• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NeoGAF Hearthstone Superstar Open Challenge Season One

2-1 - shindoku21 / awwjayzin#1537 defeats PillowKnight / varb#1190

The RNG gods have blessed me with a lifetap soulfire ftw. Ggs!

Fixed1979

Morning GAF, hopefully it's warmer where you are then where I am (1 fucking degrees *Celsius, that's 34 for you yanks)...I need to move. If anyone who lives in a warm climate has a couch send me a PM.

Here's the game's that are on schedule. Just one game left in round 2.

Clm5AXR.png

Fixed1979

Having a little trouble getting a hold of my opponent. He has PMs off so I'm not sure what I should do.

Have you tried adding or messaging him on Bnet? If he doesn't post here in the next couple days and you still can't get hold of him then I'll have to make a scratch. There's still a couple other games to be played in the lower bracket round one so not a huge panic yet...

slayn

needs to show more effort.
Having a little trouble getting a hold of my opponent. He has PMs off so I'm not sure what I should do.
Dart was my previous opponent. I just added him on bnet and had the client open and when I saw him playing in the evening I messaged him from within hearthstone. We found each other pretty quickly that way.

Fixed1979

Not too many changes in today's schedule. Round 2 deadline is tonight with one match outstanding.

The weekend is upon us, so lets see if we can move these brackets ahead.

NuxHlrZ.png

centracore

I just PM'd lawlohwhat about our match, but posting here also:

Sorry, I just saw this now.. started a new job on Monday that has GAF blocked, I usually do all of my GAF browsing at work and haven't remembered to check GAF at home with the D3 2.1 patch and now Destiny. I can be on Hearthstone in 5 hours to play our game but if that doesn't work for you or is too late for the tournament you can just say you beat me. Sorry again.

Fixed1979

I just PM'd lawlohwhat about our match, but posting here also:

Sorry, I just saw this now.. started a new job on Monday that has GAF blocked, I usually do all of my GAF browsing at work and haven't remembered to check GAF at home with the D3 2.1 patch and now Destiny. I can be on Hearthstone in 5 hours to play our game but if that doesn't work for you or is too late for the tournament you can just say you beat me. Sorry again.

Thanks for posting. The deadline is technically midnight tonight, hopefully lawlohwhat can accommodate and play this evening. Otherwise we may have to move on, but I can leave you in "good standing" for the next tournament. We'll see what lawlohwhat has to say about when he'll be available before making a final decision.

KingKiller

Neo Member
I still have not made contact with Dart. I have tried adding him on Bnet and he has not responded. Being that the deadline is tonight (correct?) I'm worried.

Fixed1979

I still have not made contact with Dart. I have tried adding him on Bnet and he has not responded. Being that the deadline is tonight (correct?) I'm worried.

Deadline for round 2 was tonight. Even with my enormous rules list I forgot to clarify the schedule for the lower bracket. I've been sort of paying attention to how long games are posted without being played. Regardless of how this gets handled, you've posted in here and made every effort so worse case scenario is that you'll advance without having played your game.

I'll review all the open games tonight and figure out the best way to move ahead.

Slashlen

Deadline for round 2 was tonight. Even with my enormous rules list I forgot to clarify the schedule for the lower bracket. I've been sort of paying attention to how long games are posted without being played. Regardless of how this gets handled, you've posted in here and made every effort so worse case scenario is that you'll advance without having played your game.

I'll review all the open games tonight and figure out the best way to move ahead.

Loser round one bracket isn't even all filled out yet, if deadlines are by round I don't see how it can be tonight as well. Unless we're going by when a matchup was available to play, it would seem that the loser bracket would run 2 rounds behind the winner bracket because it took 2 rounds to populate the initial set of matches. That does create a situation where the winner will have to wait a while for the top loser for the finals, assuming we don't get ahead of schedule due to a lower # of remaining players.

Fixed1979

Loser round one bracket isn't even all filled out yet, if deadlines are by round I don't see how it can be tonight as well. Unless we're going by when a matchup was available to play, it would seem that the loser bracket would run 2 rounds behind the winner bracket because it took 2 rounds to populate the initial set of matches. That does create a situation where the winner will have to wait a while for the top loser for the finals, assuming we don't get ahead of schedule due to a lower # of remaining players.

Yeah, I wasn't going to keep the same deadline for the lower brackets, I was just going to review tonight and see if there were any games that have posted for a few days but still haven't been played. If a game has been posted for a full 72 hours in any bracket without getting played then we have a problem and really there's no reason for it. This isn't a job or anything for the players, but if you sign up I don't think it's unreasonable to play at least once every 3 days. I don't think anyone has taken that long yet, but I there's 1 or 2 that are closing in on it (such as KingKiller v Dart).

