• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Medium is Xbox Series X console exclusive. Cannot be done on current gen

ManaByte

TOR4d7I.jpg

"Team Bloober has revealed that the hardware limitations of the current-gen made it impossible for them to implement the core features of The Medium... With super-fast SSDs and higher capacity RAMs, games can have two completely different worlds with different assets, and players can switch between them on-the-fly."

Last edited by a moderator:

Tamy

Banned
This thread didn’t age well:

Lol

Tomeru

Maybe its something to with rapid scene changes like in the trailer, but honestly - I'm getting sick of zero gameplay trailers.

The Medium and Scorn are both XsX console exclusive, I believe. Probably wasn’t communicated clearly enough but it was floated out there on Thursday

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I like it .. and that soundtrack when I first heard it I knew a silent hill taste in it hope the gameplay is great or as good as Alan wake at least

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Can't wait to play on PS5 after a year...

I doubt the exclusivity period will be that long. More like 6 months.

Not to be funny but given the state of the global economy thanks to Covid this next gen is gonna get off to a slow start sales-wise. So trying to float solely on sales from a single platform... not easy.

Last edited:

Aion002

I didnt like Blair Witch. I thought it was atmospehric, and looked great, but i dont know, how do you make a game about the Blair Witch when even 3 films have failed at it lol.
It's really hard... but they tried and failed... and I bought it on Steam. :messenger_loudly_crying:

Stuart360

Steadfast Xbox console warriors eating more crow?

No this isn't a console war post, just wait for info before fighting against the tide.
So Xbox fans will end up eating crow if the game isnt very good?, isnt that the same for any game?. Shall people just not discuss games until they release and we can check if they any good?

Keihart

This makes sense, it seems like the traveling between the 2 dimensions it's essential part of the gameplay, and with the fidelity they seem to be going for, it would probably have load times between them unless heavily downgrade. I would assume this at least.

It looks like The Messenger's time mechanic, like you will need to switch between them to find new paths to progress and stuff constantly.

oagboghi2

How do we get this game then? It’s confirmed Xbox series x only and not coming to Xbox one. It also comes to launch.
It's just a console exclusive, but you are wanking off just to the idea that Sony owners have to wait 12 months.

I can just get it on PC. Why is this such a big deal for you?

So Xbox fans will end up eating crow if the game isnt very good?, isnt that the same for any game?. Shall people just not discuss games until they release and we can check if they any good?
No.

In the thread about 'gameplay' during the Xbox inside event and this topic, people were rushing to the defence of Xbox, incorrectly, then ended up with red faces when Greenberg apologised.

We're all chomping at the bit for info, no need to shoot people down just to end up with egg on their face

Flintty

Woah, I wasn’t expecting that. I’m rather interested, especially because of the atmospheric soundtrack from the dude who did the Silent Hill music. If they can back that up with gameplay it’ll be superb.

Also good to see 3rd party devs doing what they need to do to deliver the vision (dropping last gen). I wouldn’t want them to feel pressured to cater for the One.

How do we get this game then? It’s confirmed Xbox series x only and not coming to Xbox one. It also comes to launch.

I was pointing out it was said by xbox themselves you were saying it's was what "gaf said" that's all , I know games will be there day one exclusive and otherwise .

Top Bottom