• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Metal Gear Solid Master Collection isn’t a native 1080p on PS5/XSX. It’s just 720p upconverted to 1080p.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Basically, you’d have the same image quality playing the PS3 versions on a 1080p monitor.

7qsECZm.jpg

GHound

Did people somehow miss that when they first showed the breakdown like a month or so ago?
But yeah, they can't even get collections right and some people expect these fucking clowns to make MGS6.

YCoCg

But HD Collection works fine on Xenia and RPCS3 rendering at 4K, come on, even emulation is better than the official product at this point, that's not even counting DuckStation emulating MGS1 in higher res, downsampling and then perspective correction on top of that.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
But HD Collection works fine on Xenia and RPCS3 rendering at 4K, come on, even emulation is better than the official product at this point, that's not even counting DuckStation emulating MGS1 in higher res, downsampling and then perspective correction on top of that.
Even Metal Gear Solid Sons of Liberty ran at 60 fps on a simple PS2... A PS2!!!!:messenger_neutral:

radewagon

Waitaminute.... Slow it down.

You mean to tell me that the games only upscale to 1080p. Like, it's not rendering natively at 1080? It's rendering 720 and just being upscaled to 1080? Like... if it's already that lazy, then why not just upscale to 4K?

If it's already a cheat and a lie, couldn't they at least have cheated to get a better fake resolution?

Such a clown show.

K2D

Banned
There's bound to be a fanmade overhaul project that actually puts in the effort and remakes the game, right? ...RIGHT?! *cry*

mcjmetroid

Awful....

But at this stage just get the games on PC in a convenient fashion and have the fans fix it... It's better than nothing. I'm certainly not buying it full price though.

There's bound to be a fanmade overhaul project that actually puts in the effort and remakes the game, right? ...RIGHT?! *cry*
I will never understand how a lone modder/hobbyist could get games like these running better than ever on any piece of hardware imaginable, but a half century old development house like Konami can't get the game to run as well as the original on a fucking PLAY STATION FIVE (5).

Pelao

Boy do I feel lucky to have bought MGS2 and MGS3 on Xbox before they were delisted. This collection is absolute garbage.
That said, I know I'll buy the next collection if it includes MGS4. It's basically the only reason I keep my fat PS3 from 15 years ago still hooked up to my TV.

Boy do I feel lucky to have bought MGS2 and MGS3 on Xbox before they were delisted. This collection is absolute garbage.
That said, I know I'll buy the next collection if it includes MGS4. It's basically the only reason I keep my fat PS3 from 15 years ago still hooked up to my TV.
Pretty much, but we are missing MGS1; and we also have peacewalker.. i love my collector edition lol

DaGwaphics

Trying to figure out if this is just a straight port of the ps360 versions or something bespoke for the new consoles is like watching a tennis game. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
What did I say
Unless something has changed, MGS1 is 4:3 480p outputting at 1080p. And MGS2 & 3 are probably 720p outputting at 1080p
I'm not sure what is taking up that space but it's not the actual games.
They literally ported the games, I'm surprised it took so long to get released.... unless development started when they announced it.
Still...they have fixed some stuff from the HD Collection and it's the only way to play natively on the PS4/PS5 & Switch.
Let's hope with enough backlash they update them to output in higher resolution.
george-of-the-jungle-throw-head.gif

Last edited:

Luigi Mario

I'm not even surprised with the way Konami handled this collection.
They did the bare minimum and only fixed some of the issues the Bluepoint HD remasters had.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

It a damn shame because it looks like a nice package

Last edited:

Luigi Mario

What did I say.
They literally ported the games, I'm surprised it took so long to get released.... unless development started when they announced it.
I was actually going to mention that you predicted this in the other thread.
You were right on the money and I don't doubt that “dev time” on this collection was very short either.

Last edited:
Reactions: TGO
Top Bottom