So far only bunbun777 has bailed without talking to anyone, which isn't too bad. I'm willing to give most anyone the benefit of the doubt.

Just the way the lower bracket works, the winner from the top bracket will definitely be waiting for at least 1 match to finish before he can play in the final. That won't be avoidable.

I am still considering, and will most likely be changing the structure for the next tournament.

centracore

lawlohwhat and I just played our matches.. he won the first one and I won the second and third. All around great games, most of them very pretty close except for the first one where I got destroyed.

Fixed1979

Alright, and with that, all lower bracket first round games are set, and all upper bracket 3rd round games are set.

Fixed1979

Can I ask that people finish their lower bracket round one matches by Saturday ~noon? Everyone should have had enough time by then, if both players are communicating and can't get a schedule down let me know.

Dart

I'm sorry guys, I've been pretty busy as of late. I have accepted your friend requests. If too late, I'm okay with being disqualified. Again sorry for keeping you guys waiting & thanks slayn for letting me know.

Can I ask that people finish their lower bracket round one matches by Saturday ~noon? Everyone should have had enough time by then, if both players are communicating and can't get a schedule down let me know.

Well, I have varb friended. I didn't see him online today and I played a ton this afternoon.

If we don't get our matches done today (friday) I can pretty much guarantee it not getting done til saturday afternoon. Maybe around 1pm est the earliest. More likely around 3pm est.

So varb, hit me up if you want to set a time today.

edit:
Also, you can't really hold me and varb to the deadline for round 2 since he had to first play his set in round 2 of the winner's bracket before even being paired with me. I originally assumed I just had no opponent for round 2 since I was not paired with anyone.

Fixed1979

Well, I have varb friended. I didn't see him online today and I played a ton this afternoon.

If we don't get our matches done today (friday) I can pretty much guarantee it not getting done til saturday afternoon. Maybe around 1pm est the earliest. More likely around 3pm est.

So varb, hit me up if you want to set a time today.

edit:
Also, you can't really hold me and varb to the deadline for round 2 since he had to first play his set in round 2 of the winner's bracket before even being paired with me. I originally assumed I just had no opponent for round 2 since I was not paired with anyone.

The deadline for round 2 was last night, it had no significance on the lower bracket.

I'm not going to put a deadline on anyone for the lower bracket, I just don't want us to get to far behind. In the interest in keeping things moving I'm just asking that if your match has been posted for a few days then try to make an effort to get it played. I would have posted your match was posted either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning so I'm not singling you guys out, just a friendly reminder is all. If you can't get it done until Saturday afternoon or even Sunday then so be it.

My biggest concern is if everything grinds to a halt while we're waiting on someone who isn't even going to play their match and isn't responding to PM's or Bnet request, I'll definitely need to come up with some sort of advancement schedule for the lower bracket next time (assuming the next tournament is double elimination).

I know you were waiting quite awhile for your opponent to be set, I'm wondering if it would help if I sent out PM's to people when they're next match is updated?

I'm sorry guys, I've been pretty busy as of late. I have accepted your friend requests. If too late, I'm okay with being disqualified. Again sorry for keeping you guys waiting & thanks slayn for letting me know.

No worries bud, your match is still open with KingKiller.

The deadline for round 2 was last night, it had no significance on the lower bracket.

I'm not going to put a deadline on anyone for the lower bracket, I just don't want us to get to far behind. In the interest in keeping things moving I'm just asking that if your match has been posted for a few days then try to make an effort to get it played. I would have posted your match was posted either Tuesday night or Wednesday morning so I'm not singling you guys out, just a friendly reminder is all. If you can't get it done until Saturday afternoon or even Sunday then so be it.

My biggest concern is if everything grinds to a halt while we're waiting on someone who isn't even going to play their match and isn't responding to PM's or Bnet request, I'll definitely need to come up with some sort of advancement schedule for the lower bracket next time (assuming the next tournament is double elimination).

I know you were waiting quite awhile for your opponent to be set, I'm wondering if it would help if I sent out PM's to people when they're next match is updated?

No worries bud, your match is still open with KingKiller.

The PM thing sounds good to me.

Also, I wasn't aware the deadline wasn't applicable to lower bracket. Ty for clearing that up.

Sound good, I should be on a good portion of the evening. If that doesn't end up working out maybe we can set a specific time on Saturday?

Sure, btw I'll be on at around 7:30PM PST tonight.

EDIT: I'll be signing off early around 8-8:30PM cuz of plans, so yeah we can try again tomorrow if you don't catch me tonight.

Top Bottom