so hopefully there will be a separate thread for that...

Yeah, same here. I'm surprisingly not having too much difficulty to stay away from the videos though, but that's probably because I have this thread as an outlet. Once people in this thread start discussing specific story spoilers untagged, I might have to bail.

prag16

Banned
Really liked the intro from IGN. Through, imo I wish there was more grandeur placed into the mission on the onset. But perhaps they build on that through the first few missions.
It was pretty reminiscent of the ME1 opening, which is probably what they were going for.

EDIT: As for spoilers I would figure stuff from the IGN first 13 should be tagged, but everything else seems like fair game at this point.

I'd assume a dedicated story spoiler thread will be created on or before the 16th.

CLBridges

I'm tempted to watch that "first 13 minutes" video, but I know I won't like myself afterwards lol. Only a few more weeks of waiting, thinking about picking up Horizon tomorrow just for a distraction until the 21st.

prag16

Banned
thinking about picking up Horizon tomorrow just for a distraction until the 21st.

It's a damn good distraction. It's too bad I don't have much time to play, so won't have it done before ME:A drops. It'll be a shame, but it'll be a while before I get back to it after that.

DevilDog

It's a damn good distraction. It's too bad I don't have much time to play, so won't have it done before ME:A drops. It'll be a shame, but it'll be a while before I get back to it after that.

*Screams internally since no PS4*\

I'd happily trade MEA for Horizon.

prag16

Banned
*Screams internally since no PS4*\

I'd happily trade MEA for Horizon.

Eh, personal preference I guess, but unless it unexpectedly turns out like crap I'll likely pour hundreds of hours into ME:A. Horizon is great but I'd be surprised if I go back after I complete the story. But we'll see.

DevilDog

Eh, personal preference I guess, but unless it unexpectedly turns out like crap I'll likely pour hundreds of hours into ME:A. Horizon is great but I'd be surprised if I go back after I complete the story. But we'll see.

Everything looks better for me in that game and the setting/premise is actually incredible unlike Andromeda. I will get Andromeda for the Multiplayer when it goes on sale, unless a walkthrough grabs me.

Mindlog

I am concerned that Horizon's prodigious use of detective mode may negatively impact my enjoyment of MEA's campaign.
Blood and semen everywhere in this game.

Vashetti

Banned
Is Andromeda not getting a physical Deluxe edition in the UK?

I can't find any for PS4 anywhere, just the standard physical. Amazon UK has digital codes for the various XB1 versions but nothing for PS4.

I really don't want to have to pay the extortionate PS Store prices for the Deluxe edition. Do you think they'll offer a deluxe edition upgrade on the store in the future?

Bombless

Is Andromeda not getting a physical Deluxe edition in the UK?

I can't find any for PS4 anywhere, just the standard physical. Amazon UK has digital codes for the various XB1 versions but nothing for PS4.

I really don't want to have to pay the extortionate PS Store prices for the Deluxe edition. Do you think they'll offer a deluxe edition upgrade on the store in the future?

The physical deluxe versions do not feature the game (NOMAD vehicle and steelbox only). Everything else is either physical standard or full digital.

The MP pictures continue.

C6HEvvmU4AIP36M.jpg:large

There's something about the eyes of the Krogan and Turians in Frostbite that weirds me out.

EDIT: The picture is their prestige system for those confused. This is the way it was described by their lead designer.

Mindlog

I'm very deep in Horizon and I can't shake the feeling...
Change nothing else except put Bioware's name on the cover and it would lose 20 points on Metacritic. The systems and mechanics would be eviscerated.

I'm very deep in Horizon and I can't shake the feeling...
Change nothing else except put Bioware's name on the cover and it would lose 20 points on Metacritic. The systems and mechanics would be eviscerated.
I wouldn't be surprised if Horizon got a lot of points for A) being Guerilla's first big non-Killzone game and B) being a new IP.

The MP pictures continue.

There's something about the eyes of the Krogan and Turians in Frostbite that weirds me out.

EDIT: The picture is their prestige system for those confused. This is the way it was described by their lead designer.

Hmm, health regen is giving me some mixed feelings. It was fine as a unique ability for the krogan warlord and vorcha, but every character having health regen might makes the harder difficulties less tense. Hopefully bioware can get the balance right.

Renekton

Hmm, health regen is giving me some mixed feelings. It was fine as a unique ability for the krogan warlord and vorcha, but every character having health regen might makes the harder difficulties less tense. Hopefully bioware can get the balance right.
Eh it is frustrating to limp past one wave and start the next gauntlet with lower health.

Retrofluxed

Apparently a guy on YouTube named Ocean Samurai got a hold of a couple of full tracks from the Andromeda soundtrack and uploaded them. I like what I've heard so far.

DOWN

Banned
Finished my replay of ME1. Rough technically but the atmosphere and art were so nice. It's sleek, neon blues and clean metal. The synth music is electric and intriguing. The big open exploration makes you small walking in the dust and spotting the forgotten body of an alien scientist. Society doesn't know about all the widespread flaws in their vision for intergalactic council-governed utopia space.

Really nice.

Started Mass Effect 2 and it's grown on me despite some disappointing breaks from the vision of ME1. The game has a bit more of heart pumping anticipation as you get into the first hours. Watching the Normandy crumble as you walk through it silently. The mysterious quarantine zone on Omega when you go to find Mordin is atmospheric and well done. I'm excited to go through it again for the first time in years.

Apparently a guy on YouTube named Ocean Samurai got a hold of a couple of full tracks from the Andromeda soundtrack and uploaded them. I like what I've heard so far.

Are you sure it's legit? I'm listening to the stuff now and tonally it's all over the place and not what I was expecting, at least compared to the stuff we've heard in the gameplay and initiative trailers.

Especially that supposed boss fiend music.

Colour me skeptical.

If you go to that channel there's another video a small snippet of that PeeBee mission not done by IGN where the person playing seems to know wtf they are doing. Makes the combat look much better lol.

Edit: Yeah watching those videos, claiming that music comes from the game seems reeeeal suspect.

SugarDave

Is buying directly from Origin the only way to get the Deluxe Edition with the AI hoodie and soundtrack (in the UK)? £54.99 is ridiculous but it looks like it may just be the standard edition from the other retailers.

Caboose

Any news on if there's a way to buy the items from the Deluxe version separately? Only the standard edition is physical here and I don't wanna buy digital. Shinobi?

diaspora

33138713661_4d54935374_o.png

I know there's the newer/current blue and white Andromeda Initiative logo with the tempest on it, but frankly I've always liked this one more.

Discord link in email tags- so quote to retrieve; it can be used to organize ME3 multiplayer matches if anyone wishes too. I'll re-post it closer to March 16th for the 10 hour demo.

Not that it is a surprise or anything but a dev on twitter confirmed that you are cut off from story progression at a certain point in the EA Access/Origin Access trial.

It was the same case in the Inquisition trial as well.

Xando

Not that it is a surprise or anything but a dev on twitter confirmed that you are cut off from story progression at a certain point in the EA Access/Origin Access trial.

It was the same case in the Inquisition trial as well.
Just a guess from me but i guess it's gonna be the start and the desert planet they gonna let us play.

They showed quite a lot of it and i think it's gonna be the hinterlands(as in first big area) of Andromeda

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I wouldn't be surprised if Horizon got a lot of points for A) being Guerilla's first big non-Killzone game and B) being a new IP.

Have you guys been playing it? It's bloody amazing if you ask me.

Playing on Hard and about 40 hours in now....it's sublime gaming adventuring.

Hopefully finish up just in time for ME:A early access play, I've been taking my time and smelling the roses (and robots).

diaspora

Have you guys been playing it? It's bloody amazing if you ask me.

Playing on Hard and about 40 hours in now....it's sublime gaming adventuring.

Hopefully finish up just in time for ME:A early access play, I've been taking my time and smelling the roses (and robots).

I have- the gameplay when fighting machines is great, but the v/o and conversation mocap is... rough. Lip syncing reminds me of old dubbed godzilla films.

edit: new page
33138713661_4d54935374_o.png

I know there's the newer/current blue and white Andromeda Initiative logo with the tempest on it, but frankly I've always liked this one more.

Discord link in email tags- so quote to retrieve; it can be used to organize ME3 multiplayer matches if anyone wishes too. I'll re-post it closer to March 16th for the 10 hour demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom